Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know what other destinations are covered by the OSL J and F fares apart from ORD, MIA and LAX?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by ringingup
Does anyone know what other destinations are covered by the OSL J and F fares apart from ORD, MIA and LAX?
How much F to LAX?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How much F to LAX?
Seeing £1,790 return on OSL>LHR>LAX>LHR>ARN over the 2nd May Bank Holiday (Memorial weekend) or £1,900 via LHR and JFK in A class on the transatlantic and transcontinental sectors.
Must be ticketed before 4th Feb and valid for travel until 31st Aug 2018, so more flexible with dates vs. OTP>PHX fare.

Pilot37
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I am seeing c. 2000 GBP Fares ex OSL to PHX/ LAS/SAN in April ( not quite as good as to LAX but still very very good for F on the long hauls from LHR

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 27, 2018 at 3:56 am
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:53 am

I live close to OSL and have received a generous severance package from my former employer and a suddenly have the time to fly. California or Las Vegas is perfect as I have plenty of friends around there. I have been looking at
OSL-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX return in F apr13-apr27 for £2066. This gives 40+210+210+40 x 2 = 1000tps.
I think that sounds like a good deal. Does the routing and price sound OK or should i consider other options?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by NordicMaster
I live close to OSL and have received a generous severance package from my former employer and a suddenly have the time to fly. California or Las Vegas is perfect as I have plenty of friends around there. I have been looking at
OSL-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX return in F apr13-apr27 for £2066. This gives 40+210+210+40 x 2 = 1000tps.
I think that sounds like a good deal. Does the routing and price sound OK or should i consider other options?
WT+ deals out of OSL to the US are excellent. Could you do that and UuA/GUF/AUP?
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
WT+ deals out of OSL to the US are excellent. Could you do that and UuA/GUF/AUP?
Good idea, but I need the TPs ;-)
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Pilot37
OSL>LHR>MIA>LHR>ARN available for £1,280 in J and can be booked into F on the transatlantic sectors for £1,600.
Very good fare for a short weekend in MIA ^
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
INV>LHR>ORD>LHR>DUB is available for under £1250 in J during March. I haven’t looked at any other dates as my dates for travel are fairly fixed.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
INV>LHR>ORD>LHR>DUB is available for under £1250 in J during March. I haven’t looked at any other dates as my dates for travel are fairly fixed.
There are some fairly long running cheap exINV J fares to a few places in the US. I think ORD is the cheapest at around £1270, then there is NYC for £1385, PHL for £1280, BOS for £1337. I think F may be around £250 extra each way.

EDIT: just to add the fare doesn't seem to be travel date restricted and the minimum stay is a saturday night.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
I am seeing LUX-ICN on BA (via LHR) from around EUR 1530, with the possibility to return to FRA. It appears to be an advanced purchase sale so it may have been reported already.

Not sure if it would be possible to build a stopover in e.g. HKG for a few days so I could get to spend a few days in both Seoul and Hong Kong? Also, for a bit more seems you can fly JAL on one of the legs at least but I am sure you guys can find even better routings

Example:

Thanks. Apologies for the formatting issue, copy paste did not work as intended . Attached a "clean" screenshot, should it help anyone

[Mod note: original non-working link attempt removed and posts merged to help readability and sense]

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 30, 2018 at 6:38 am Reason: Remove non-working image link, merge correct next post for readability
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:50 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
JFSV,

Routing allowed as follows

1 * LUX-LON-BA-SEL
2 * LUX-LON-BA-TYO-BA/KE/OZ/JL-SEL

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 30, 2018 at 6:37 am Reason: Remove non-working link for readability
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JFSV
Thanks. Apologies for the formatting issue, copy paste did not work as intended . Attached a "clean" screenshot, should it help anyone
Great fare, just to note that a Korean Air flight from NRT-ICN wouldn't earn any TPs or avios. I assume you can fly with JL as well so that may be a better option if you want some points.

Also if stopping off in Tokyo before heading to Seoul I would recommend the HND-GMP JL flights which would be far more convenient for both cities than NRT/ICN.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
The "tricks" I've learned - booking premium flights under the current sale

I thought I would share a few significant things I've noticed during December-January, booking ex-US to London and vice versa (In case anyone has not yet booked anything!):
(1) The "sale" is still going on, although I notice that LHR-originated flights to the US have been slowly increasing in price in recent days. Example: a Springtime return flight LHR-SFO-LHR in CW that I booked several weeks ago has gone from about £2350 to just over £3000 today. Still a good price IMHO, and a lot lower then "normal"
(2) Someone wanting to book far in advance to take advantage of the good prices should note that flights in CW are typically Not refundable, however for a few hundred more in each direction, one can book in F and the flights become refundable (200 fee in each direction, not bad). So if you're "pretty sure" about your dates, but not 100%, consider booking in F
(3) Flights from the USA to London have fallen somewhat from their price at the beginning of January - about $3800 return SFO-LHR in CW is what I got a few weeks ago. And they seem to be refundable (for a fee), unlike the LHR-originated flights.
(4) If CW is too expensive, consider booking in WT+ and hope for a pro-active upgrade. I have gotten 3 in the last month for future flights - all of which I've taken. About US$600 per direction - this is a excellent discount over buying CW up front!
ubiest likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
RJ having a flash sale, up to 50% off for travel between 14FEB-25MAR, book by midnight (Amman time!)

https://rj.com/

As usual, their website is proving tricky but good luck if you can find something to suit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.