Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by PIKnic
This looks interesting for me, do you have applicable dates ? I have managed to get it into 1st week in October with a week stopover in TYO

Thanks
I booked in September and November - so I think it is a fairly standard fare.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Booked exactly that, confirmed this morning.

Even if we dump the last leg still 26k Avios & 420TPs for £1400 including an extended stopover in SIN.

Excellent saving in the £3500+ direct Club fares from LHR over Christmas

Thank you!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Cymro
Do the AMS-LHR the night before, and either route BKK-HKG overnight, then LHR-AMS on the evening back-to-back, or BKK-LHR-AMS during the day with a night in AMS, and it's easy. Certainly, it's more jetlag friendly than QR in my experience.

I also like routing through HKG as you get into BKK in the evening so you have a very short, well rested day even if you hit the nightlife when you land.
So I have booked this today, thank you.

Possibly a silly question...
The final leg leg is from Gatwick, I presume they will give me my bags back for my cross London trip? I wouldn’t want to miss the connection and the bags go to AMS.

Last edited by Will100; Jun 2, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Willphipps

So I have booked this today, thank you.

Possibly a silly question...
The final leg leg is from Gatwick, I presume they will give me my bags back for my cross London trip? I wouldn’t want to miss the collection and the bags go to AMS.
Hi,

Yes , you will need to collect them at LHR and take them to LGW .
Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Help finding cheapest fare: LAX and PHX in April/May 2019

Hi all,

first: please move if wrong thread and apologies for the inconvenience.

In a nutshell we are looking for an amazing fare in J or F to Lax and PHX next year in April or May where we ideally do not take more than five days of holiday (maybe including one of the bank holiday days next year in May, may be an option? But price is probably likely to be better in April?!)

We have friends in LA we want to visit for 2-3 nights but also want to explore PHX for 2-3 days as my partner used to live there many years ago.

So I am coming to the community to find an amazing deal for two in J or F beyween April
and May next year.

While i am aware that PHX is cheap as an Ex-EU (preference would be DUS, but am aware might have to be Bucharest), I just don’t know how to use any of the tools that give me the best/cheapest options.

We are happy to make this a mini TP run if it does get the price down (e.g. stop on the east coast on the way to LAX and PHX) but we would not want to spend much time on the ground in the EC.

We are very flexible in actual dates across April and May but as I mentioned above would not want to take more than five, max six days of holiday for this trip while ideally including two weekends.

Apologies for not being able to search these things myself, and thank you so much in advance for your help.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Hi All,
Just looking for inspiration. Don't mind where I go but would like to go in F or J, preferably flying towards the states at some point in the next two months for a few days. Don't mind multiple connections either. Has anyone seen anything thats a good deal, don't even mind just doing a day somewhere. I've fortunately got loads of holidays to burn and not much planned.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hi mcgol & LHR FLYER my suggestion would be go over to the Tier Point thread which has been very active past few days. You won't have to scroll back far to see the currents runs available - and also I think within the posts over the last week of May there were screen shots of how you enter the details into ITA Matrix to generate the runs you are looking for. Very helpful.
mcgol likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by all ahead full
best I could manage last month was £1,300 starting in Milan, back to LHR, and then onto DXB
Best to book 2 months out if you can, but the £1135 fare is still there and wide open.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by mcgol
Hi all,

first: please move if wrong thread and apologies for the inconvenience.

In a nutshell we are looking for an amazing fare in J or F to Lax and PHX next year in April or May where we ideally do not take more than five days of holiday (maybe including one of the bank holiday days next year in May, may be an option? But price is probably likely to be better in April?!)

We have friends in LA we want to visit for 2-3 nights but also want to explore PHX for 2-3 days as my partner used to live there many years ago.

So I am coming to the community to find an amazing deal for two in J or F beyween April
and May next year.

While i am aware that PHX is cheap as an Ex-EU (preference would be DUS, but am aware might have to be Bucharest), I just don’t know how to use any of the tools that give me the best/cheapest options.

We are happy to make this a mini TP run if it does get the price down (e.g. stop on the east coast on the way to LAX and PHX) but we would not want to spend much time on the ground in the EC.

We are very flexible in actual dates across April and May but as I mentioned above would not want to take more than five, max six days of holiday for this trip while ideally including two weekends.

Apologies for not being able to search these things myself, and thank you so much in advance for your help.
Leaving on 19/4 (Good Friday) and returning on the 29/4 would use 5 days holiday (due to the two bank holidays and two weekends). Can be done direct BUD-LHR-LAX for £2k per person in J.

If you're not set on Oneworld, then VS will fly you HEL-LHR-SFO on those same dates for £1850ish in Upper Class, and LX will do OSL-ZRH-LAX for a similar price in J.
mcgol likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Leaving on 19/4 (Good Friday) and returning on the 29/4 would use 5 days holiday (due to the two bank holidays and two weekends). Can be done direct BUD-LHR-LAX for £2k per person in J.

If you're not set on Oneworld, then VS will fly you HEL-LHR-SFO on those same dates for £1850ish in Upper Class, and LX will do OSL-ZRH-LAX for a similar price in J.
800TP, within date range:

Alternatively ditch the JFK stop, can select LHR-LAX on the 787 out, A380 back, adding to overall comfort, but dropping to 520TP instead. Same price though.
EDIT: thinking about dates, it probably makes more sense to depart Thur March 28th, or Fri March 29th, giving you two weekends to play with. The Sat/Sun at home upon return may be useful to get back into normal shape...
seanp7 and sunshinebob like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Alternatively ditch the JFK stop, can select LHR-LAX on the 787 out, A380 back, adding to overall comfort, but dropping to 520TP instead. Same price though.
EDIT: thinking about dates, it probably makes more sense to depart Thur March 28th, or Fri March 29th, giving you two weekends to play with. The Sat/Sun at home upon return may be useful to get back into normal shape...
It's hard to argue with with this sort of pricing IMO, keep in mind you can streamline this as much as you desire if objective is to fly comfortably rather than maximising TPs. You can do OTP-LHR-PHX return, OTP-LHR-JFK-PHX etc etc. Thus avoiding the faff of LAX-PHX-LAX-PHX-LAX On the return an internal stopover allows connection into the early OTP flight and the back-to-back on the day, for which the PHX flight is too late I think; a connection there is probably a good idea regardless, even as pointed out above in LAX. There are many options. A proper stopover in LAX on the one ticket makes the price jump to some of the fares indicated below (1800/1900) so not worth it for me, but if you really wanted to streamline your flying that would be an option too.

Have fun.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
800TP, within date range:

this is a great price. Do you know it this would also work by swapping PHX for LAS?

also what dates would this work for
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by kingcole974

this is a great price. Do you know it this would also work by swapping PHX for LAS?

also what dates would this work for
At the moment, no, LAS wouldn't work at this price.

Slap this into ITA exactly, then start tinkering with modify search and different dates, routings, start points, etc, and see where you get...

Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
General tip on US-bound premium flights. Try tagging on LGW-ALG to the end of your itineraries. The visa situation might make it tricky to do a back-to-back, but it might be convenient for those on inbound LHR flights looking to save a few bob..
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
General tip on US-bound premium flights. Try tagging on LGW-ALG to the end of your itineraries. The visa situation might make it tricky to do a back-to-back, but it might be convenient for those on inbound LHR flights looking to save a few bob..
If you didn't have a visa and planned to drop the last leg would you have problems getting BPs for the return from USA back as far as London or Madrid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.