FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:06 am
Ned Bartrolley

Programs: BAEC; Miles & More; TAP Victoria; Flying Blue
Goodbye BA.....

PMI-LHR this month in CE.
First off, the crew were absolutely charming and marvellous but spent a lot of time apologising. 54 pax in Club and two of them finished the service with 30 mins to spare. The tipping point for an extra crew member is 35 pax in Club, but I guess due to the Mixed Fleet strike they were on minimum legal crew requirement (which is 4 for the A321!), and it was full.

The drinks round took an hour to get to us, they had run out of hot towels, nuts, ice, lemons, glasses and tonic water (I know this happens, and the four of us cleared out the Palma lounge tonics which the crew found highly amusing, suggesting we might have done this before!). The gin and tonics consisted of warm gin in a plastic beaker. Then the food arrived and was equally disappointing, the very small chicken/chicken salad and small slice of cake (not even a cheese plate – which I am led to believe should have been there).
These are the standards of a Third world country for nearly £400 a ticket.
If this was a restaurant I would refuse to pay; if it was another service industry I would demand my money back. The management should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, cost-cutting is very evident and has gone too far.

I have burped off a long complaint to BA but only expect to receive a couple of thousand Avios. Have booked my October return with Swiss for £80 a head less with a short connection.
Goodbye BA..........