Search
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by flashware
For all those going ex-INV, how are you getting there? Every time I've looked at positioning flights they've been quite expensive. For my trip next year I ended up settling on Avios to get up there..... Is LON-EDI plus train another option, albeit much more time consuming for possibly not much more saving?
Yeah the flight I need to B2B from LHR is about £275 one way so I'll either do a GPR for double Avios or book a Flybe flight from BHX the night before for £90.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:32 am

So INV is not always such a great saving - only is if you can use RFS from LON ^
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
So INV is not always such a great saving - only is if you can use RFS from LON ^
Same situation for OTP unless you’re willing to do WOW or Ryanair.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by absoluy

Same situation for OTP unless you’re willing to do WOW or Ryanair.
Yep, plus I don't really consider a ~3 hour flight to be easy positioning
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Yep, plus I don't really consider a ~3 hour flight to be easy positioning
You have obviously never done an exCAI then

BlueAir is direct from GLA to EDI for future reference for OTP if anyone is in Scotland
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
You have obviously never done an exCAI then

BlueAir is direct from GLA to EDI for future reference for OTP if anyone is in Scotland
No and don't have any plans to! As I work in consulting, I place a value on my time and it just doesn't really stack up for me. I'll only go so far for a good deal....
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Maybe known already, but still worth mentioning IMO:

Finnair has good fares from Spain (MAD, AGP) and Budapest to Delhi.

AGP-HEL-DEL return can be had for about 1500€ / 560TP.

You can also book a return to LHR instead of AGP (AGP-HEL-DEL-HEL-LHR) for the same price and 500TPs.

Beware that MAD-HEL only yields 40TP should you wish to start in MAD.

Budapest obviously is less TPs (360TP return).
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I’m currently feeling a bit underwhelmed by the whole INV thing. I’ve got INV-ORD booked for Sept right at the start of my membership year. I’d been a bit lax about getting the positioning flights sorted out and only looked earlier today (despite booking the main ticket back in January).

I was planning to stay a couple of days before leaving for ORD but the RFS availability is poor in the preceding days which are right at the end of my current year. And the hotels are really expensive by my standards though admittedly these are low. There seems to be some music thing on but perhaps they are always dear. Maybe I should just brave the whole B2B thing as my bags to check will be waiting for me in London.

My current plan is to get an INV-LHR-INV ticket to get back home and then use it for a trip to Scotland next year. Looks like that will be at least £300 for the dates in question for 2 x 40 TP. I’d rather pay the extra to get to OTP for 2 x 80TP and much more reasonably priced hotels.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
I’m currently feeling a bit underwhelmed by the whole INV thing. I’ve got INV-ORD booked for Sept right at the start of my membership year. I’d been a bit lax about getting the positioning flights sorted out and only looked earlier today (despite booking the main ticket back in January).

I was planning to stay a couple of days before leaving for ORD but the RFS availability is poor in the preceding days which are right at the end of my current year. And the hotels are really expensive by my standards though admittedly these are low. There seems to be some music thing on but perhaps they are always dear. Maybe I should just brave the whole B2B thing as my bags to check will be waiting for me in London.

My current plan is to get an INV-LHR-INV ticket to get back home and then use it for a trip to Scotland next year. Looks like that will be at least £300 for the dates in question for 2 x 40 TP. I’d rather pay the extra to get to OTP for 2 x 80TP and much more reasonably priced hotels.
Why not book a GPR for 9k Avios one way and £17.50?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Why not book a GPR for 9k Avios one way and £17.50?

This I would say that the point of a positioning flight is to keep the trip low cost, I would just fly in Y
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
This I would say that the point of a positioning flight is to keep the trip low cost, I would just fly in Y
Yeah that's the point. The Y fares up to INV on a lot of dates for B2B or positioning are £250+ one way in Y.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yeah that's the point. The Y fares up to INV on a lot of dates for B2B or positioning are £250+ one way in Y.
Agreed , I quoted the wrong post
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:22 am

Nut sure if this has been posted but post December good availability from London from £1,450 to the west coast. On an iPad so matrix no good but imagine you can route for 560tp via NYC both ways. GF gives via NYC on way there.

https://goo.gl/flights/6Xukq
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:25 am

LATAM has a European sale, to GRU from £1494, from LHR, other destinations available (eg LIM, from £1550 via GRU). Should be able to route via MAD/BCN for no additional cost for an extra 40TP. Book by July 4; outbound needs to be done by 31 August (departure from August) but 1 year return window. Availability seems somewhat limited.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
There is a pretty insane unrestricted F fare between Islamabad and Honolulu, one-way can be had for ~2400 GBP with 930 TPs. QR F, BA/AA TATL F and AA F transcon are the highlights ;-) More details in Premium Fares: QR/AA $2500 F ISB - HNL o/w

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.