Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:04 pm

Did you ever wonder where the old F walnut trim was going to end up?

I see what you mean about the IKEA graphics... the rendering and the actual content is not exactly screaming 2017.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I agree that the visualisations are not spectacularly well produced. On to a more substantive matter though, is any else disappointed that there is no mention of the arrivals experience?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Prospero
I agree that the visualisations are not spectacularly well produced. On to a more substantive matter though, is any else disappointed that there is no mention of the arrivals experience?
Yes, but then I guess the counterargument (for the sake of it rather than being my own position) is that daytime flights people are less likely to be trying to maximize sleep and wanted food on arrival.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well according to what I have read arrivals have been done already, haven't you seen the APC kiosks?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by navylad
Yes, but then I guess the counterargument (for the sake of it rather than being my own position) is that daytime flights people are less likely to be trying to maximize sleep and wanted food on arrival.
I was thinking more along the lines of the squalid conditions we endure at immigration. If BA cannot control DHS’s staffing numbers, I’d hope it could at least transform the claustrophobic, poorly ventilated conditions into a more pleasant environment for BA customers to spend their first 60 mins on US soil.

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well according to what I have read arrivals have been done already, haven't you seen the APC kiosks?
I haven’t used JFK to enter the US for a couple of years now - this is good news though.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You haven't missed much!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I was thinking more along the lines of the squalid conditions we endure at immigration. If BA cannot control DHS’s staffing numbers, I’d hope it could at least transform the claustrophobic, poorly ventilated conditions into a more pleasant environment for BA customers to spend their first 60 mins on US soil.

I haven’t used JFK to enter the US for a couple of years now - this is good news though.
Yes I'm definitely with you on that one; I find it amazing in the US how DHS's staff differ in their attitudes, and NYC isn't known as being the friendliest for sure; hence many enjoy the DUB route and pre-clearance.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
according to the BA - PANYNJ lease if BA don't spend a minimum of $43m on improvements by November 2019 they have to pay the PA additional premium on the rent.

So that's an incentive for them to do this now.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Will they build the Boardroom in the former United Club space?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You haven't missed much!
To be fair I think the changes to immigration at JFK have made a dramatic difference for the better. I used to avoid JFK like the plague due to the always-lengthy queue for immigration. In the times I've been through since the kiosks were introduced it's been a breeze - less than 2 minutes on Monday evening. If they can spruce up the F lounge and introduce a new F Wing-style fast track then I think it'll be my go-to over EWR.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by navylad
Looks nothing like one to me (which I had to google having not used such things)...

yours saying this

is the same as this? really?

Attachment 31298

Not millions of pounds spent on CGI graphics but perhaps we should concentrate on the substance rather than an unecessary BA bashing opportunity?

Hopefully BA will develop a closer relationship with AS.

Fair enough it was an exaggeration, but I don't suppose BA paid for that write up, if they had used better graphics it would have worked as a great advertisement for them. We are not talking million, we are talked a few thousand.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I suspect that is where the new Alaska lounge will be, although the UA lounge space had two parts and I very much doubt AS would need all that space even for the combined AS/VX flights.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Airprox
I suspect that is where the new Alaska lounge will be, although the UA lounge space had two parts and I very much doubt AS would need all that space even for the combined AS/VX flights.
Well, AS lounges are part of PP so they could need the space
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Well, AS lounges are part of PP so they could need the space
They could certainly make a nice profit from all the statusless BA pax in T7 as there is no other lounge there. I've never actually been able to go into an AS lounge with my PP, every single one has always had a sign outside saying they are not accepting them due to capacity contraints, regardless of airport or time of day.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
It's currently in use as a third party lounge (Seven Lounge or something like that) used by the non-OW carriers in T7. I suspect it will become the new AS lounge with AS moving to T7.

What I am hoping is that BA will soon announce PreCheck in conjunction with the refurb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.