Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by tom139
Does the lack of sandwiches not show how bad BOB is doing?? Surely they have more than a year’s worth of data now to help with forecasting...
Yes, but if they only load 4 sarnies for 2 sectors, they're never going to sell very many of them anyway! The data probably says 4 sarnies, all sold and the BOB team in charge of purchasing says "that's fine then, we've no leftover so we'll carry on loading 4"
florens likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Is it possible for crew to somehow feedback the lack of an item? So every time someone wants a sandwich and they run out they could send this to the system.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
I was not offered anything on a recent trip to MXP. On the return sector I asked in the galley if the cabin crew had any experience of the trial and how it was going. Much complaining about the speed of the iPads for BOB followed. I can see if the tech isn’t up to muster to even to BOB properly that would make hunting out those entitled to freebies and handing them out harder.

The idea posed here for status holders to pay by Avios and get a zero deduction would at least keep the workload for crew even, but might annoy some non-BAEC OW elite members. However a printed list to cross check against while doing BOB? That’s just crazy!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Life goes on
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
As I explained earlier, this is on selected flights only and they seem to be choosing routes and flights with a descent number of card holders but not too many!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold,
I am Gold and have been offered a free glass of champagne by the csm when flying in economy on LHR/MAN on two occasions recently with the comment to welcome you back has this happened to others and is it standard procedure or a CSM using up some open bottle from club Europe ?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Paul2408
I am Gold and have been offered a free glass of champagne by the csm when flying in economy on LHR/MAN on two occasions recently with the comment to welcome you back has this happened to others and is it standard procedure or a CSM using up some open bottle from club Europe ?
it’s not standard but it does happen sometimes. Happens to me on a MAN flight back in February with a bottle from CE provided. It’s not part of this latest trial.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think I read that LIN was one of the routes they were running the trial on. I’ve flown LHR-LIN today but nothing was offered. No greeting either, but to be honest I’ve never got one when flying short haul.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
If anyone is counting, nothing LHR-HAM Sunday 8 April or TXL-LHR Friday 13 April

Last edited by TPRun; Apr 13, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I was informed that the trial ended on Wednesday 11th April. I asked the CC on BSL to LHR flight on Thursday 12th and that’s what I was told.
Although did get a Greeting by CSM after CE service completed.And used the Easter extra guest lounge offer at LHR Friday 13th .. all 9 of us were in GF for flight to OSL. Haven’t used GF T5 LHR on a Friday evening... very quiet.... 😊
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
So reading through the above thread, it seems the trial for this finished on the 11th April.

Does anybody know if this was successful is going to start existing soon as a permanent thing? (I was looking forward to my flight from GVA - LHR in ET for my free hot drink - but now I'll just have to snooze instead!)
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Very old thread but I couldn’t find anything recent! I was surprised to be offered this on a recent BHD to LHR flight. (I’m Gold). Has anyone else experienced this recently?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sarahluv
Very old thread but I couldn’t find anything recent! I was surprised to be offered this on a recent BHD to LHR flight. (I’m Gold). Has anyone else experienced this recently?
You do realise by posting in this topic you will have just got FlyerTalk all excited? 😁
Gengy, orbitmic, jrfsp320 and 12 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:14 am
formerly JackDann

I flew the same route recently as Gold - ordered my drinks as soon as I could and wasn’t offered anything for free.

I know Gold’s can sometimes get offered a drink or something on the house on occasion, completely depends on crew though.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:45 pm

This is solely goodwill of the crew and certainly not service standard. Some may argue this is inappropriate and actually shouldn't be done in order to ensure consistency across the board
You got lucky here, it isn't "rare" per se, but certainly not the norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.