FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2018, 3:59 am
Vinotraveller

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
BA first wing last night at about 7:20pm. I was (unusually for me) checking-in a bag and an Italian women at the desk beside me was having a mega melt-down as she and her daughter had purchased cheap HBO fares but expected to check-in multiple large suitcases free of charge. Phrases such as "you are going to suffer for this, I am a very important customer" were being directed at the long suffering agent and her supervisor who had been called over. They handled it well and I am delighted to say stood their ground and charged the women the appropriate fee.

Then they sat next to me in the 1st lounge dining room and requested "off-menu" items from the kitchen. When they were informed it was not possible she insisted that the waitress go and speak to the chef as she couldn't possibly eat anything else on the menu. When the waitress came back and explained the chef confirmed it was not possible she then happily ordered the Chicken Curry! Not the reaction I was expecting from her but I was pleased the waitress didn't get the hard time I was expecting.