Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Hi fellow FTers,
Today I played around avios bookings on BA website, and found that LHR-ARN/OSL now requires 20,000 avios + £1.00 for a return trip.

LHR-OSL Avios Booking

However, LHR-AMS a return trip costs 15,000 avios + £1.00.

LHR-AMS Avios Booking

It seems that the fees are less than before, but requires more avios. can anyone tell us what has changed recently? Have I missed anything?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by roy2016
Hi fellow FTers,
Today I played around avios bookings on BA website, and found that LHR-ARN/OSL now requires 20,000 avios + £1.00 for a return trip.

LHR-OSL Avios Booking

However, LHR-AMS a return trip costs 15,000 avios + £1.00.

LHR-AMS Avios Booking

It seems that the fees are less than before, but requires more avios. can anyone tell us what has changed recently? Have I missed anything?
You may have missed the changes described in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1978305-reward-flight-savers-priced-1-trial-begins-16-july-2019-a.html Tldr: currently a trial to have RFS priced at £0.5/£1 as the base. If you look at "More price options" you'll see the old RFS rate there.
roy2016 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by guv1976
Which airline's Manage My Booking page did you go to? If you tried BA's, you might find that you will have better luck at Finnair's or Qatar's.
Finnair says "The booking you're trying to add is already in the list."

no luck on Qatar or BA
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Hello, I am struggling a bit on trying to find MEL-DOH J availability on Qatar Airways. I am quite confused because I can't find almost anything between june-august 2020 on this route. This is my discouraging experience:

- Usually only availability in Y, which I am not interested in
- I have tried using QR awards search tool, and I am unable to set a correspondence between QR J availability in QR search tool and the BA one. Sometimes there is J space ("flexi award" and normal one) in QR site but it ends never appearing in BA search tool

May some expert in redeeming QR J awards via BA avios search engine help me? Any tricks or tips?

Thank you very much for your help.

::WyGuN::
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Try using aa.com?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
Try using aa.com?
+1.

But note that, regardless of carrier, aa.com will only start to show award-seat availability at 331 days before departure.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does the rule of having to be in Y and B apply also to UUA of LHR-MAD IB operated flights?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ringingup
Does the rule of having to be in Y and B apply also to UUA of LHR-MAD IB operated flights?
If booked with BA and using BA Avios, yes.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
If booked with BA and using BA Avios, yes.
Thanks. Even when booking with IB it seems that Y, B or H are required, at least according to their website.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Hi,

I am trying to think ahead to using two Amex vouchers next year so our family of four can fly to somewhere, ideally Asia. I believe this is still possible. Fairly relaxed at this point as to destination, but Singapore, KL or HK would all be good options. It would be lovely to all get F although that is probably a bit aspirational.

Can any body answer the following:

1. Can I book two in F and two in J, ie mum and dad get the better flights?
2. What are the best destinations for securing 4 reward seats?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
I am trying to think ahead to using two Amex vouchers next year so our family of four can fly to somewhere ...

Can any body answer the following:

1. Can I book two in F and two in J, ie mum and dad get the better flights?
On the assumption that you are the voucher holder for both vouchers, then I think that all four seats must be booked in the same cabin. You might want to check in the Amex voucher thread: BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver
Looking for a bit of advice from the gurus.
I've just made an Avios booking a few days ago. Logged in today to discover that after arriving from IAD my LHR-GLA leg has had a time change and I'm now below minimum connection time. Was initially an hour, it's now down to 35 minutes.
It's probably a stupid question but to change now does there have to be reward availability?
Reason I'm asking is after landing at 0630, the next flight showing reward availability is the 1535, when there is a flight at 1050 without.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Clansman
Looking for a bit of advice from the gurus.
I've just made an Avios booking a few days ago. Logged in today to discover that after arriving from IAD my LHR-GLA leg has had a time change and I'm now below minimum connection time. Was initially an hour, it's now down to 35 minutes.
It's probably a stupid question but to change now does there have to be reward availability?
Reason I'm asking is after landing at 0630, the next flight showing reward availability is the 1535, when there is a flight at 1050 without.
no there doesn’t have to be reward availability. Just call BA and ask to change your GLA flight to the 1050 and they will do it.
PETER01 and Clansman like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver
Many thanks KARFA, quick phone call and all sorted.
PETER01 and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: hahaha
Are there a list of terms/conditions/fare rules for multi-carrier awards? This page isn't too helpful: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_ca

Among a whole list of questions I might come up with while planning an epic sabbatical trip, I wanted to know how far I can stretch an open jaw. Must I start/end in the same country? IATA zone? Continent? I was thinking of taking the Trans-Siberian Railway...get off at DME and fly again at VVO or PEK, but not sure how far I can stretch that...

It would save me a ton of miles and overall bring down to the cost of the award significantly, but it seems too good to be true!
alex67500 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.