Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by deboyzoned

The ET crew have a printout of all Silvers, Golds and GGL. I happened to talk to them before takeoff and asked if they were doing the trial. They said yes. And then as they are doing the service, they say a drink is complimentary for you Mr/Ms YYY and also complementary for a travelling companion.

Simples :-)
That is reliant on the ground staff on the day knowing anything about the trial, and having the time to print out the list. Most of the time, it's the Purser frantically trying to copy down names and seats from their ipad onto a scrap of paper during boarding along with 101 other tings going on, which then needs to be copied out a couple more times so all the Traveller crew have a copy. You're making the understandable assumption that this was all carefully thought through before implementation. Welcome to British Airways!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
That is reliant on the ground staff on the day knowing anything about the trial, and having the time to print out the list. Most of the time, it's the Purser frantically trying to copy down names and seats from their ipad onto a scrap of paper during boarding along with 101 other tings going on, which then needs to be copied out a couple more times so all the Traveller crew have a copy. You're making the understandable assumption that this was all carefully thought through before implementation. Welcome to British Airways!
That is good to know. Thanks for the insight.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
GLA - LHR Free Drink in Y

I was offered a complimentary soft drink, Tea or Coffee on yesterdays BA1483 (Gla-Lhr at 12.25), At least I think that’s what the options were ? I still had my earphones in when first asked. I said No Thanks, she reiterated that it was complementary. To be honest I’d had a cuppa and a sandwich in the lounge already so really didn’t want anything.

Not sure if this is part of Easter promotion or part of the wider trial mentioned above. It was also a full flight in both J and Y.

DtB
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Down the back
I was offered a complimentary soft drink, Tea or Coffee on yesterdays BA1483 (Gla-Lhr at 12.25), At least I think that’s what the options were ? I still had my earphones in when first asked. I said No Thanks, she reiterated that it was complementary. To be honest I’d had a cuppa and a sandwich in the lounge already so really didn’t want anything.

Not sure if this is part of Easter promotion or part of the wider trial mentioned above. It was also a full flight in both J and Y.

DtB
Its part of a wider trial as far as I understood it.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I read it as more of an Easter promotion than a trial. If extra lounge passes for your kids it also on trial then God help us all.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:03 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=jday;29629923]
I read it as more of an Easter promotion than a trial. If extra lounge passes for your kids it also on trial then God help us all.
[/QUOTE

Not an Easter Promotion...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Not an Easter Promotion...
But this was from BA:

We regularly look for ways to recognise our most loyal customers and over Easter we've been surprising some of them with extra lounge guest passes and a free drink on board selected flights.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jday

But this was from BA:

We regularly look for ways to recognise our most loyal customers and over Easter we've been surprising some of them with extra lounge guest passes and a free drink on board selected flights.
Valid point

Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:15 pm

It was originally described as an Easter promotion, but was extended. Galley FM reports that this is a trial leading to a more permanent roll out. Treat that with a huge bucket of salt!!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Printing anything out nowadays simply amazes me and also is a real no no for the environment (yes, Im jumping on that band wagon!) I get that lack of connectivity up in the air is a reason why paper can still rule. But printed lists/vouchers etc, come on its nearly 2020, surely the iPad has the info they need pre-departure. ie whether their pax are GCH, SCH, BCH, BCH non-BAEC etc.

I have in fact seen the User interface on the iPad that the crew ‘see’ (albeit I think this was long haul) and I probably wasn’t or shouldn’t have been privy to but it’s one of those situations where a screen is present in front of said staff and customer. Is this the same for both Long and Short haul? Could crew not simply use the iPad as a way of identifying BAEC pax? The log of free drink is a different matter but clearly this hasn’t been thought through.

The entire ‘point of sale’ process for BoB still seems rather slow and painful for crew without trying to log and manage a ‘freebie’ trial/event. Technology is a marvel (mostly) but BA seem to struggle like most corporates stepping into the digital world.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Printing anything out nowadays simply amazes me and also is a real no no for the environment (yes, Im jumping on that band wagon!) I get that lack of connectivity up in the air is a reason why paper can still rule. But printed lists/vouchers etc, come on its nearly 2020, surely the iPad has the info they need pre-departure. ie whether their pax are GCH, SCH, BCH, BCH non-BAEC etc.

I have in fact seen the User interface on the iPad that the crew ‘see’ (albeit I think this was long haul) and I probably wasn’t or shouldn’t have been privy to but it’s one of those situations where a screen is present in front of said staff and customer. Is this the same for both Long and Short haul? Could crew not simply use the iPad as a way of identifying BAEC pax? The log of free drink is a different matter but clearly this hasn’t been thought through.

The entire ‘point of sale’ process for BoB still seems rather slow and painful for crew without trying to log and manage a ‘freebie’ trial/event. Technology is a marvel (mostly) but BA seem to struggle like most corporates stepping into the digital world.
The same interface is indeed seen on short haul too.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL
We were given free reign of the drinks' trolley last night on the last GLA-LHR. Anything we wanted except champagne, was the message. I had hot chocolate (doing a booze-free month!) and my partner had a Grey Goose and coke. It was like going back in time
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I just arrived off a FAO-LHR service. BOB was slow despite me being close to the front. When ordering my Beer and sandwich I was told the sandwiches were out. Only 4 had been loaded and these were all sold on the outbound sector. The answer to my question on what they have to eat was „crisps or nuts“. I was obviously not impressed but settled for just the beer. Around 30 minutes later, the crew member passed me a free bottle of water and some nuts as an apology for not having food. Now, while not earth shattering, I was completely surprised that BA was doing this and that the crew member was empowered to do so.
subject2load likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I was told the sandwiches were out. Only 4 had been loaded and these were all sold on the outbound sector.
Only 4 sandwiches for a 2 sector flight? BA must have very low expectations of selling much!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Does the lack of sandwiches not show how bad BOB is doing?? Surely they have more than a year’s worth of data now to help with forecasting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.