FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:33 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by mcgol
Hi all,

first: please move if wrong thread and apologies for the inconvenience.

In a nutshell we are looking for an amazing fare in J or F to Lax and PHX next year in April or May where we ideally do not take more than five days of holiday (maybe including one of the bank holiday days next year in May, may be an option? But price is probably likely to be better in April?!)

We have friends in LA we want to visit for 2-3 nights but also want to explore PHX for 2-3 days as my partner used to live there many years ago.

So I am coming to the community to find an amazing deal for two in J or F beyween April
and May next year.

While i am aware that PHX is cheap as an Ex-EU (preference would be DUS, but am aware might have to be Bucharest), I just don’t know how to use any of the tools that give me the best/cheapest options.

We are happy to make this a mini TP run if it does get the price down (e.g. stop on the east coast on the way to LAX and PHX) but we would not want to spend much time on the ground in the EC.

We are very flexible in actual dates across April and May but as I mentioned above would not want to take more than five, max six days of holiday for this trip while ideally including two weekends.

Apologies for not being able to search these things myself, and thank you so much in advance for your help.
Leaving on 19/4 (Good Friday) and returning on the 29/4 would use 5 days holiday (due to the two bank holidays and two weekends). Can be done direct BUD-LHR-LAX for £2k per person in J.

If you're not set on Oneworld, then VS will fly you HEL-LHR-SFO on those same dates for £1850ish in Upper Class, and LX will do OSL-ZRH-LAX for a similar price in J.