Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
BA current newsflash here / London Cancellation list for Tuesday here
Rebooking policy for operating flights on Monday and Tuesday here / EC261 main thread here
ba.com/helpme one stop shop on BA.com giving lots of advice and pointers to where to claim expenses.
For EC261, delay/cancellation compensation is not payable for this event but BA is still liable for the Regulation's “Right to care” provisions. Refreshments can be claimed after 2 hours of delay departing (3 hours for flights longer than LHR-Rome, 4 hours for longhaul), £200 guideline for hotels - OK to book your own and charge back. £50 guideline for taxis. Meals, drinks and communication costs are also covered. Keep / photo receipts. If on a Buy on Board aircraft, use Avios to buy items - it will be faster to refund. For missing baggage, it's OK to claim essential items, such as clothing, toiletries. Keep / photo the receipts.
Print Wikipost

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Any problems incoming to LGW? Due back in there early afternoon
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by florens
It looks like GVA is closed at the moment due to snow.
Hope it clears up as I'm on the GVA - LCY flight tonight. It's currently snowing heavily in Lausanne.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Hope it clears up as I'm on the GVA - LCY flight tonight. It's currently snowing heavily in Lausanne.
Planes are landing now. So fingers crossed!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Doesn't look too bad, I don't think LGW itself is suffering problems. There are the 3 cancellations for AMS and GVA already noted, and the other GVA and AMS services will doubtless be delayed, but otherwise as many flights are arriving early as the number delayed.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:38 am

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Gatwick seems to be fine, in fact they seem to be taking a fair few diversions from Luton right now.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Thanks, at MLA and seeing a few delays and cancellations north of the m25 on the board, so good luck to anyone travelling.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
In the lounge at AMS. Just announced new boarding time of 11:30 for the 429. The BA iPhone app actually has arrival of 13:51 into LHR.

Im happy I’m at AMS anyway should my connection be at risk
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some domestic cancellations (BA1448/9, LHR-EDI-LHR, BA1394/5 LHR-MAN-LHR, BA1342/3 LHR-LBA-LHR but that's ok since KARFA is in Brazil).
I realise that was a joke but other people were presumably booked on that flight! I’m on the BA1345 today (having taken the BA1342 yesterday) which is hanging on to the schedule currently and oddly not that busy at the moment (should presumably change shortly if they’re moving part of the earlier flight onto it).
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by manymany
In the lounge at AMS. Just announced new boarding time of 11:30 for the 429. The BA iPhone app actually has arrival of 13:51 into LHR.

Im happy I’m at AMS anyway should my connection be at risk
Fortunately, even if you do misconnect, there are ample other Asia routes this evening - later than the BKK flight.

HKG, SIN, KUL services are usually pretty consistent at departing in the snow, and CX/MH will make reaching BKK pretty easy. Plus, it isn't too challenging for BA to ticket, due to the Oneworld links.

Good luck!

M
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Fortunately, even if you do misconnect, there are ample other Asia routes this evening - later than the BKK flight.

HKG, SIN, KUL services are usually pretty consistent at departing in the snow, and CX/MH will make reaching BKK pretty easy. Plus, it isn't too challenging for BA to ticket, due to the Oneworld links.

Good luck!

M
Exactly!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by manymany

Exactly!
It might be worth your while, if you've got time, to look into the alternatives and their flight numbers - if only to save time when you get to LHR.

Obviously it could all be irrelevant, but better to be prepared.

M
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
LHR-LUX BA0418 15:20
Just my luck showing a delay until 18:15pm...My tiny hotel in Diekirch has a check in closure of 8pm....guess Ill have to keep them up late...
Edit
Getting better latest update 17:55, changing quite often now.

Last edited by Engineering Travel; Dec 10, 2017 at 3:33 am Reason: More info
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The LGW - GVA flight is cancelled (BA2744/5) and 2.5 hour delays showing on some of the later services - this may change as the day progresses.

In fact I'm seeing a lot of delays creeping into the schedule today (e.g. DUS, 1 to 2 hour, NCL).

Some domestic cancellations (BA1448/9, LHR-EDI-LHR, BA1394/5 LHR-MAN-LHR, BA1342/3 LHR-LBA-LHR but that's ok since KARFA is in Brazil). Also MRS, MUC, VIE have cancellations and I see quite a lot of red in the 11:00 to 13:00 hrs area, which suggest aircraft are getting delayed returning from the mainland.

LGW running OK on the whole,
I timed this trip well! Just arrived in GRU. Originally before work called I was going to AMS this weekend so I would have been caught up in it all.

I suspect for those unfortunately on BA1342/3 it will be a case of rebooking on to the later BA1344/5, or rebooked on to a MAN flight if there is space, or make your own way on the train.

Sorry for those caught up generally in all this. I have been caught up in problems before so I don't feel too guilty missing it this time, but I hope everyone gets to where they want to go without too much delay.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I’m at LHR now and somewhat surprised and relieved to see SZG flight back as on time. Previously it was showing as delayed by an hour and I was fearing the worst.
Good luck to all those traveling today. As cws mentioned, there’s a fair bit of red on the board - though it doesn’t appear to be getting worse.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sitting on BA982 (LHR-TXL) at the moment, waiting to be de-iced. Scheduled departure time was 0955, unlikely to reach the front of the de-icing queue until at least 1135.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.