Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
There is rather a lot of misinformation going on in this thread.

There has been a Surprise and Delight Easter Campaign going on on some selected flights where Golds and Silvers have been offered a drink of their choice for themseft and a companion. It was at first on some, not all, GVA and LIN flights, mostly those with manageable numbers of card holders on. It has now been extended to some other routes, again only flights with manageable numbers of card holders on.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Many thanks for that clarification Littlegirl, the reports from other destinations now make more sense. It would still be good to hear something from that nice Mr. Hillier......
BAMuc likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
There is rather a lot of misinformation going on in this thread.

There has been a Surprise and Delight Easter Campaign going on on some selected flights where Golds and Silvers have been offered a drink of their choice for themseft and a companion. It was at first on some, not all, GVA and LIN flights, mostly those with manageable numbers of card holders on. It has now been extended to some other routes, again only flights with manageable numbers of card holders on.
I am more confused now. So is this just an Easter thing or a trial of something that could get more permanent?
orbitmic and deboyzoned like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6948
I am more confused now. So is this just an Easter thing or a trial of something that could get more permanent?
I'm reading this (and something a Waterside lurker has passed on to me) as meaning it started as an Easter unpromoted promotion on the 2 routes mentioned. It has now been extended to a random and unspecified number of other routes, provided there aren't too many status passengers on board. This sounds like they are trying to find the feasibility point of control. Conjecture: I can't see the point of doing this unless a permanent intent was involved, somewhere done the line. So send in positive feedback if it happens to you.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by BA6948
At the moment it is an Easter Surprise and Delight Campaign. I don’t know if it is a trial for what might happen but from my understanding from crews that have operated on these flights, it is only achievable on flights that don’t have a lot of card holders on. Some crew have struggled on some routes to get the service finished and others have not had enough stock on evening flights where G&Ts are in demand. I have not operated on a flight, so cannot give you any more info, I’m afraid.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:06 am

It is a step better towards loyal BA elites ,
but the image of BA is still a LCC from the point of view of other flyers
Blueboys999, BAMuc and headingwest like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA, Hilton

I don’t know if it is a trial for what might happen but from my understanding from crews that have operated on these flights, it is only achievable on flights that don’t have a lot of card holders on.
Thank you for the information much better to have actual details than speculation.

Do you happen to know what counts as a lot in this context? Referring to earlier, there was the suggestion that GVA made sense as one of the most status heavy routes? (is LIN, no idea?)

Potentially a frustrating change as, apart from bag tags, how would a status holder know how many others were on the flight....
orbitmic and Upupintheair like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm reading this (and something a Waterside lurker has passed on to me) as meaning it started as an Easter unpromoted promotion on the 2 routes mentioned. It has now been extended to a random and unspecified number of other routes, provided there aren't too many status passengers on board. This sounds like they are trying to find the feasibility point of control. Conjecture: I can't see the point of doing this unless a permanent intent was involved, somewhere done the line. So send in positive feedback if it happens to you.

At the moment it is an Easter Surprise and Delight Campaign. I don’t know if it is a trial for what might happen but from my understanding from crews that have operated on these flights, it is only achievable on flights that don’t have a lot of card holders on. Some crew have struggled on some routes to get the service finished and others have not had enough stock on evening flights where G&Ts are in demand. I have not operated on a flight, so cannot give you any more info, I’m afraid.
thank you both. My only routes are BRU and CDG to LHR. I guess these are too short for this kind of trial but if it happens I will send a positive feedback.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It was offered on my LGW-GLA last night. They got to row 10 by the time we started initial descent as there seemed to be a lot of status passengers, all of whom were greeted by name and offered complimentary refreshments (crew read names from a sheet). The CC said it was a promotion being offered on domestic routes to SCH/GCH and BCN. I knew from here it was offered on other routes but didn’t correct her
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA
I was offered this on my LHR to GLA on Thursday evening. I was a bit surprised as I imagine this flight is normally status heavy.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath
I was offered this on my LHR to GLA on Thursday evening. I was a bit surprised as I imagine this flight is normally status heavy.
I dare to say that people with status have given up on BA so the flight is now status light instead of heavy...
hugolover and kosy91 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
I dare to say that people with status have given up on BA so the flight is now status light instead of heavy...
Not at all, we are seeing more Golds and Silver than ever on all our flights.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:32 pm
05R

Programs: BAEC GGL
Complimentary drinks offered on BSL - LHR this evening for golds and slivers.. Described as a "complimentary drink for Easter". Not sure how far down the cabin the trolley got but we were in the exit row and were in mid cruise when we got our drinks. Very welcome gesture even if it is a time limited offer.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by 05R
Complimentary drinks offered on BSL - LHR this evening for golds and slivers.. Described as a "complimentary drink for Easter".
This is clearly a positive change for status holders.

5 days after Easter though I think it's high time to call this promotion something else.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Given that not long ago ALL passengers got a free drink, I don't understand why it is proving hard to provide this perk during a flights duration?
Dave_C likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.