Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by tinkicker
The DOH-HKG-DOH is an older 777 without Q suites.

Don't forget your return to LHR will be to a different terminal from your outbound!
Hi,
Thanks. This guide suggested some of the HKG flights are onQsuites ( from OCt 2018 with my travel in end Nov) but I'm not that bothered.
Qatar Airways QSuites Business Class Routes - And Where's Next... - God Save The Points

Have not flown into T4 in years. ( Would have liked to have flown out of T4 but the QR outbound flights were adding several hundred pounds to be fare). Will need to allow extra time to get back to T5.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Thanks. This guide suggested some of the HKG flights are onQsuites ( from OCt 2018 with my travel in end Nov) but I'm not that bothered.
Qatar Airways QSuites Business Class Routes - And Where's Next... - God Save The Points

Have not flown into T4 in years. ( Would have liked to have flown out of T4 but the QR outbound flights were adding several hundred pounds to be fare). Will need to allow extra time to get back to T5.

Regards

TBS
Oh hadn't seen that! I have some trips on that route this winter so that's welcome news.

I may have some experience of forgetting which terminal I'm coming back to :-) The LHR meet and great car parking service will move your car between terminals.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
First time on Qatar
Most people with taste succumb eventually.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Most people with taste succumb eventually.
Thats true. It’s sad that my experience of J on QR so far was better than F on BA yesterday. So bad that the captain asked me to email Senor Cruz as he is embarrassed by their F offering!
haroon145 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Spotted an INCSALE ARN-BKK for £1,300 via LHR.

14 day advanced purchase, Sunday night rule.

​​​​​ Book by 14th August, travel on or after 30th September and must commence before 5th December.

With dates like that, I don't get the 14 day advanced purchase, but there you go, might be of use to some / other destinations
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Temps
Spotted an INCSALE ARN-BKK for £1,300 via LHR.

14 day advanced purchase, Sunday night rule.

​​​​​ Book by 14th August, travel on or after 30th September and must commence before 5th December.

With dates like that, I don't get the 14 day advanced purchase, but there you go, might be of use to some / other destinations
Flying on BA via LHR or QR via DOH?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by flashware
BA, also noticed it from CDG for around the same price earlier.
Ericdeparis likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:39 pm

Couple of quid cheaper from GOT
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flashware
Hi,

For travel at the end of Nov it is BA via LHR ( I do not see QR at that price on expedia at least)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Santiago has had a flash fare loaded in the First cabin. £5499 for two passengers (companion fare) for travel in October to January - same set up as Cape Town offer last month. Finishes on 6th August. Normal fare over £6k for one passenger usually.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:19 pm

just had a look back at the rules for the BKK INCSALE above, and the travel after date is 30th Sept. 2017, so the fare is available from the 15th Aug at the moment given the 14 day adv. purchase
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For similar price as the other deal from AMS,you can go via HKG on way out and return BKK-LHR for about £1450 in October

Last edited by PIKnic; Aug 1, 2018 at 1:44 pm Reason: correction
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:23 pm

Hi,

Regards

TBS
Looking at booking the same route and the 815 from the beginning of November has Qsuites according to EF.

Can't seem to find much other information on this elsewhere.. Is EF the best source for this still vs the guide you've posted?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Number on rule for QR if you head over to the QR Forum

1. Do not book QR Flights expecting to fly a specific cabin layout/craft.

Ok, many routes are static and there are practically no changes. The 787 routes are fairly static for example. But some routes it really is like rolling the dice and equipment swaps can happen at any time, including at the gate. The Qsuites are very much in 'roll the dice' territory as there are not enough of them to go round and it only requires a failure elsewhere or a VIP to flex their influence and a domino effect of changes just happens.

QRcargo.com seat maps are probably the best indication of what is expected to fly from about 2 months out.

Note the most of the time QR will not proactively notify you of an equipment swap or seat change, although this does seem to be improving slightly.
wanderingjock likes this.

Last edited by plunet; Aug 2, 2018 at 12:56 am
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by abc193
Looking at booking the same route and the 815 from the beginning of November has Qsuites according to EF.

Can't seem to find much other information on this elsewhere.. Is EF the best source for this still vs the guide you've posted?
I,m going late October and I saw On EF that it is def Qsuites. There is a QR Cargo site that also shows that Qsuites become the norm from early Oct. saw it in a post on QR forum I think.

EDIT: plunet beat me to it 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.