Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Surgee
Does anyone know if you can use either a 2-4-1 voucher and/or a GUF2 voucher on a double avios gold priority reward?
You didn't say which voucher you will want to use, but the answer is the same for both, no. From the Amex voucher terms and conditions:
29. Companion Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including Priority Reward (Gold Executive Club membership benefit). For more information on Priority Reward please visit ba.com.
From the Chase voucher terms and conditions:
14. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including Gold Priority Rewards (Gold Executive Club membership benefit). For more information on Gold Priority Rewards please visit ba.com.
From the terms and conditions for Gold Priority Reward:
7. Gold Priority Reward may not be used in conjunction with [i] Avios & Money, [ii] Gold Upgrade for One or Gold Upgrade for Two; or [iii] Avios for Upgrade or [iv] American Express Vouchers.
See also:
Gold Priority Award + GUF2 + 2-4-1
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:16 am

Hey guys, I wanna do a UuA on a flight from J to F on BA metal, and wonder if it is possible to use the Avios to upgrade, and then keep my AS number on it? Or does it have to be on BA FFP if I want to upgrade? It may affect my purchase choices for a flight. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:45 am

BA Holidays and Avios

Afternoon,

I appreciate this may be a obvious answer, but I wanted to know whether you can use Avios on BA Holidays and Flights..

I was looking to take advantage of the BA sale and use some of our stored Avios to reduce the price. If I look at the flight only options, it allows me to select the amount of avios I want to use, but as soon as I include a hotel then it no longer seems to give me that option.

Am I missing something or can you not use avios on Holiday and flights?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If i recall correctly, no, you can't part pay with avios when booking a BA holiday package
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
If i recall correctly, no, you can't part pay with avios when booking a BA holiday package
Thanks Lefly. Spoke to them and seems you are correct.

Although one of the agents said you could pay the deposit and then pay off some of the remainder with avios. But the other agent said this was not possible, so who knows.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:44 am

UUA travel agent ticket

The guidelines at the beginning of this thread states that the travel agent must be registered in the same country as the address of the BAEC account as a condition for UUA. In practice, does BA check that? How do they check that exactly? Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:56 am

If I have a cash booking in Euro Traveller which has been upgraded to Club Europe with Avios. I paid the ticket and upgrade using my Avios (same booking) The person I am travelling with got sick and are not flying. It is less than 24h to departure.

If the other passanger does a no show. Will I be able to claim back the Avios for the upgrade or anything from the ticket price?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
If I have a cash booking in Euro Traveller which has been upgraded to Club Europe with Avios. I paid the ticket and upgrade using my Avios (same booking) The person I am travelling with got sick and are not flying. It is less than 24h to departure.

If the other passanger does a no show. Will I be able to claim back the Avios for the upgrade or anything from the ticket price?
if you have a booking with two people both upgraded with avios I would split the booking and cancel the no show. if you cancel more than 24 hrs before the flight you should get the uua avios back, if you cancel within 24 hrs you won't.

Originally Posted by bchang
The guidelines at the beginning of this thread states that the travel agent must be registered in the same country as the address of the BAEC account as a condition for UUA. In practice, does BA check that? How do they check that exactly? Thanks.
This is something I remember seeing comments either way - sometimes it is enforced and sometimes not.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
This is something I remember seeing comments either way - sometimes it is enforced and sometimes not.
Does BA "own" a TA ticket after UUA? I.e. for further changes to an itinerary that has already been upgraded with Avios, should the TA be contacted or BA?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
I am trying to book a reward ticket for my mother to come down from GLA-LCY 19-23 Dec. If I try to book using avios through her non status BA account it shows 18000 avios + £110.18 in taxes or Club Europe. If I try to book same flights through my account it shows 18000 avios + £51 in taxes. Is there any explanation for this out there? Many thanks
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bagman55
I am trying to book a reward ticket for my mother to come down from GLA-LCY 19-23 Dec. If I try to book using avios through her non status BA account it shows 18000 avios + £110.18 in taxes or Club Europe. If I try to book same flights through my account it shows 18000 avios + £51 in taxes. Is there any explanation for this out there? Many thanks
That will probably be Reward Flight Saver pricing in your case. If her account doesn't offer RFS pricing, it's probably because she's not eligible for it, having not collected any Avios in the last 12 months.
alex67500 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by bchang
Does BA "own" a TA ticket after UUA? I.e. for further changes to an itinerary that has already been upgraded with Avios, should the TA be contacted or BA?
Happy to be corrected but as far as I can tell, from the Dashboard on this forum, it's BA I believe but maybe someone with experience of this can clarify and/or comment.

For TA UuA's though remember if there are non BA flights in the itinerary then it's not eligible for UuA. A direct booking with BA including other airlines is OK though for info. More detail here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593390-post7.html

UuA on BA only flight, booked through a travel agency

Once the upgrade takes place, BA re-issues the ticket and is then responsible for servicing the ticket for any changes for the re-issued ticket, not the travel agent.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Does anyone have answer on my problem, trying to book award to Tokyo, ba shows sin-hkg-hnd J+F but when trying to find only hkg-hnd F never shows up, only J. Any solution on this?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
Happy to be corrected but as far as I can tell, from the Dashboard on this forum, it's BA I believe but maybe someone with experience of this can clarify and/or comment.

For TA UuA's though remember if there are non BA flights in the itinerary then it's not eligible for UuA. A direct booking with BA including other airlines is OK though for info. More detail here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593390-post7.html

UuA on BA only flight, booked through a travel agency

Once the upgrade takes place, BA re-issues the ticket and is then responsible for servicing the ticket for any changes for the re-issued ticket, not the travel agent.
Thanks PETER01. I hadn't noticed the condition on having non BA flights in the itinerary. Ended up booking with BA direct, although chose to do it online after agent on the phone couldn't access the lower price probably due to difference in POS.

When I called up to upgrade, was happy to find out that BAEC is sometimes willing to open up availability for GCH. There was an error in the automated tax/fees difference (as has been reported elsewhere for WTP to CW UUA). I'm extremely grateful to this forum that I knew enough to request a manual pricing- thanks FT. The system had quoted an amount ten times more. Consistently high service quality from the Newcastle call center as usual.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:22 am

If I cancel a Club Europe redemption to Grenoble, that I paid 6500+£50 for, what amount do I get refunded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.