Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You do realise by posting in this topic you will have just got FlyerTalk all excited? 😁
On our first trip in ET during the pandemic (July 2020), we were both discreetly offered champagne - there were maybe 20 people on the plane. Very welcome.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It indeed sounds like more of a crew initiative. Whilst the default is nothing, some crew will kindly approach GGL/GCH or customers with noted major disruptions or special occasions with anything from a greeting to a glass of something, a "would you like to drink anything" or even a "I have a breakfast tray left which is going to go to waste". It is not systematic, it is not official service, more of an ad hoc "surprise and delight" initiative based on service constraints (e.g you'd likely only get this if CE is not too busy, if the crew have spared, if the number of passengers that would qualify for special attention in Y is small enough, and if this can be done discretely).
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A bottle of fizz and glass were delivered to me (along with crisps and bottle of water) in the main cabin on a LHR/BHD a few days ago. The Gold in the row in front of me received the same. A nice gesture from the in-flight lead.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:13 pm

Not a free drink (as we were in CE anyway) but Mrs FW and I were both given an awkward GCH greeting on our flight to and from KEF. On the flight back from KEF I also got a Happy Birthday from them; I guess the iPad knows all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.