FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Why not book a GPR for 9k Avios one way and £17.50?
You're right. I eventually managed to get to this conclusion via a refundable booking on the sleeper train and a lots of grumbling to myself. So blindingly obvious that I am quite embarrassed not to have thought of it before. I can now institute my original plan to have a couple of days north of Inverness, to visit John O'Groats, before heading off to ORD. On the way back I've now booked an RFS for the B2B to return to London.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
You're right. I eventually managed to get to this conclusion via a refundable booking on the sleeper train and a lots of grumbling to myself. So blindingly obvious that I am quite embarrassed not to have thought of it before. I can now institute my original plan to have a couple of days north of Inverness, to visit John O'Groats, before heading off to ORD. On the way back I've now booked an RFS for the B2B to return to London.
I've eventually decided to go ex-BHX on Flybe the day before. Hotels are ridiculous prices on my dates (flying out of INV late Sept) but AirBnB has some sensibly priced options.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've eventually decided to go ex-BHX on Flybe the day before. Hotels are ridiculous prices on my dates (flying out of INV late Sept) but AirBnB has some sensibly priced options.
Seems to be par for the course for INV! JER often has similar constraints too, although flights there are better priced - likely due to the frequency.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:46 am

Could also be in INV that there's a conference on at Eden Court at that time, in addition to the normal tourists. . I managed to get the Craigmonie with breakfast for £80, which was better value than Premier Inn. Although I believe the airport bus stops outside the Millburn Road Premier Inn.

The other option would be to get a mid afternoon early evening flight LON-EDI and tram/bus to Haymarket for the train. Last one is 7.40 from Haymarket. If on time you could go up to the BA1524 but that might be cutting it fine.

Personally am getting the LNER service in F which was a bargain at £26.

​​
flashware and Calchas like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Some
Some decidedly good BA J fares to the US ex-UK appearing for travel from Jan 2019 onwards. Can do ex-INV to US West Coast (SFO, SJC, SEA, YVR) for a little over £1,300. LAX slightly more, East Coast slightly less. Ex-LHR and rest of UK slightly more expensive but still great value and can also be open-jawed with an ex-INV outbound for cheapest price. Appears to require departure and return Monday-Wednesday.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:28 am

For those who've missed: BA is offering a LHR-CPT F companion fare Jan-Mar 2019. Around £4100 total for a pair of tickets in First (£2050pp or thereabouts). Indirect via JNB possible for a little more. Must be a 7 night stay.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../dream-tickets
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
For those who've missed: BA is offering a LHR-CPT F companion fare Jan-Mar 2019. Around £4100 total for a pair of tickets in First (£2050pp or thereabouts). Indirect via JNB possible for a little more. Must be a 7 night stay.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../dream-tickets
If only it were available for a decent length stay I would book this. I am looking at AMS-JNB for around £1600 in Biz, this would have been a mega deal. But, 7 days - no thanks - I need at least 10 days, preferably 2 weeks.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by londonsean69
If only it were available for a decent length stay I would book this. I am looking at AMS-JNB for around £1600 in Biz, this would have been a mega deal. But, 7 days - no thanks - I need at least 10 days, preferably 2 weeks.
… at least seven nights. It's a cracking deal. Can get £4,076 inc one night car... which you could abandon and pay a £450 deposit
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:12 am

it's a minimum 7 days!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Some decidedly good BA J fares to the US ex-UK appearing for travel from Jan 2019 onwards. Can do ex-INV to US West Coast (SFO, SJC, SEA, YVR) for a little over £1,300. LAX slightly more, East Coast slightly less. Ex-LHR and rest of UK slightly more expensive but still great value and can also be open-jawed with an ex-INV outbound for cheapest price. Appears to require departure and return Monday-Wednesday.
Can route via JFK for a few more TP, but I can't seem to get other destinations to work despite the fare allowing them...I'm sure the brain trust on the TP run thread can do better than me though!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Thanks for this. Just got SFO for £1408 next May. JFK out, and PHL back. All the SFO to JFK for the return seemed to have disappeared around my dates, economy only, via LAX and the price went crazy. SFO to PHL and PHL to LHR on AA A330, not sure if that's good or bad. The AA flights to/from Manchester and Philadelphia I did twice last year on the A330 and thought it was really good.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking for LHR-SYD or MEL in F Feb 2019. Was waiting for sale but BA currently pricing at c£5.4k which seems a good deal, can anyone confirm that? I think usual pricing is £6k+ but not certain on that so unsure whether I should still hang on for a sale.
siamcookies likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by cosmo74
it's a minimum 7 days!
I must be doing something wrong, as whenever I tried anything other than 7 days it was £4k+ per person.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:18 pm

I must be doing something wrong, as whenever I tried anything other than 7 days it was £4k+ per person.
My mistake - I was plugging the number in to the low fare finder, it works on the booking page. Now, to sell it to the wife
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:55 am

I had the same issue...! Well, longer equals better for those who can find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.