Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
​​​​​​
Yes, my meal consisted of the chicken, grain salad, a bread plate, and a pot of Lily O'brien dessert.
That is the standard offer on LGW flights; LHR is slightly different.
Recently, it was 'enhanced' to a salad with cheese and crackers and a dessert pot, or the panini option with a small side salad served on the bread plate and the dessert pot. But from recent pics it looks like either option now comes with just a dessert, but served on the bread plate (as with the afternoon tea service).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
With the Paris Orly flights shifting to London City, does this mean a full 3-course hot meal will be served on this flight as on other LCY Club Europe flights?

What do the shortest LCY routes get at breakfast and dinner times?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Evening dinner flight back to LGW from the Med, 14 in CE, main course choices :

"Thyme roasted chicken"
Or
"Spicy corn & paneer masala"

8 portions of chicken were loaded, which (entirely predictably, IMHO) ran out at the 8th passenger, leaving just the masala for the other 6.

Cue lots of disgruntlement and bad-mouthing of BA at the back of the cabin, all for want of a few extra portions or someone with the sense to get the ratio right.

"Sometimes, it works out OK" says the senior crew member.

Happy days.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:54 am

So just to clarify please, even leaving at 10.30 to AGP in CE we will get the full 3 course meal?
Seems early to be served what would be a lunch style food, hope it's not spicy!
Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
So just to clarify please, even leaving at 10.30 to AGP in CE we will get the full 3 course meal?
Seems early to be served what would be a lunch style food, hope it's not spicy!
Thanks
It's a Long flight in CE terms, there are only 2 meal services, and when breakfast ends at 09:30, the meal service turns into lunch/dinner. It will be well past 11 hrs by the time your meal is served, and you can see the 3 meal Rotation menus upthread, so you can work out now what you will be getting.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:02 am

Thanks corporate-wage-slave I'll try and find the menus you mention, it's not for a few weeks though.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not much mention of kids meals. Over the next month I have 4 flights on LHR/DUB in CE travelling with a child. Having looked on here she has requested a kids meal for each of these flights that cover breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. I recall last time we flew this route that the kids meals were quite substantial and included a fruit shoot and M&Ms. Not the healthiest but good for keeping a kids quiet. Let's see how we stack up this time.

BA830 LHR/DUB 1405 Dep Afternoon Tea
Three finger sandwiches. Chicken and cheese on white. Slice of cake - same as standard so not really child friendly although I enjoyed the extra slice. Not much to the meal overall. No separate kids drink, and certainly no M&Ms.

BA833 DUB/LHR 0855 Dep Breakfast
Same as adult meal. Full English or veggie omelette. Yogurt was same as adult but was labelled as special - child's.

Last edited by madfish; Jul 26, 2017 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC; Miles & More; TAP Victoria; Flying Blue
Goodbye BA.....

PMI-LHR this month in CE.
First off, the crew were absolutely charming and marvellous but spent a lot of time apologising. 54 pax in Club and two of them finished the service with 30 mins to spare. The tipping point for an extra crew member is 35 pax in Club, but I guess due to the Mixed Fleet strike they were on minimum legal crew requirement (which is 4 for the A321!), and it was full.

The drinks round took an hour to get to us, they had run out of hot towels, nuts, ice, lemons, glasses and tonic water (I know this happens, and the four of us cleared out the Palma lounge tonics which the crew found highly amusing, suggesting we might have done this before!). The gin and tonics consisted of warm gin in a plastic beaker. Then the food arrived and was equally disappointing, the very small chicken/chicken salad and small slice of cake (not even a cheese plate – which I am led to believe should have been there).
These are the standards of a Third world country for nearly £400 a ticket.
If this was a restaurant I would refuse to pay; if it was another service industry I would demand my money back. The management should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, cost-cutting is very evident and has gone too far.

I have burped off a long complaint to BA but only expect to receive a couple of thousand Avios. Have booked my October return with Swiss for £80 a head less with a short connection.
Goodbye BA..........
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ned Bartrolley
PMI-LHR this month in CE.
That certainly is a disappointing flight, there should have been 5 or even 6 crew members on an A321 on this. PMI also suffers from being one of the longest "medium" flights, IBZ next door is "long", though I'm not sure the crew would have managed hot meals with limited crew.

If you feel strongly about this, then I would suggest you pursue BA for a refund on a proportion of your fare which they failed to deliver on. You can let BA decide what it should be, as you seem to have done, but there's nothing to stop you deciding what is appropriate and then using the several channels open to you to pursue the matter.

Nevertheless welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum Ned Bartrolley, I note that you won't be travelling BA again, but nevertheless I hope you will continue to watch this forum, it is interesting even for non travellers.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
First experience of the new CE food service on the 872 to Krakow last Wednesday. Full cabin on 16 in CE. Really tasty chicken with pepper risotto main course, well worth the extra Avios over ET on this "long" band flight.

The cabin manager (not sure I can name him) was an absolute credit to BA, extremely personable and natural around customers. One of the best BA crew members I've dealt with and I'll be submitting a well done. Our glasses were never empty!

He was working solo in CE until the last ~35 mins of a 2 hour flight when another crew member appeared from ET to assist. I assume that this would be strike-related as I'm sure that there should have been 2 crew in CE? I believe that there were 4 cabin crew in total on this A320.

Our main meals were slow to arrive, with teas/coffees still being handed out well in to the descent to KRK. It didn't feel chaotic, and given this was a largely leisure crowd at a sociable time of day I didn't feel that it detracted significantly from enjoying the flight.

CE seat is still 'meh' but that's European short haul business class...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I have burped off a long complaint to BA but only expect to receive a couple of thousand Avios.
I'd be amazed if you even got a few thousand Avios - I expect you will simply get a cut and paste email acknowledging that you were "disappointed", that this wasn't the "service you were expecting" and promising to pass your feedback "on" [to the bin].
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:50 am

I have burped off a long complaint to BA but only expect to receive a couple of thousand Avios. Have booked my October return with Swiss for £80 a head less with a short connection.
Goodbye BA..........
Would be good to know if you do actually get anything. I have complained and was told as they still offered food there was nothing they would give me for this.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA bronze
BA 434 LHR- AMS avoid the pulled beef and cheese panini like the plague!

Totally inedible.

On the way back on the BA 439 had the ploughman's option which was so much better.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Any experiences of the Asian Veg or similar special meals on the medium bands? Trying to dodge the 'salad or stodge'. Got a lovely curry on AY recently - much better than the awful giant meatball on the outbound.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ENTP
Any experiences of the Asian Veg or similar special meals on the medium bands? Trying to dodge the 'salad or stodge'. Got a lovely curry on AY recently - much better than the awful giant meatball on the outbound.
There were reports towards the beginning showing all options (including Asian vegetarian and kids!) except kosher were one of two spml such as vegetarian sushi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.