Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mikebg
Just arrived on BA948 at MUC. Operated by a Qatar 320. BA apologised profusely at the gate that it was operated by Qatar, but the business class was VASTLY better than CW
CW or CE?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikebg
Just arrived on BA948 at MUC. Operated by a Qatar 320. BA apologised profusely at the gate that it was operated by Qatar, but the business class was VASTLY better than CW. Quite an upgrade for me!

Wider, more legroom, more comfortable, oh dear Mr Cruz! You really have shown us what we are missing due to your 'cost savings'!
The apology was probably to deal with it allowing you to see what other carriers do offer and that you may be back to normal on the next flight
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Airprox
BA have two HiFly A343s today, as there are three 767s out of action, 1 in scheduled mx at CWL and 2 tech at LHR. Nothing to do with the strikes or the QR leasing.
As mentioned in another thread, thats not what BA want you to believe...

Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
How does the offer to rebook you on an alternative BA flight work in the case of somewhere like Zagreb? There's only one flight a day with BA, and it's been a Qatar Airways sub for each of the last three days.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:56 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Will just throw my 2 cents into the mix on this.
Flew Saturday 1st July LHR-TLL on the QR A320.

To be fair had an excellent time for Club Europe, Anyone who thinks the AL MAHA plane in CE would be bad, it was really good, not sure if better than the other QR's but it was nice and modern.

The crew did an amazing job, friendly, champagne before push back.

The seats on the AL MAHA plane are 2 - 2 with 12 in total.
So much better than any club Europe seat.

They had power ports

Great Leg room

and then the normal CE BA service.

I had a nice chat with the young friendly crew and we joked about how it was a QR painted plane with AL MAHA markings and colors on the inside and BA service and catering.

I know some people mentioned it before, but both pilots were British and I spoke with 1 and he was from Easyjet previously.

Overall a great flight and a nice change to be honest.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
How does the offer to rebook you on an alternative BA flight work in the case of somewhere like Zagreb? There's only one flight a day with BA, and it's been a Qatar Airways sub for each of the last three days.
Probably a refund, unless you go full lawyer
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by clubman
CW or CE?
Sorry, CE!! Now corrected. That's what happens when you need to get on a flight so early in the morning!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Remember that Tobias thinks the BA Panini is great and appropriate for a J class product...
I agree with Tobias-UK on the food being bland. Even my visits to Al Safwa lounge were great disappointment, canteen quality food and steak only done well-done, lack of flavours, etc...
Hard product is generally good in F, but food and some staff chit-chat is thoroughly missing in quality.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
The crew did an amazing job, friendly, champagne before push back.

Champagne before push back! Be still my beating heart. It would be wonderful if they offered a pre-departure drink in Club Europe!

Great run down on your flight - I hope you nabbed that safety card, it will be a rare one since that airline is not happening
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by Armodeen
Anyone know how long the HiFly A343s are sticking around? Would love to catch a ride if the opportunity arises.
Both CS-TQZ and 9H-JAI are covering BA 767 work today. TQZ is currently working an ATH job and JAI working a NCE job. Only one of the folk with insider knowledge will know how long they are staying around.

G-BZHB is on maintenance at Cardiff, G-BNWZ looks to have been unavailable over the weekend but is back flying now, G-BZHA not working today, while G-BNWA has been stopped since Friday, but is showing as planned on FRA and ATH jobs tomorrow.

G-BZHC isn't showing any planned work for tomorrow, while all others are.

That means I'd guess at least one of the two A340s will drop on something tomorrow.

I'd be looking at FR24 for 767 booked flights which aren't showing an allocated aircraft. They would be the more likely candidates for a substitution.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:14 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Great run down on your flight - I hope you nabbed that safety card, it will be a rare one since that airline is not happening
It most definitely was a rare green one, but we all know that us FT's do not steal from aircraft
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Will just throw my 2 cents into the mix on this.
Flew Saturday 1st July LHR-TLL on the QR A320.

To be fair had an excellent time for Club Europe, Anyone who thinks the AL MAHA plane in CE would be bad, it was really good, not sure if better than the other QR's but it was nice and modern.
Had the chance of seeing this bird at TLL. Should be the first time QR has ever been to TLL.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The seats on the AL MAHA plane are 2 - 2 with 12 in total.
So much better than any club Europe seat.
Only if you like having a big hairy arm inches away from you. No thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
It most definitely was a rare green one, but we all know that us FT's do not steal from aircraft
..or lounges..
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Hard to tell from the photo but the J class seat doesn't look massive - assume the aisle is much wider than normal as a result??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.