Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
I am a bit clueless these days as the classic DOH-HKG via CMB on UL is now gone... any clue as to how to fly to HKG cheap in Business, either ex-EU or the Middle East?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by cysyuen
I am a bit clueless these days as the classic DOH-HKG via CMB on UL is now gone... any clue as to how to fly to HKG cheap in Business, either ex-EU or the Middle East?
QR LGW-DOH-HKG for around £1450rtn. Be quick... The sale ends today

EDIT.... You're about 4hrs late.... Fare expired at midnight last night / this morning

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Aug 5, 2018 at 8:56 pm
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:08 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
QR LGW-DOH-HKG for around £1450rtn. Be quick... The sale ends today

EDIT.... You're about 4hrs late.... Fare expired at midnight last night / this morning
I was considering booking LHR-DOH-HKG and back for late Nov and it's still coming out at £1570 on the QR site... maybe the fare rules you looked at are just for LGW
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Coles
I was considering booking LHR-DOH-HKG and back for late Nov and it's still coming out at £1570 on the QR site... maybe the fare rules you looked at are just for LGW
Quite possibly.
LGW fares are into £1700+ territory now when they were sub £1500 yesterday.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I managed to get LHR-DOH-HKG-DOH-LGW all on QR, 3xQsuites, 1xDreamliner for 1576, which i thought was a really good price. Now looking for a quick run for a couple of days whilst in HKG! ( how did I ever get hooked on this? )
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
SCL ex-CH - struggling with AA and bookwithmatrix

Originally Posted by planenut321
Santiago has had a flash fare loaded in the First cabin. £5499 for two passengers (companion fare) for travel in October to January - same set up as Cape Town offer last month. Finishes on 6th August. Normal fare over £6k for one passenger usually.
Determined to visit Chile, I initially let the BA flash fare expire: preferred a bit more TPs and something ex-CH. Switzerland is not known for great ex-CH fares - the people here are just too well off for that.

I then spotted a ZRH-SCL AA fare, allowing for BA+AY metal and HEL as TP booster: ZRH-HEL-LHR-MIA-SCL and back for CHF3234 (£2546) all-J (800 TP) or CHF4234 (£3333) with LHR-MIA-LHR in F (940TP). Not a huge deal for most FTers, but provides the TPs I want, and takes me nicely to Chile. (Itinerary similar to mine below).

With mixed cabins and mixed operating airlines, the finally successful booking and payment was not easy:
  1. Booking on aa.com resulted in an error message
  2. Calling AA resulted in a much higher fare (even though the agent seemed skilled)
  3. bookwithmatrix took happily my Matrix screenshot and gave the right price on aa.com. However, as soon as I wanted to pay with my Swiss credit card, aa.com switched to their Swiss site and wanted to start a booking from scratch
  4. The key towards success was bookwithmatrix, select "Book with American" and then put the booking on hold. I then called AA Switzerland to pay in CHF with my Swiss cc and got the job done! I even got the last AY/AA segment changed to a much earlier AY flight where AA has no codeshare
Have other European FTers experienced the same bookwithmatrix+AA payment problem?

A bonus question for those in the know: I now have one PNR for AA (with 8 segments) and a second one for BA+AY - with only 7 segments, the first one with AY missing! Should I not worry, or call AA? Or call BA or AY?

Last edited by timol; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by timol
A bonus question for those in the know: I now have one PNR for AA (with 8 segments) and a second one for BA+AY - with only 7 segments, the first one with AY missing! Should I not worry, or call AA? Or call BA or AY?
Did the same kind of TP run to get to Montreal, had the exact same. And even worse, importing that in my BA account showed 7 segments, different from AY. All went well though, am in Montreal. I haven't gotten back yet but I reckon it'll be alright!

Getting boarding passes and checking in online only worked partially, i.e. AA didn't work and AY only issued AY boarding passes, but the airport had no issue.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Seems to be some great TATL fares loaded from LON with long lead-in times. There are two separate but similar fares

AA SKX5C7M4 which has a 180 day advance purchase requirement
BA IKX8C1M4 which has a six month advance purchase requirement

A few prices for May next year

YTO £1425 BA

NYC £1325 AA

LAX £1707 BA

SFO £1602 BA

MIA £1662 BA

Have a play around, but seems you must travel on TUE/WED/THU outbound and MON/TUE/WED inbound based on the fare rules. BA fare stipulates direct flights only.

FROM UNITED KINGDOM -

PERMITTED 22JUN 18 THROUGH 04JUL 18 OR 31AUG 18 THROUGH

27OCT 18 OR 12DEC 18 THROUGH 23DEC 18 OR 30MAR 19

THROUGH 03JUL 19 OR 29AUG 19 THROUGH 26OCT 19 OR

13DEC 19 THROUGH 23DEC 19 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TO UNITED KINGDOM -

PERMITTED 22JUN 18 THROUGH 18JUL 18 OR 03SEP 18 THROUGH

28OCT 18 OR 01JAN 19 THROUGH 06JAN 19 OR 07APR 19

THROUGH 17JUL 19 OR 08SEP 19 THROUGH 28OCT 19 FOR EACH

TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Fare requirement says direct flights only. Book ASAP as these will be pulled quickly - interest will be high!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thebigben
Did the same kind of TP run to get to Montreal, had the exact same. And even worse, importing that in my BA account showed 7 segments, different from AY. All went well though, am in Montreal. I haven't gotten back yet but I reckon it'll be alright!

Getting boarding passes and checking in online only worked partially, i.e. AA didn't work and AY only issued AY boarding passes, but the airport had no issue.
Thank you thebigben - I can relax then
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Any suggestions for West Coast USA in mid October (this year) , ex UK or EU. Only seem to be deals in PE at the moment.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by obduro
Seems to be some great TATL fares loaded from LON with long lead-in times. There are two separate but similar fares

AA SKX5C7M4 which has a 180 day advance purchase requirement
BA IKX8C1M4 which has a six month advance purchase requirement

A few prices for May next year

YTO £1425 BA

NYC £1325 AA

LAX £1707 BA

SFO £1602 BA

MIA £1662 BA

Have a play around, but seems you must travel on TUE/WED/THU outbound and MON/TUE/WED inbound based on the fare rules. BA fare stipulates direct flights only.
Anyone have any luck getting this to price including BA1 or BA2?
I can certainly get this to include a number of non-direct options on BA (via ORD or LAX for example), but I can't get this to price on BA1 or BA2.
Always coming in around £2450. Can't see anything in the fare rules to prevent it.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by thebigben

Had this to on a JER-Portland run. BA kept saying 'No e-ticket number' but AA would issue a boarding pass fine. The opposite would happen on some sectors too. Airport had no issue given the BP's out (apart from LCY which didn't have a working printer!).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:16 pm

Would love to see how you got that. I'm still a newbie. Any GF links?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
I managed to get LHR-DOH-HKG-DOH-LGW all on QR, 3xQsuites, 1xDreamliner for 1576, which i thought was a really good price. Now looking for a quick run for a couple of days whilst in HKG! ( how did I ever get hooked on this? )
Would love to see how you got that. I'm still a newbie. Any GF links?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unfortunately the fare you reference is long gone, flash sales disappear within days if not hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.