FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhbloke
RJ having a flash sale, up to 50% off for travel between 14FEB-25MAR, book by midnight (Amman time!)

https://rj.com/

As usual, their website is proving tricky but good luck if you can find something to suit.
Jokers in the RJ team clearly. 'Leicester, Train Station, UK' is an origination point for flights for them. Check out the dropdown 'from' point in their website!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by bhbloke
RJ having a flash sale, up to 50% off for travel between 14FEB-25MAR, book by midnight (Amman time!)

https://rj.com/

As usual, their website is proving tricky but good luck if you can find something to suit.
Good god, that site! I've just been shunted to the mobile version! Any idea what a "normal" fare might be?

I'm seeing ~£1,700ish for BKK and HKG - not bad, could be 50% off but also could just be regular fare! The calendar view isn't being much help, but I'm seeing similar prices outside the travel window... Also makes it hard to check whether matrix is picking up whatever discounts there might be.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:47 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Anything to the west coast of America for the summer (end of June ish) in J/F? Preferably Vegas, but wouldn't mind LA etc given the modern aircraft.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Paul Coles
Anything to the west coast of America for the summer (end of June ish) in J/F? Preferably Vegas, but wouldn't mind LA etc given the modern aircraft.

Thanks
Best deals are in WTP at the moment - maybe check our UuA chances?

ex BLL/OSL/CPH are good ones to start

Of course there is still OTP-PHX on select dates....
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:57 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by teledude
Best deals are in WTP at the moment - maybe check our UuA chances?

ex BLL/OSL/CPH are good ones to start

Of course there is still OTP-PHX on select dates....
Thanks

Is this route something which is likely worth waiting for a sale for? I'm in no rush and quite flexible on dates.

ExEU is still a pain, not sure I could be bothered for a WT+ fare. Would rather go £375 rtn from Dublin in Y and slum it than that I think.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
Good god, that site! I've just been shunted to the mobile version! Any idea what a "normal" fare might be?

I'm seeing ~£1,700ish for BKK and HKG - not bad, could be 50% off but also could just be regular fare! The calendar view isn't being much help, but I'm seeing similar prices outside the travel window... Also makes it hard to check whether matrix is picking up whatever discounts there might be.
I paid 900ish a few months back in their birthday sale to KL (same price to BKK) so they are probably closer to the normal fares?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by benjones250
Anyone seen decent fares to NZ recently?

I received an email from Qatar advertising discounted fares to Australia (and I think NZ), but can’t see anything cheap on Matrix. I’m looking to fly from Europe to NZ on the 25th March this year in J (one way) I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but best I can see is £1550ish from Oslo, but have become accustom to much cheaper fares from QR!
I booked Stockholm-Doha-Melbourne-Cairns then Sydney-Doha-Sotckholm for £1620 on Expedia a couple of weeks ago for this November. Planning to do Port Douglas to Sydney by car (20 days). Ironically, I couldnt find the same fare on neither Google nor Matrix nor Qatar website's. 787-380-737-777-787

ML
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IC Platinum Ambassador
Last night I managed to book AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS for less than 1400 Euros on BA and CX in business. Needed long-haul flights to get me to Asia, for a surprise visit to my mom and brother who will be in Bali. In between BKK and SIN I will fly to Bali and back on MH. At first couldn't get it to work with ITA Powertools, neither on AA or BA. Eventually resorted to BookwithMatrix and it went through there.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IC Platinum Ambassador
For those based in BE or NL, RTM-LCY-LHR-BKK-HKG / HKG-LHR-LCY-RTM can be found for just over € 1500 in the next couple of months. Long-haul flights are on BA, BKK-HKG segment is on CX. SIN is also possible and you can then have the BKK-SIN segment on the CX A350. Only downside might be the transfer from LCY to LHR and vice versa.
https://goo.gl/flights/d8k2z
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Animine
For those based in BE or NL, RTM-LCY-LHR-BKK-HKG / HKG-LHR-LCY-RTM can be found for just over € 1500 in the next couple of months. Long-haul flights are on BA, BKK-HKG segment is on CX. SIN is also possible and you can then have the BKK-SIN segment on the CX A350. Only downside might be the transfer from LCY to LHR and vice versa.
The AMS-BKK fare (HKG/SIN stops possible) beats this on price.

What are the fare rules? Perhaps they're more favourable than AMS-BKK.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Animine
Originally Posted by Virazuno
The AMS-BKK fare (HKG/SIN stops possible) beats this on price.

What are the fare rules? Perhaps they're more favourable than AMS-BKK.
It's the same fare @Virazuno (RTM-BKK)=(AMS-BKK), price difference is due to stopover in HKG which costs Euro 100 if I recall correctly.
Animine likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
It's the same fare @Virazuno (RTM-BKK)=(AMS-BKK), price difference is due to stopover in HKG which costs Euro 100 if I recall correctly.
Outbound you can get 4pm-2pm in Singapore for a quick explore at no extra charge.

​​​I've done that and then paid the extra £100 through HKG on the way back.

Was £1335. Threw in a GUF too. Without the stopover it'd be around £1230.
​​​
Animine likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Outbound you can get 4pm-2pm in Singapore for a quick explore at no extra charge.

​​​
In fact that is the only possibility if you want to go via SIN, as there is only once daily SIN-BKK! It's nice the first time, but when you do this fare 2x a month it gets annoying!!!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Animine likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
You can actually do most German cities to major US hubs right now for sub £1000 in J when booking on an OTA like expedia and including at least 1 night hotel. I got a MUC-HEL-JFK-LHR-MUC in J on AY, AA and BA for €980 including a hostel I will never go anywhere near.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.