Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First cabin 'closed off' to MAD but then hen party 'upgraded' into it on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First cabin 'closed off' to MAD but then hen party 'upgraded' into it on board

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Excluding this hen party... Have people seen the F cabin in use on this sector?
Yes, I have (BA458 4/4/17).
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:34 pm

I think the CSM dropped the ball here.She not only had a chance to shift the hen party,but also the child,thereby preserving the peace and tranquility of CW.

I presume there was no food loaded to the closed off F cabin.As with all upgrades,it may be that no meal could be served for the upgraded pax.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rapidex
I presume there was no food loaded to the closed off F cabin.As with all upgrades,it may be that no meal could be served for the upgraded pax.
This wasn't an upgrade. The food served to those sitting in the F cabin would be the same food served to those in CE using the same tray.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:27 pm

since the rule of thumb is 1 male stripper fore every 2 ladies at the hen party...

my question is... where were the male strippers? perhaps they were hidden away in first class, which would explain why the CSM denied the OP's request to move into first class?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I am curious. If you paid for Club Europe, and got an upgrade to Club World, what would entitled you to a further upgrade?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I am curious. If you paid for Club Europe, and got an upgrade to Club World, what would entitled you to a further upgrade?
wait. how does one get upgraded from Club Europe to Club World?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ShutteLag
An aircraft sub?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:37 pm

BREXIT?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
BREXIT?
I believe you have won the internet for the day, sir/ma'am.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just for the benefit of anyone not following the innards of BA 24 hours a day and perhaps joining us via FT Trending:

BA normally run LHR to MAD using A320 and A321 services, and more recently the much larger B767s, all of these in shorthaul configuration. However there has been a bit of an uptick in demand for seats on this route, where IAG has a quasi monopoly, and a big increase in cargo traffic too: IAG cargo is centralised and stuff that starts or end, in Spain often has to do a leg into BA's more extensive network. So much so that even B767s is at capacity; so the next one up is a B777 and it is in longhaul configuration. Hence flat beds in business and a 14 or 17 seater First cabin. All for a flight which takes a whisker under 2 hours to do.

What seems to be happening is that they are using a 777 to do one or two flits to Madrid and back, then use the same aircraft for a late JFK or BOS service. In a sense this isn't new, Iberia who codeshares and inter-operates on this route, has long used longhaul services just on this specific route, but now we are in a logic that has lead to the routine and scheduled deployment of a longhaul 777 on one of BA's shorter routes.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Before there was a Mrs Pablol, many friendships were formed either to or from a journey with a hen party, admittedly never in BA Pseudo-First, or Club, EasyJet to Malaga seemed to be the normal route.

Ive flown the MAD flight dozens of times where you unexpectedly get the larger planes, normally when they open up F I'm let in, but there have been loads of times when it's been empty, I've never cared less.

Im pretty sure if I was sitting in the seat I'd pay for, and a group of women on their hen party got moved above me, I'd wish them well and hope they enjoyed themselves.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just for the benefit of anyone not following the innards of BA 24 hours a day and perhaps joining us via FT Trending:

BA normally run LHR to MAD using A320 and A321 services, and more recently the much larger B767s, all of these in shorthaul configuration. However there has been a bit of an uptick in demand for seats on this route, where IAG has a quasi monopoly, and a big increase in cargo traffic too: IAG cargo is centralised and stuff that starts or end, in Spain often has to do a leg into BA's more extensive network. So much so that even B767s is at capacity; so the next one up is a B777 and it is in longhaul configuration. Hence flat beds in business and a 14 or 17 seater First cabin. All for a flight which takes a whisker under 2 hours to do.

What seems to be happening is that they are using a 777 to do one or two flits to Madrid and back, then use the same aircraft for a late JFK or BOS service. In a sense this isn't new, Iberia who codeshares and inter-operates on this route, has long used longhaul services just on this specific route, but now we are in a logic that has lead to the routine and scheduled deployment of a longhaul 777 on one of BA's shorter routes.
Actually it is a little more than that. IBeria have been running this route for quite a while with BA really only selling codeshare tickets. The pilots for Level are being drawn from IB and they are currently short of pilots to fly their main services. BA Is filling the gap for them IB run an A340 on this route and the best fit in the BA stable to replace or sub for an A340 is a 777. SImples.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Great thread - Printing and Breakfast comes to mind.

And OP leave it - life's too short and be happy for people #karma
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Surely this is a wind-up? Quality work OP!!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Waterhorse
Actually it is a little more than that. IBeria have been running this route for quite a while with BA really only selling codeshare tickets. The pilots for Level are being drawn from IB and they are currently short of pilots to fly their main services. BA Is filling the gap for them IB run an A340 on this route and the best fit in the BA stable to replace or sub for an A340 is a 777. SImples.
IB's 18:30 departure currently uses an A330. Did that replace the A340 or are there two IB rotations with a heavy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.