Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
You can actually do most German cities to major US hubs right now for sub £1000 in J when booking on an OTA like expedia and including at least 1 night hotel. I got a MUC-HEL-JFK-LHR-MUC in J on AY, AA and BA for €980 including a hostel I will never go anywhere near.
You need to stay in the hostel otherwise your return flights are cancelled
florens and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:08 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You can actually do most German cities to major US hubs right now for sub £1000 in J when booking on an OTA like expedia and including at least 1 night hotel. I got a MUC-HEL-JFK-LHR-MUC in J on AY, AA and BA for €980 including a hostel I will never go anywhere near.
Do you have to use Expedia Germany?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
Do you have to use Expedia Germany?
No, you can use any OTA based anywhere or BA/AA direct for this fare. However it does seem DE based OTAs are offering a slightly lower price and especially if booked in combination with accommodation (which you don't have to use as noted by Tafflyer).
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:14 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I tried pricing on Expedia Germany combining with a hotel (hostel), and the headline price came up at EUR 1078 - but once I go through to the actual booking page, the price has risen to EUR 4557??

This was for MUC-JFK return on 16 August, returning 21 August.

Edit: hmmm seems it was a glitch. Now working okay.

Last edited by sxc; Feb 6, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
I tried pricing on Expedia Germany combining with a hotel (hostel), and the headline price came up at EUR 1078 - but once I go through to the actual booking page, the price has risen to EUR 4557??

These prices are the best I’ve seen for a while so I wouldn’t hesitate for long before booking. I have even booked one to ORD where I will use the hotel, since you can also combine it with a hotel stay shorter than the whole period between the flights.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
A word of warning the cheap Expedia fares are probably consolidator fares and ineligible for any guf or avios upgrade to F
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
A word of warning the cheap Expedia fares are probably consolidator fares and ineligible for any guf or avios upgrade to F
I have not tried it yet, but mine has booked into I class for the long haul sectors and J for the feeder to/from LHR. And frankly, at these prices I would not be complaining too much if my 744 and 380 sectors in CW cannot be upgraded to F.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

I have not tried it yet, but mine has booked into I class for the long haul sectors and J for the feeder to/from LHR. And frankly, at these prices I would not be complaining too much if my 744 and 380 sectors in CW cannot be upgraded to F.
Sorry for misunderstanding, of course it's I class, I didn't mean to question booking class, but rather the type of fare used.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sxc

I also get a considerable price hike once at the payment page (from EUR 1500 pp to EUR 9000). Did you get this fixed by changing dates or refreshing the search?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JFSV
I also get a considerable price hike once at the payment page (from EUR 1500 pp to EUR 9000). Did you get this fixed by changing dates or refreshing the search?
I got this consistently when trying MIA and a hotel for one night, but it worked fine for NYC and LAS - which incidentally at £1,250 is outstanding I think for seven day return and two nights in the Venetian (weekend too)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by florens
Link says "Page Not Found" !!!

Edit .. Now it works .. must have been a glitch
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:03 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JFSV
I think I chose a different hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:15 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

If you book on Expedia it looks like you can’t return to a different city as well as book a hotel? Is that right?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA
Faresto west coast

I am looking to fly to the west coast in October, preferably to las vegas. These fares from german cities price at £1500 which is the lowest I have seen from an eu departure.
Anyone have any other ideas. I have tried the usual cities like dub, sto, osl
Also I have tried to get las vegas in august plus hptel but cannot get anything like the £1250 reported above. How did you do that?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by florens
Want want want for a June trip...

...cannae find at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.