FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1849608-ba-lease-9-qatar-a320s-crews-during-strike.html)

Jumbodriver Jun 22, 17 9:20 am

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

BA are leasing 9 A320 family aircraft from Qatar for the duration of the strikes.

​​​

710 77345 Jun 22, 17 9:23 am

Interesting move.

BA have been very careful with their wording about their success in the last strike, saying that every passenger got to their destination, but didn't mention the people who had to be downgraded. Hopefully this doesn't happen next time, but those jets have only a small number of fixed J seats.

Flexible preferences Jun 22, 17 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Jumbodriver (Post 28474056)
BA are leasing 9 A320 family aircraft from Qatar for the duration of the strikes.

​​​

That's interesting. Do you know if they are wet-leasing them Jumbodriver?

florens Jun 22, 17 9:27 am

​​​

Do you have any source for this? This is interesting, especially because of the fixed configuration.

Jumbodriver Jun 22, 17 9:29 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28474102)
Do you have any source for this? This is interesting, especially because of the fixed configuration.

I probably should have said 'have applied' to lease, but, the CAA rarely refuses.
​​​​​
​​​​
http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/2227.pdf

​​​​​Sorry if the link doesn't work. Posting from phone and it doesn't seem to like it.

Globaliser Jun 22, 17 9:31 am

BA are leasing 9 A320 family aircraft from Qatar for the duration of the strikes.​​​

At mates' rates? :D

Jumbodriver Jun 22, 17 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 28474135)
At mates' rates? :D

I'd imagine both airlines spotted an opportunity in adversity!

KARFA Jun 22, 17 9:33 am

Wet leases so with QR cabin crew and also flight crew I assume. Should be interesting for those who end up on a QR aircraft!

florens Jun 22, 17 9:35 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28474143)
Wet leases so with QR cabin crew and also flight crew I assume. Should be interesting for those who end up on a QR aircraft!

^

shefgab Jun 22, 17 9:50 am

I wonder what the QR crew will think of the BA F&B standards! :D Not to mention the BoB. I wonder if a Green Al Maha will be flown in as well. That would be something interesting for local spotters.

Calchas Jun 22, 17 2:43 pm

To be clear, the document doesn't say that the aircraft are owned by Qatar Airlines, merely that the aircraft are registered in the State of Qatar.

Although I don't think anyone else in Qatar owns 9 aircraft ... :)

Down Low Jun 22, 17 3:20 pm

BA apply to CAA to operate Qatari Airbus during strikes

Hearing tonight BA have applied to the CAA for permission to operate 9 Qatar Airways A320 and A321s during the forthcoming strike periods. Aircraft would be operated by Qatari flight and cabin crew.

Down Low Jun 22, 17 3:20 pm

And the thread title is obviously meant to say strikes not strimes....

sbm12 Jun 22, 17 3:43 pm

The number of ways this says screw you to the unions is amazing.

lorcancoyle Jun 22, 17 3:48 pm

Wow. Imagine QR must be delighted to get extra use out of aircraft that were banned by GCC countries and others, plus good for them as a shareholder in IAG.