Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Flew out of JFK with Mrs Castle25 on saturday in WTP (Mrs C is Gold) and have to say,the 'First' lounge is the worst i have ever seen in my life. Dark, dingy and unwelcoming. Mrs Castle25 who is 'Gluten Free' (due to medical reasons not fashion reasons) could NOT get a gluten free meal in the 'First' lounge. We decamped to the 'Galleries' lounge and couldn't believe the difference in ambiance (still no Gluten free food though). The 'BA' staff were not interested in sourcing a meal and were rude & unhelpful. We had to speak to the Food and Beverage manager who managed to get something from the 'Sleeper Service menu. The sooner T7 is updated the better!!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:44 am

I was in JFK GF last night and, as usual, it was boiling hot. Even the reception agent was complaining about it.

However, one of the staff was very attentive going round the groups of travellers asking if they would like refills or additional snacks, which was very much appreciated. Imagine that in LHR T5 GF

Made my way over to the JFK CCR for some food after getting a BP for F, which was not surprising how full each flight looked.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I was told by a lounge agent at the JFK CCR that they are getting rid of the F security checkpoint with the slope just by the F check-in area. Now everyone will have to walk around to the main security checkpoint, there is a very expedient fast track lane. I find this very disappointing, as it is a bit of a walk to the CCR now. Not the biggest deal in the world, but still annoying.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I was told by a lounge agent at the JFK CCR that they are getting rid of the F security checkpoint with the slope just by the F check-in area. Now everyone will have to walk around to the main security checkpoint, there is a very expedient fast track lane. I find this very disappointing, as it is a bit of a walk to the CCR now. Not the biggest deal in the world, but still annoying.
That's something I heard a rumour about a while ago. It's one of the reasons behind my commenting that they should merge the CCR into the existing lounge area.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Castle25
Flew out of JFK with Mrs Castle25 on saturday in WTP (Mrs C is Gold) and have to say,the 'First' lounge is the worst i have ever seen in my life. Dark, dingy and unwelcoming. Mrs Castle25 who is 'Gluten Free' (due to medical reasons not fashion reasons) could NOT get a gluten free meal in the 'First' lounge. !!
You can't get any meals in the F lounge so I wouldn't feel too hard done by. Meals are served in the Business lounge ( or CCR), but as a WTP traveller you aren't entitled to them anyway. Just snacks, was there no fruit?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
not sure if it's been reported before but the new F check in area now has a F wing like golden metal things to cover it. I didn't actually use it but looked pretty enough.

I also managed to get queue-jumped (by the staff) when not travelling in F but I am not sure that's meant to be the case for a 'mere' CCR holder....
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:19 pm

Are there any more updates on how this is progressing? According to the BA website Galleries Club lounge is open, but Galleries First (and presumably the CCR) is closed for refurbishment.

Am I right in thinking that:
  • First check-in area is finished
  • Galleries First is in progress
  • Galleries Club hasn't started
  • Terminal Improvements haven't started
I'm going to be going back and forth regularly between now and June, so I'm wondering whether to book with BA or AA in order to avoid disruption and for general lounge experience. It sounds like AA and the flagship lounge are the better option at the moment.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Are there any more updates on how this is progressing? According to the BA website Galleries Club lounge is open, but Galleries First (and presumably the CCR) is closed for refurbishment.
I understand the CCR is fully operational
Bloomsbury likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury

Am I right in thinking that:
  • First check-in area is finished
  • Galleries First is in progress
  • Galleries Club hasn't started
  • Terminal Improvements haven't started
I'm going to be going back and forth regularly between now and June, so I'm wondering whether to book with BA or AA in order to avoid disruption and for general lounge experience. It sounds like AA and the flagship lounge are the better option at the moment.
I believe you are pretty much spot on.

With the new F lounge at T8 and AA all aisle access it may well be better with them. However I can see BA being incredibly better next year and I’m excited about this. As potentially we will have: A new lounge/Terminal interior at JFK. We have the new catering and bedding already. A new Club world seat. (Wow!)
​​​​
Then eventually new LHR Lounges and hopefully arrivals lounge. (these are very long term 2-5 yrs off!!)

Anything can happen between now and then so take this all with a pinch of salt.

So yes AA for now.
Bloomsbury likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Regardless of any work the AA Flagship Lounge in T8 is loads better than either GC or GF lounge in T7. Not to mention actually having TSA Pre available if flying AA
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
I have never understood the problem with the slope. Having said that, there are a number of things I read about on here that don't bother me
I experienced a chap trying to get re dressed just throwing the security tray in front of his up the sloped conveyor causing it to bang and make a noise. He must of done this about 5 times. It kept sliding town the slope while he was trying to get his shoes and laptop back in his bag etc.

Quite shocking behaviour, never seen anything like it.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
What does the future hold for T7? BA may be investing in it for now, but what about the medium to long term? Even with BA's investment it will still be one of the crappiest terminals at JFK and Cuomo has it being demolished in his plan. I thought the original plan was to have BA move in to an expanded T8 but that apparently never happened. Now it looks like B6 is going to build a new T6 that will connect to T5, and I've heard talks of a potential airside connection to T7 as well as B6 taking over T7 after BA's lease expires. It's unclear how all of this fits into Cuomo's plan.

Last edited by Kumulani; Jan 19, 2018 at 1:05 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Flew through T7 about a week ago, Club check in closed when I arrived (was on the late 182) was directed to First check in, no queue at the slope.
The lounge was fairly busy - plenty of seats available and very pro active lounge staff which was great. They have changed the vodka from Smirnoff to Absolut which is disappointing seeing as they now have decent vodka onboard - also would love Fevertree tonic water instead of the giant cans of ??? stocked at present.
I cut through the duty free shop so didn’t notice if the hoardings were still at gate level
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I'll miss being able to grab a big breakfast at McDs, but it's nice to have a Fika there, though let down by the staff. Not the same quality as their other shops in Manhattan.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
would love Fevertree tonic water instead of the giant cans of ??? stocked at present.
Probably Seagram's which they also stock in the CCR. Sweetened with HFCS and notable for losing most of its fizziness on contact with gin.
missdimeaner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.