Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:30 am

I've just put pics up of the Qatar flight from yesterday including the wrong safety demo, Euro Traveller catering - search comeflywithv on Instagram
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:50 pm

I assume a briefing to those sitting in the overwing exit seats is a legal requirement? It seems to have been forgotten today.

The Qatar crew on today's BA419 seem to be struggling to operate to the BA script.

On a positive note there is a lot of leg room on the overwing seats.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Here's one of QR's A320 (A7-LAA) inbound from Warsaw today.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana
Here's one of QR's A320 (A7-LAA) inbound from Warsaw today.
Interesting - this was the Al Maha one. Clearly had a change of livery recently...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
Interesting - this was the Al Maha one. Clearly had a change of livery recently...
They are being integrated into the QR fleet since Al Maha is (obviously) a no go (and was before the recent political moves too).

Anyone know how long the HiFly A343s are sticking around? Would love to catch a ride if the opportunity arises.

Last edited by Armodeen; Jul 2, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Did they serve BA food or Qatar food? A big win if it was QR food.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If you like bland food
Not sure I understand the humor here....

Originally Posted by florens
BA food.
Just imagine, with QR equipment, service and "Qatar Food" how many defections from BA ?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HMPS
Not sure I understand the humor here....
No humour - whilst it may be visually pleasant, I find the food served on Qatar to be mostly bland, unappealing and often lukewarm or cold.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No humour - whilst it may be visually pleasant, I find the food served on Qatar to be mostly bland, unappealing and often lukewarm or cold.
Thanks for the clarification. Funny how opinions differ from person to person. While I order VEG. food only I have found a QR food is infinitely better than BA.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:11 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Funny how opinions differ from person to person. While I order VEG. food only I have found a QR food is infinitely better than BA.
Fortunately for me I'm a carnivore, airline veggie food would bore me to death!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Remember that Tobias thinks the BA Panini is great and appropriate for a J class product...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Sat in T3 GF for the (horribly early) LYS flight: board showing that Warsaw (the early and 13:00ish departures), Vienna, Luxembourg and Budapest are QR operated. Is says in capitals under the flight entry OPERATED BY QATAR AIRWAYS. I can see two of the planes on stand just behind me.

Disappointed as I've often taken the early VIE service in CE!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Remember that Tobias thinks the BA Panini is great and appropriate for a J class product...
Have I said that? And even if I did (which I haven't), it doesn't make the QR food any less bland. Oh, and I've had a very similar panini served to me on QR - well, without the flavour.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jul 2, 2017 at 11:47 pm Reason: Fat fingers
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by OrangeorRWB
I assume a briefing to those sitting in the overwing exit seats is a legal requirement? It seems to have been forgotten today.

The Qatar crew on today's BA419 seem to be struggling to operate to the BA script.

Having flown loads of UK and EU airlines, I very rarely get an extra briefing. I didn't with EasyJet last week and didn't with Lufthansa about 6 weeks ago.

Last edited by FN-GM; Jul 3, 2017 at 11:25 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Just imagine, with QR equipment, service and "Qatar Food" how many defections from BA ?
They don't compete on short-haul routes though
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Just arrived on BA948 at MUC. Operated by a Qatar 320. BA apologised profusely at the gate that it was operated by Qatar, but the business class was VASTLY better than CE. Quite an upgrade for me!

Wider, more legroom, more comfortable, oh dear Mr Cruz! You really have shown us what we are missing due to your 'cost savings'!

Last edited by mikebg; Jul 3, 2017 at 9:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.