Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by woodey
Do I need to learn to be a bit more DYKWIA?
I got promoted to Gold a few weeks ago....
Well, perhaps start gently?

How about changing your FT status from BA Silver to BA Gold? If that goes well, start flexing your new found magical powers
LCSinTexas and 07L 25R like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by woodey
Do I need to learn to be a bit more DYKWIA?
I got promoted to Gold a few weeks ago. 😊
Has your FT background changed colour yet?

If not, I’d drop them a line reminding them of your new found status...
IFE Wizard and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Going through security at BHX (don't ask - I didn't book the flight!) , and I was behind a guy at security who was arguing about not being able to take a huge bottle of shampoo through in his hand luggage. "This is ridiculous. I've taken this bottle as hand luggage on several flights without problem" (clearly a lie), and generally just being an idiot. After several minutes, he finally gave up, left the bottle to be put into the bin and sulkily walked through the scanner, like a petulant child. I put my laptop etc into the tray and walked towards the scanner. As I was walking past the security guy in question, we made eye contact, and at exactly the same time, both said "what a d*ck head" and then cracked up laughing...
Old May 20, 2018, 4:50 pm

Currently in Club MCO about to board BA2038 and listening to a chap recite his iTunes playlists (the titles of the songs) by year on speaker. He’s currently at 2007. Turns out he’s on our flight too. He’s got a lot of Celine Dion and Whitney Houston on it.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: LH
Today morning at breakfast in Hilton, I was waiting at fried eggs station for one lady to put them on her plate. When she is finished a guy with airpods in ears rushes in front of me and tries to cut the "line" saying "I am a diamond member".
Old May 24, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by shady
Today morning at breakfast in Hilton, I was waiting at fried eggs station for one lady to put them on her plate. When she is finished a guy with airpods in ears rushes in front of me and tries to cut the "line" saying "I am a diamond member".
Could have been worse, had he brought his giraffe along...
shady likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by onobond
Could have been worse, had he brought his giraffe along...
Giraffe?
Old May 24, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by Worcester
Giraffe?
Thni he is referring to a quite funny animation on YouTube about a Hilton Diamond member. Search on Hilton Diamond on YouTube...

What a numpty. Wonder what he would have said if challenged... “it is a well known Diamond benefit to be able to cut the line for the egg station”...
Worcester likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Maybe it was a dare and someone else was egging him on.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:19 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
It's these kind of situations that really need the perpetrator to be left with egg on their face.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
how egg-citing!

seriously though - that's beyond DYKWIA and into totally ridiculous and bad manners - at that point, you may as well cut the line on the basis of "I'm richer/taller/stronger/ruder than you" and take the fig-leaf of the loyalty programme out of the equation entirely...
Old May 24, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Beware of fake Diamond members.
Attached Images  
Old May 24, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
BA First Wing last Friday: a passenger just refuses to take her shoes off.

Reason: she doesn’t want to walk on the floor without shoes on. It’s literally one metre and she isn’t even barefoot.

Is a bit petulant at the time before realising she won’t get far if they can’t scan her shoes.

I don’t quite understand the need for these little dramas.
Cotumely likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, BA oik, TK pleb, EY Hoi Polloi
Maybe it is because it's all theatre?
Old May 24, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
BA first wing last night at about 7:20pm. I was (unusually for me) checking-in a bag and an Italian women at the desk beside me was having a mega melt-down as she and her daughter had purchased cheap HBO fares but expected to check-in multiple large suitcases free of charge. Phrases such as "you are going to suffer for this, I am a very important customer" were being directed at the long suffering agent and her supervisor who had been called over. They handled it well and I am delighted to say stood their ground and charged the women the appropriate fee.

Then they sat next to me in the 1st lounge dining room and requested "off-menu" items from the kitchen. When they were informed it was not possible she insisted that the waitress go and speak to the chef as she couldn't possibly eat anything else on the menu. When the waitress came back and explained the chef confirmed it was not possible she then happily ordered the Chicken Curry! Not the reaction I was expecting from her but I was pleased the waitress didn't get the hard time I was expecting.
hugolover and T8191 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.