Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by T8191
Semi-detached question. I (and my back!) like the low-level bag-drop arrangements, which I've encountered at LAX. But ... what happens to the bag then? I like the confidence of seeing my tagged luggage on a conveyor belt, heading into 'the system', instead of just being sat behind a desk.
There's a guy hovering around who picks them up and takes them somewhere (probably to a conveyor belt that heads into 'the system')
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So where is the new fast track? And please tell me it's flat. The fast track up the ramp is the worst where you can't set a roller bag down without it rolling away.
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So where is the new fast track? And please tell me it's flat. The fast track up the ramp is the worst where you can't set a roller bag down without it rolling away.
The old fast track is still there but it's not open in the morning. I'm not sure whether the plan is to maintain that or not?

The new priority security is accessed through the end of the new First check-in. Go to the end and turn right into that lovely hallway I pictured above. Past the toilets/washrooms which are on the left and you end up to the left hand side of the original security line.

I am happy to confirm it's completely flat all the way
Prospero and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Flew from T7 last night and there appeared to be two lines at Premium security. There was a long line being controlled by a red-jacketed lady and a much shorter line that fed into the top of the longer line that seemed to be comprised of First and Gold passengers as far as I could tell. I presumed that the longer line was therefore Club and Silver. Am I correct and is this a permanent arrangement? It didn't seem to be marked as such.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Flew from T7 last night and there appeared to be two lines at Premium security. There was a long line being controlled by a red-jacketed lady and a much shorter line that fed into the top of the longer line that seemed to be comprised of First and Gold passengers as far as I could tell. I presumed that the longer line was therefore Club and Silver. Am I correct and is this a permanent arrangement? It didn't seem to be marked as such.
I'm going through on Tuesday, I'll see what I see.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm going through on Tuesday, I'll see what I see.
Me too!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I saw what I saw last week...

First check in area smart, and the rest of the terminal is a mess at the moment.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Is F checkin in a different area now than it was previously? If so, where?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
F check in is still in the same area as before but has a changed layout. Now you get individual counters all round (rather than against the back wall by the conveyor belt). The décor has also changed, the looks is reminiscent of the LHR first wing.

I can also confirm that there are now two separate fast track queues, a generic one for CW, SCH, OWS, and a shorter one for F, GCH, OWE. They run parallel to one another and join at the TSA BP check desk. The security slope (and apparatus) itself has not changed.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:06 am

I flew on the 178 last Saturday morning and at the TSA checker I got directed into the employee lane behind some BA cabin crew. Marvellous fast and they didn’t even make me go through the body scanner, just the WTMD.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by orbitmic
F check in is still in the same area as before but has a changed layout. Now you get individual counters all round (rather than against the back wall by the conveyor belt). The décor has also changed, the looks is reminiscent of the LHR first wing.

I can also confirm that there are now two separate fast track queues, a generic one for CW, SCH, OWS, and a shorter one for F, GCH, OWE. They run parallel to one another and join at the TSA BP check desk. The security slope (and apparatus) itself has not changed.
If they haven't got rid of the slope then they havn't really made any actual improvements to the security area!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If they haven't got rid of the slope then they havn't really made any actual improvements to the security area!
Just wen't through 10 minutes ago. Still very much a ramp.

I can't really comment too much on the line situation since my companion and myself were the only travelers in the area at all.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The slope connects two parts of T7 (two buildings in fact) at two different levels. So the ramp is there to stay, unless they put in steps with a ramp along side.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat
From reading the thread (and previous personal experience), it seems that prior to the renovation of the First check-in, the TSA security checkpoint was to the left and up the dreaded slope. Post renovation, it is indicated above that First passengers were being directed to the right, and down the hallway pictured many posts above in this thread to get to a different TSA checkpoint. It seems like based on the recent experiences posted immediately above that the old sloped TSA security checkpoint is being used again.

Can anyone with recent experience comment on the above? I have a flight out of JFK in a few weeks and am trying to get clarification.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Genius1
The slope connects two parts of T7 (two buildings in fact) at two different levels. So the ramp is there to stay, unless they put in steps with a ramp along side.

I think most people would much prefer the security / redressing area being on the flat and then steps and a ramp (for those less able to manage steps) up to the terminal level.

it does seem to discombobulate some people and slow the process down.

Mind the last time I was there the queue was so long I just went to normal security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.