Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
BA current newsflash here / London Cancellation list for Tuesday here
Rebooking policy for operating flights on Monday and Tuesday here / EC261 main thread here
ba.com/helpme one stop shop on BA.com giving lots of advice and pointers to where to claim expenses.
For EC261, delay/cancellation compensation is not payable for this event but BA is still liable for the Regulation's “Right to care” provisions. Refreshments can be claimed after 2 hours of delay departing (3 hours for flights longer than LHR-Rome, 4 hours for longhaul), £200 guideline for hotels - OK to book your own and charge back. £50 guideline for taxis. Meals, drinks and communication costs are also covered. Keep / photo receipts. If on a Buy on Board aircraft, use Avios to buy items - it will be faster to refund. For missing baggage, it's OK to claim essential items, such as clothing, toiletries. Keep / photo the receipts.
Print Wikipost

Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:36 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think it's been confirmed before that conformance for a departing flight can be a moveable feast if the flight is delayed. At the moment, BA9 does not even have an ETD showing in EF, so the OP may yet make it.
Thanks for clarifying.

Hopefully the OP makes his original flight, but if it become a moving delay, I'd personally try and push for a re-route.

M
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
KLM having a nightmare at AMS... Some LH diversions ongoing....
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LCY-AMS-LCY now also cancelled BA8456, the only LCY cancellation so far. And BA441, another AMS-LHR, BA441 a service due out at 19:35 has a 5 hour delay on it....

This is definitely going to impact tomorrow even if everything melts right now. I see some cancellations for Monday are coming online.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC
BA783

On the last flight BA flight out of Arlanda this evening. Which currently showing 3 and hour delay and not landing until gone 1am.

Havent been able to check in online because my passport needs to be checked at the airport. Am I right in thinking I still need to get there for the original flight time 8.15pm in order to properly check in?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
On the last flight BA flight out of Arlanda this evening. Which currently showing 3 and hour delay and not landing until gone 1am.

Havent been able to check in online because my passport needs to be checked at the airport. Am I right in thinking I still need to get there for the original flight time 8.15pm in order to properly check in?
If you don't have a boarding pass, you best go to ARN as per the original schedule, unfortunately, it's possible they will lock down check-in at the usual time, just in case they can get away sooner (and various other reasons). Try BA.com too, sometimes a check-in can take place there if the App doesn't work. If you are HBO and checked in with a boarding pass then the actual passport check can take place at the departure gate and you could go a bit later if you were ok with a bit of risk attached.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by MrPrice16

Hi,

Unless you have been advised that check in will be open later you will need to be checked in by the original cut off deadline.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just landed on BA89 after a wild bouncy ride over from YVR. No stands so we are sitting and waiting, it’s clearly a mess here in LHR. Thankfully I am comfortable in F. Connection to Brussels shows something like 20:00 now, so no rush. My initial trip departure was delayed yesterday and I was rerouted after bad fog in the PacNW, this is turning into an epic journey for two days in Brussels.
Co-Pilot just came on and said “it could be a couple of hours before we get a stand”.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Some
BA1375 and BA1399 also just cancelled I see. BA1405 (the last MAN flight of the day) still just showing as very delayed so far.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:02 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
@manymany BA9 delayed to 17:22 according to the Heathrow website.

M
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Landed on BA278 at LHR from SJC and have now been waiting for 2,5 hours for an available gate or stand. Captain just informed that we have moved up from number 16 after landing in the queue waiting for gate to number 8 at the moment. Thus some major delays expected after landing too.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Was booked on the 783 Arn-Lhr but changed to the earlier one 781 leaving at 1805, that one was just cancelled and automatically been rebooked to the 771 leaving tomorrow morning as my original flight is now full!!!
is BA responsible for my accommodation tonight?
And what compensation can i get?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wife is at LHR, was supposed to be on BA93 to YYZ, now cancelled....

Has been offered a route tomorrow on AA via Charlotte arriving 2 days later which is not ideal to say the least. Website errors when you try to either select the option given or pick another. Gold line not being answered after 40 mins on hold, then cut off. Called back in and they won't even put me in the queue. Not a good day for BA. I know the weather isn't their fault but the recovery system is a disaster.
Silver Fox and rossmacd like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

More news:

1) There is now a BA, AA, IB and AY guideline for all LHR arrivals / departures, not just AMS. So anyone with a flight from LHR can (and in my opinion should) ring up and rebook to 11 through to 15 December inclusive. This applies to flights currently showing as operating, whether or not delayed. Cancelled flights have this option too, but can get refunds or rebook to same fare basis later over the next 354 days.

2) There are now a number of longhauls affected and outstations are being asked to reroute passengers.
BA77 LAD (already mentioned)
BA93 YYZ.
BA191 AUS
BA067 PHL
BA017 ICN
Plus the Doha flight cancelled earlier in the week ago.

I'll do a final list of cancellations later today since it tends to be useful for enquiries later on.
sgm likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Mike Gold
Was booked on the 783 Arn-Lhr but changed to the earlier one 781 leaving at 1805, that one was just cancelled and automatically been rebooked to the 771 leaving tomorrow morning as my original flight is now full!!!
Yes and nothing.
Mike Gold likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mike Gold
BA is responsible for your hotel, reasonable meals, travel to and from the hotel and some communication expenses. No compensation, but they should rebook you.

Their internal guideline is £200 per night, which is not legally binding but you'll save yourself some hassle if you book something suitable yourself under that amount, and charge it back to BA in due course. In this situation I would not try and get BA to book a hotel. Hilton Garden Inn, Hatton Cross, is selling rooms to registered Honors members for £63, which would be a bargain but for the fact that the Doubletree on Bath Road is £57. I would book either hotel straightaway since these rooms won't last long. HGI is reachable by tube quite easily, and the Doubletree is available on the bus service from the central bus station at T1, last bus stop but one, bus 105 or 111 to Waye Avenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.