Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by abfab80
Hello,

I would be very grateful if anyone knows the answer to this query:

I have booked a WTP Flight LHR - BKK on 01/05/2020 , the return journey in WTP is SIN-LHR on 18/05/2020.

I tried to upgrade to CW and the only option available in MMB is by cash payment. I called BA and was told that I can not upgrade by Avios as there is no availability on either of the two flights.

Does any of you expert fliers know if there is any chance of availability opening up again for Avios upgrade or just I need to give up ? If you know that BA will open availability how can I monitor this aside calling BA every day ?

many thanks in advance

abfab80
Availability may open up a few weeks before the date. You can check using SeatSpy.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread has now been retired and archived. A new thread for 2020 has been set up which you can find here:

Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.