Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
For me because

a) I live in Madrid so I'm usually flying IB so the frequency issue is irrelevant, but fine
b) JFK is a pretty important connection hub for AA domestics. It works well enough for O/D traffic but the connections process is awful
regarding b), isn't this a more generalised US / JFK problem where they don't like airside / int-int connections and everyone has to reclear security and immigration and so on? No doubt if BA were in an expanded T8 this would be negated somewhat (although you'd still have to reclear customs and immigration on inbound services to JFK if connecting) but I prefer T7 to T8 as a departing passenger in a premium cabin / with status, mainly because of the compact size. And I would hazard a guess that the people who fly ex JFK and influence BA's policies towards that outstation would agree with me.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA
It doesn't open until I think 3 or 3.30pm. Other than that it should always be open - I don't remember any instance where I have found it closed. That is not to say there may be odd instances it isn't open, but it would very much be a small number of occasions that happens. M
Ah - I didn't know that. It is usually open for the 178 in the morning but wasn't earlier this month - maybe I was a tad early, it was well after 5am (7:55 departure) but I pulled an all brighter so was earlier than I would normally be.
I had assumed (wrongly) that if the check in was open, so would the 'slope'.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I like being able to turn up at an hour to go, quickly through security and then a short walk to the lounge for a drink and then a short walk to the plane.
Quickly through security, lol only if you're in first class, otherwise T7 is home to some of the worst security lines I've ever seen at any airport.

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
regarding b), isn't this a more generalised US / JFK problem where they don't like airside / int-int connections and everyone has to reclear security and immigration and so on?
Barely anyone connects INT-INT at JFK, none of what you say is applicable to DOM-INT connections which are the ones being discussed here. If there were an airside connection, people could switch from a domestic AA flight to an international BA one without going through any checks at all. Instead they have to deal with the mess at T7 security.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Kumulani
Barely anyone connects INT-INT at JFK, none of what you say is applicable to DOM-INT connections which are the ones being discussed here. If there were an airside connection, people could switch from a domestic AA flight to an international BA one without going through any checks at all. Instead they have to deal with the mess at T7 security.
Thinking about it, I'd be willing to bet an airside bus connection would do a lot to eliminate that security mess, too.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
If you have a gold card you should have used the F check in desks - there are certainly no self checkin kiosks there. Also you would have had access to the fast track security lane opposite F check in.
Originally Posted by dylanks
Yes, it sounds like they missed the entire priority pier on the left side of T7.
Presumably, this was my first time so I asked but got no help. Although not sure it would have made any difference, very few desks were manned and staff seemed to be in a very sour mood., this was late evening. I asked several times and was told to use the machine and tag my hold bag. I asked about priority security and was pointed to the 2 lane standard.

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
The last time I flew out of JFK T7 the premium security wasn't open. We had to use the regular one
It doesn't open until I think 3 or 3.30pm. Other than that it should always be open - I don't remember any instance where I have found it closed. That is not to say there may be odd instances it isn't open, but it would very much be a small number of occasions that happens. M
So, where is this premium security lane please in case I need to use T7 again?

Regarding the discussion in T7-T8 links, I was hoping (and thought the plan was) for BA to just move to T8, joining AA, and making it the oneworld hub.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by varkey
With your back to the doors and the roadway, the main checkin and security is straight ahead. The Premium check in row is at the far left end of the building. It has club first, then F checkin towards the back. It has seats down the left hand side and sofas at the back by F checkin. Opposite the F desks is the premium security line. It is a single line only, and in the evening also extremely busy with the queue going all the way down the checkin row. They take wheelchair users and F pax directly to the head of the queue so it moves very slowly. It comes out right outside the entrance to the CCR and Gate 1.

Regarding the discussion in T7-T8 links, I was hoping (and thought the plan was) for BA to just move to T8, joining AA, and making it the oneworld hub.
Firstly T8 would need to be massively expanded and that is some years away. Secondly, BA are quite happy in their own terminal for their own passengers with their own lounges. If BA moved to T8 they would need their own big CCR/GF/GC/Spa complex which would just spend all it's time shoo-ing away AA pax who would be entititled to access under OW rules.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's on the left side of the check-in area, across from the First Class check-in area. I think it is opens from 16:00 hrs onwards, but I'm not certain. It's up a steep slope, it is quite distinctive.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:13 pm

Thank you airprox and cws.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'll be at T7 today.

Does anyone know if there's any disruption to current services, fast track, lounges, etc?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'll be at T7 today.

Does anyone know if there's any disruption to current services, fast track, lounges, etc?
Is there a reason you think there might be?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Is there a reason you think there might be?
Simply because BA is now promoting its $67m investment at JFK on its home page, which makes me wonder if work has begun. The possibility of lounges closing to make way for works entered my mind is all.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Simply because BA is now promoting its $67m investment at JFK on its home page, which makes me wonder if work has begun. The possibility of lounges closing to make way for works entered my mind is all.
Work has not begun to cause disruption and lounges have not closed.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:44 am

Work has not begun to cause disruption and lounges have not closed.
Out of interest, is there any sets dates that works will begin? I imagine it will be done in phases to limit disruption over a 2 yr period! Hopefully not causing as much disruption that say London bridge has (for any Londoners)!
Old May 2, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Out of interest, is there any sets dates that works will begin? I imagine it will be done in phases to limit disruption over a 2 yr period! Hopefully not causing as much disruption that say London bridge has (for any Londoners)!
I don't know dates. I suspect the scale of this is somewhat smaller than the London Bridge project
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
In MMB today, there is a message posted about the First check-in area being closed and temporarily relocated at JFK. The message continues on, stating that the new official check-in area will open this Autumn.

Has anyone been through there recently to advise on what the status is? I assume it will resemble the T5 Wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.