Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I doubt QR is handling these flights. What you are seeing is the initial hiccups with BAs systems using a new aircraft type/ seating layout with no moving curtain.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
So as A7LAA is only with 2 rows of business many people got downgraded here to economy for BA711 from ZRH to LHR at checkin.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:23 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by florens
So as A7LAA is only with 2 rows of business many people got downgraded here to economy for BA711 from ZRH to LHR at checkin.
Is there any clue as to how the downgrades are being prioritised? Tough luck if you were further back than row 2, or are people being seat shifted to accommodate higher status passengers?

I'm surprised they haven't just left the middle seat free in Y and offered a J service, irrespective of where the divider is - perhaps that'll happen as the seat maps get sorted properly in BA's system.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Is there any clue as to how the downgrades are being prioritised? Tough luck if you were further back than row 2, or are people being seat shifted to accommodate higher status passengers?

I'm surprised they haven't just left the middle seat free in Y and offered a J service, irrespective of where the divider is - perhaps that'll happen as the seat maps get sorted properly in BA's system.
I am surprised too. I couldn't see the lady in front who was downgraded at check in being given any information on compensation.

I have no idea how they prioritise. I am on a U fare ticket and checked in early and had SEQ1 and 2. Then at around 5h past checkin opening they changed to the QR bird.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

A7-LAA, 3D

Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Club Europe food orders pre takeoff, manual QR safety briefing, announcements during boarding are those from BA. 15 minutes free wifi after 10000ft. Taxiing now.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
How would the BOB work on these flights? Surely the QR crew wouldn't have had the training to use the BA system?

Or have they reverted back to free catering in Y on these flights?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
How would the BOB work on these flights? Surely the QR crew wouldn't have had the training to use the BA system?

Or have they reverted back to free catering in Y on these flights?
I'll try to ask. Only thing I can say is that I saw a large plastic bag full of peanut packages (those from CW) in the overhead bin so maybe ET get one of those with a free drink.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Wifi is working ^
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I thought the business (CE) sits on the QR planes were meant to be lie flat seats?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:23 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Whoever thought it a good idea to use that font on a customer-facing communication from a multinational company needs a good telling off.

It's not a newsletter from the local village fete committee.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by V10
Whoever thought it a good idea to use that font on a customer-facing communication from a multinational company needs a good telling off.

There’s some bug in BA’s system that causes these letters to print partially or entirely in that font sometimes
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by V10

It happens where BA's custom font (Mylius) is used. Where it's not available on a non-BA PC, it seems to default to Lucida instead.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by sigma421
There’s some bug in BA’s system that causes these letters to print partially or entirely in that font sometimes
And that jokey, barely legible font just happens to become applied to those parts of the letter detailing info about passenger compensation rights? I smell a rat rather than a bug!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.