FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:28 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The LGW - GVA flight is cancelled (BA2744/5) and 2.5 hour delays showing on some of the later services - this may change as the day progresses.

In fact I'm seeing a lot of delays creeping into the schedule today (e.g. DUS, 1 to 2 hour, NCL).

Some domestic cancellations (BA1448/9, LHR-EDI-LHR, BA1394/5 LHR-MAN-LHR, BA1342/3 LHR-LBA-LHR but that's ok since KARFA is in Brazil). Also MRS, MUC, VIE have cancellations and I see quite a lot of red in the 11:00 to 13:00 hrs area, which suggest aircraft are getting delayed returning from the mainland.

LGW running OK on the whole,
I timed this trip well! Just arrived in GRU. Originally before work called I was going to AMS this weekend so I would have been caught up in it all.

I suspect for those unfortunately on BA1342/3 it will be a case of rebooking on to the later BA1344/5, or rebooked on to a MAN flight if there is space, or make your own way on the train.

Sorry for those caught up generally in all this. I have been caught up in problems before so I don't feel too guilty missing it this time, but I hope everyone gets to where they want to go without too much delay.