Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First cabin 'closed off' to MAD but then hen party 'upgraded' into it on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First cabin 'closed off' to MAD but then hen party 'upgraded' into it on board

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:10 am

What's annoying me the most is the massive assumption that just because these ladies were on a hen do, none of them could possibly be important or be GCH and we're just as 'entitled' as the OP thinks he is.

secondly I think the CSM and/or captain made a sensible operational decision to move a group on a hen do to an area that would be less disruptive to the people that were already enjoying their lovely CW seats on a CE flight.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by quakered
Good old BA staff for giving the Hen Party a bit of a treat on a special occasion - it shows a caring and generous nature that warms the heart.

Perhaps the Hen Party asked to be moved away form the boring old man who was constantly asking to be upgraded in a self important manner that eventually caused the CSM to loose her rag with him and thus spoiling the party mode for the young people in the Club cabin.....

And let us be clear, the Captain is in COMMAND of all aspects of the aircrafts operation.

Could this thread be merged with DYKWIA......
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Ah ok I see you've missed the logic.

On this aircraft rows 10-15 were originally designed as club Europe. The seats were those that you might recognise from CW. Rows 1-4 were blocked off from the CE cabin to everyone. Those seats are what is usually sold as first. Fair enough.

When the CSM decided to unblock rows 1-4 to some passengers, the GCH should have been allowed to move to a spare seat within the unblocked area. The CSM acted poorly in refusing to allow a GCH to move to an open seat in the same cabin as he had purchased.
There's no logic in my view so I'll disagree on that point. It was a 4 class with F closed off. The OP said it was originally a 4 class, substituted to a 3 class and then back to a 4 class.

Anyhow, The Captain made the decision as I read it and not the CSM. As far as I am concerned that's the end of it and it the OP wants to pursue it afterwards then he's perfectly entitled to do that. The inside of a plane is not the place to dispute these things or keep questioning why they got upgraded and he and his family did not but his complaint is the way the CSM spoke to him, allegedly.

Originally Posted by mrow
The BA forum is filled with opinion, often voiced strongly, and strong characters who are very willing to share their views regardless of whether it fits with others' or not. It's what makes this forum so interesting.
Indeed. ^

Some very seasoned posters have voiced their opinions and I would class them as strong characters with their own personal views on any given matter and are certainly not swayed by any 'flow' of opinion to suit the majority.

This whole thread, according to the OP is not about the upgrade itself it is the way he was allegedly spoken to by the CSM when he and his family did not get the op-up.

Originally Posted by Jed
With the greatest of respect, this is a frequent flyer forum where people post to get the best they can from the product.
My issue isn't with the hen party getting 'upgraded'- they were not disruptive at all.
My issue is with the way the CSM spoke to me when I asked if we could move up too.
Anyway, BA is taking it seriously.
Finally, there still seems to be a common misconception that Flyertalk is a frequent flyer forum and perhaps by default is only for frequent flyers. That is wrong and is clear on the homepage that it is open to everyone and all travelers.

I think folks should remember that the BAEC is only a loyalty programme of a private company!! and I believe these type of incidents are not worth getting hot and bothered about.

Disclaimer: All of the above are my views and perfectly entitled to disagree with and I am not following any flow of opinion.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Yes but the point being the OP after already doing well for himself and getting on an aircraft with CW instead of CE wasn't happy with that as the moment some other people are getting moved in to the First cabin he wants a piece of it and really tries to get his own way and fails! You can put it how you like but the OP clearly thought he was very important and didn't like the fact the Hen party get to sit in First seats and he does not nothing more nothing less! And like I said further up thread why the hell anyone would want to move in to the same space as a hen party is beyond me!
Ehm... theoretically speaking, they only promise you the first row of the cabin you're booked in. They do not promise an upgrade - and even then, an upgrade is not be guaranteed. It isn't on any of the hotel programmes I'm a gold member of, despite the whole 'upgrade when available' wording.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Clareym
What's annoying me the most is the massive assumption that just because these ladies were on a hen do, none of them could possibly be important or be GCH and we're just as 'entitled' as the OP thinks he is.

secondly I think the CSM and/or captain made a sensible operational decision to move a group on a hen do to an area that would be less disruptive to the people that were already enjoying their lovely CW seats on a CE flight.
I made this point earlier - who knows, one of the members of the hen party may have been a Prem.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Reading through the last page or so of repetition and rule violations by various posters, and noting that the OP has withdrawn from constructive discussion of the topic in hand, it's time to close the thread.

/mod team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.