Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:59 am

Unless they replace the A/C in the plebs part of the terminal they may as well not bother. I spent an excruciating six hours in the departure lounge last summer and the gate was in the hottest part of the departure lounge where we had to stand in line for 90 minutes (delayed flight but had to wait for 'prompt late departure').
It really is now the worst terminal at JFK
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by godfreyb
Unless they replace the A/C in the plebs part of the terminal they may as well not bother. I spent an excruciating six hours in the departure lounge last summer and the gate was in the hottest part of the departure lounge where we had to stand in line for 90 minutes (delayed flight but had to wait for 'prompt late departure').
It really is now the worst terminal at JFK
The lounges aren't much better I can assure you! Always far too hot in there.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Are there any plans to have a T8-T7 airside connection?

It's not so bad going the other way given you have to go through immigration regardless, but that's a miserable connection and security can be absolutely awful in the afternoons at T7 for people without status. Easily a 45 minute wait.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless in F EWR is an all round nicer experience. None of this proposed for T7 looks like changing that.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The A/C and heating are being replaced in T7.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Unless in F EWR is an all round nicer experience. None of this proposed for T7 looks like changing that.
Agree. Though if in J, the 747 options from JFK also normally seal that deal. Now a CCR holder so the point is moot.

But when my sister-in-law did Openskies recently (she is a SCH), I told her to definitely take the EWR option.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Are there any plans to have a T8-T7 airside connection?
This isn't happening. T7 and T8 are quite far apart and separated by the JFK Expressway.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Kumulani
This isn't happening. T7 and T8 are quite far apart and separated by the JFK Expressway.
I don't see why a bus service like at ORD couldn't happen.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:14 am

Wouldn't it only be useful for those without checked bags though? Everyone else would need to get their bags, and recheck them.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
True, but that's also true at most airports in case of a collect & recheck with a departure from another terminal, unless an international arrival in the US (e.g. LHR T5-T3 landside).
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
Wouldn't it only be useful for those without checked bags though? Everyone else would need to get their bags, and recheck them.
Yes an airside bus would be of most use to those doing T8 to T7 after arriving on a AA domestic flight.

Going the other way an airside bus would be of no use since you need to pass through immigration and customs so come out landside regardless of whether you have a bag to check. I guess you could have a bus taking uncleared passengers without checked bags to T8 to do immigration there but this may be a small minority of connections.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes an airside bus would be of most use to those doing T8 to T7 after arriving on a AA domestic flight.

Going the other way an airside bus would be of no use since you need to pass through immigration and customs so come out landside regardless of whether you have a bag to check. I guess you could have a bus taking uncleared passengers without checked bags to T8 to do immigration there but this may be a small minority of connections.
Perhaps we should ask the PM to make a public statement to AA, Ghana style
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
I thought you were talking about a physical connection. Yes a bus would be very nice for people connecting to BA from domestic AA flights. Would also be nice for people coming in on the precleared BA1.

Ultimately T7 needs to go, it's the 2nd worst terminal at JFK. Cuomo has this in his JFK plan but it's unclear when or whether that would happen.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by navylad
Perhaps we should ask the PM to make a public statement to AA, Ghana style
I think the PM is against tourism anyway, so not sure it'll help.

Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by chistery
Yeah, it would basically be a one way for T8 to T7. But that's a truly bad connection process now. The other way isn't really an issue because you just get the airtrain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.