FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1901848-free-drinks-trial-baec-silver-golds-selected-short-haul-routes.html)

Pack Apr 2, 2018 5:03 am

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

I can't find a thread on this but apparently a trial is being run on flights between London and Geneva where BA Silver and Gold members will receive free hot drinks, this could lead to all short haul flights having the same option.

British Airways Trialling Free Short Haul Drinks For Frequent Flyers... - God Save The Points

I did check that the article wasn't posted yesterday! :D

riku2 Apr 2, 2018 5:10 am

AY have had a similar scheme for a long time. Emerald card holders get a free soft drink (although this is in addition to the free tea/coffee/juice/water that everyone gets). AY were not so mean to charge even for the most basic drinks when introducing BOB.They have the passenger list and emerald card holders are marked. If you want the drink they enter a special code on the tablets they use for collecting payment.

Pack Apr 2, 2018 5:12 am

AA as well. Make no mistake this is still a step down from pre BOB.

thebigben Apr 2, 2018 5:13 am

I will be reaching silver in a week, and doing LHR-GVA in a couple of weeks, will report back!

BABenchley Apr 2, 2018 5:15 am

On select GVA flights*

ThatT1Feeling Apr 2, 2018 5:18 am

I think this would make a huge difference. Of course I used to like the G&T as well on the evening flights but even just a cup of tea makes a difference and it's probably better if I don't drink spirits on every evening flight I take. I did however get a free shortbread last week with my (paid for) cup of tea :)

Pack Apr 2, 2018 5:28 am

Originally Posted by BABenchley (Post 29592777)
On select GVA flights*

Title mended.

Are the selected flights from LCY? :D

amt Apr 2, 2018 5:38 am

Swiss just announced they were going BOB out of GVA about two weeks ago. Seems like a swoop to try and poach their customers.

Dave_C Apr 2, 2018 5:39 am

Wow. So they take away all free drinks and free snacks. Then they give us back a free tea or coffee on one route, for some flights and we're meant to come flocking back in gratitude?

Pathetic.

itsmeitisss Apr 2, 2018 5:41 am

Well those that receive it, be sure to show your appreciation - then maybe it might be used across more routes... ;)

jday Apr 2, 2018 5:46 am

Free bottled water wouldn’t go a miss.

godsavethepoints Apr 2, 2018 5:50 am

My entire takeaway from this: If you receive said trial, or have any way to feedback said trial - make it positive feedback. There's no point in moaning about pre BOB days. I miss them, you miss them, but we must reward and encourage any positives. No one is saying it makes everything ok, but if feedback is incredibly positive and a no brainer from a CS standpoint, it makes it all the more likely to explore further such moves. Just my two cents...

corporate-wage-slave Apr 2, 2018 6:03 am

What has caught my eye about this is the choice of GVA. It has, along with routes like EDI, NCE, AMS one of the highest levels of status travellers, it's not unusual when CE + status is the large majority of a particular flight. So from a crew point of view, this would be the last route I would be doing trials on, other than if to prove the point that if it can be done on that route, it can be done anywhere.

godsavethepoints Apr 2, 2018 6:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29592864)
What has caught my eye about this is the choice of GVA. It has, along with routes like EDI, NCE, AMS one of the highest levels of status travellers, it's not unusual when CE + status is the large majority of a particular flight. So from a crew point of view, this would be the last route I would be doing trials on, other than if to prove the point that if it can be done on that route, it can be done anywhere.

from what I've heard internally, that's specifically why it was chosen. One of the highest elite yielding routes, with short flight time. If it can be done there, it can be done anywhere. Apparently crew are less than thrilled...

fransknorge Apr 2, 2018 6:24 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints (Post 29592881)
from what I've heard internally, that's specifically why it was chosen. One of the highest elite yielding routes, with short flight time. If it can be done there, it can be done anywhere. Apparently crew are less than thrilled...

Emphasis mine.
Seriously ? They are kidding, right ?