Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
I accept the fact that some out-stations do not have lounge access for eligible BA pax, but these are relatively few in number. On the other-hand if one uses these non-lounge out-stations a lot then this magnifies the issue. But there are very few non-lounge airports that do not offer some sort of catering air-side.

Doc Copper
You should apply for a job at BA.

"Customers tell us they prefer buying a snack at an air-side cafe. Responding to this feedback we have decided to remove Club Europe catering and replace it with C-BOB, our new paid-for afternoon tea from the trolley."

God save the Queen.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
LGW-MLA Clube Europe menus

LGW-MLA
I know that you’re all discussing Afternoon Tea, but this thread also covers (incorrectly) the rotations of menu in the Wiki. Also mentioned throughout is the lack of info on LGW Long flights. So here are both menus.

MLA-LGW

And, of course, no pictures as the VLML both ways consisted of roasted vegetables for starters and chick pea curry for main with a bowl of fruit replacing dessert. Not worth a photo.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by whitespace
I know that you’re all discussing Afternoon Tea, but this thread also covers (incorrectly) the rotations of menu in the Wiki. Also mentioned throughout is the lack of info on LGW Long flights. So here are both menus.
You're right that the rotations in the wiki are wrong, or rather the contents of the rotation, and have been for some time, so I'll amend the wiki to reflect that. Given these rotations will end in their current form in just over 2 weeks I don't think it's worth trying to repair the contents.

There is one minor aspect of the rotations to mull over: the current rotation is monthly, and the new system goes fortnightly (or is it twice a month?). That alone is very good news since frequent travellers who connect currently see an awful lot of sliced beetroot. But will next week's menu be an extension of August's menu? Or will it mark the start of 2 week rotations?
whitespace likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ythe current rotation is monthly, and the new system goes fortnightly (or is it twice a month?). That alone is very good news since frequent travellers who connect currently see an awful lot of sliced beetroot.
It is if the idea is to increase the number of menus that rotate accordingly. If the three menus just change twice faster, it will be of very limited interest for those of us who do travel a lot though.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
For cross-reference purposes, I've put a photo of my AVML medium breakfast in the "post photos of your BA food" thread.

Also had a long chat with the crew on the catering changes which confirm what's been discussed above: the SCCM basically described the change at simply moving back to the previous situation - return to the 4 bands, to hot meals for lunch and dinner (wasn't sure about shorter flights but definitely on band 3), continuation of the afternoon tea but with scones, return of the small bottles on all flights. Her impression was simply that the "new catering" had been a failure from both passengers' and crews' points of view and that rather than a change, that new catering is simply being cancelled. She confirmed that she has logged innumerable complaints about the panini as well as the afternoon tea. She compared the latter to what is given in cheap children parties (her reference, not mine!) and said that she felt embarrassed serving it. She was very positive about the return to small bottles.

I realise that the following is not related to catering, but she also mentioned that she has started logging complaints on virtually every flight operated on NEO aircrafts (I was on a CEO today). On a NCE rotation last week operated by a NEO, C (predictably) extended well into the "new seats" area and C pax were fuming. It is indeed not unusual on NCE flights to have 18 rows of C or morein both 320s and 321s. She also sat on a new seat to try them and said her back ached after merely a couple of minutes. This is not encouraging.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nice to see the SCCM providing meaningful information. If only BA CS were so forthcoming!

The reversion to the previous arrangement shows how little meaningful testing/evaluation goes on before imposing the latest Waterside scheme on the defenceless paying customer.
lhrpete and orbitmic like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards

Chicken Caesar Panini with chocolate slice.

Saturday night - Linate to Heathrow. No menus, no snack with drink. Drink delivered with meal at once.

Chicken Caesar panini (warmed) with chocolate slice. The panini was actually soft, not dried out. Ok flavour but nothing special. Alternative option was mozzarella and tomato salad. Out of 11 in club, only 2 seemed to take the salad. I noticed a bag of bread rolls put in the oven that would have gone to waste. I know that I had bread already, but I felt it was a waste of the butter packet on my tray. Similarly when I received my cuppa, milk had been added so a bit of a waste of the milk carton too.

For a dinner flight I would have expected a little more, such as a side salad maybe. I know it's only a 90/120 min flight, but it was 10pm by the time I got home and when boarding the flight at 6.30 (lounge from 5) I didn't feel like eating that much then, not after a nice lunch in Milan. I'd have been more annoyed if I was in rows 2 to 4 of CE. It's been ages since I've done a CE flight, but the rows looked really cramped.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM/LT GLD, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by dddc

Saturday night - Linate to Heathrow. No menus, no snack with drink. Drink delivered with meal at once.

Chicken Caesar panini (warmed) with chocolate slice. The panini was actually soft, not dried out. Ok flavour but nothing special. Alternative option was mozzarella and tomato salad. Out of 11 in club, only 2 seemed to take the salad. I noticed a bag of bread rolls put in the oven that would have gone to waste. I know that I had bread already, but I felt it was a waste of the butter packet on my tray. Similarly when I received my cuppa, milk had been added so a bit of a waste of the milk carton too.

For a dinner flight I would have expected a little more, such as a side salad maybe. I know it's only a 90/120 min flight, but it was 10pm by the time I got home and when boarding the flight at 6.30 (lounge from 5) I didn't feel like eating that much then, not after a nice lunch in Milan. I'd have been more annoyed if I was in rows 2 to 4 of CE. It's been ages since I've done a CE flight, but the rows looked really cramped.
Had this choice coming back form OSL yesterday. Kind of pathetic. Choice between a non-filling snack and a healthy, heavy, bland option. Strangely, flew SAS Plus out (which isn't marketed or priced as J class) and the food, while served in a box with a plastic spoon, was far tastier.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
I had exactly this back from VIE last night. Having enjoyed a pleasant 3 course affair on my outbound trip to BUD last Weds, this really highlighted to me the stark cut-off between Medium and Long routes. (Not least because I had - idiotically - assumed that VIE was also Long, so skipped dinner on the ground and was horrified (at my own stupidity) to be offered the panini when the trolley came around!). Not bad, but not exactly premium either. Luckily - as so often with BA - all was made better by a good crew and some free-flowing G+Ts.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Flying on the very last rotation on 11 Sep inbound on a longer route from LEI to LHR (and outbound on 4 Sep). Does anyone know what the longer route meal options are? I'm on BA 420 & 421. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Flying on the very last rotation on 11 Sep inbound on a longer route from LEI to LHR (and outbound on 4 Sep). Does anyone know what the longer route meal options are? I'm on BA 420 & 421. Thanks!
I can only make a semi-educated guess about this, since I don't know whether (e.g.) they will continue the August menu for the 11 days of September, or rotate as normal. If it is a normal rotation then:
To Almerķa
Beetroot starter / Chicken tikka masala or fish pie

From Almerķa
King prawn starter / Grilled chicken on pasta or beef cheek on sweetcorn mash.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dddc

Chicken Caesar Panini with chocolate slice.

I had this same snack from AMS the other day following a mix up where I had inadvertently ordered a child meal?? Not sure what happened there but the chap in 1D happily scoffed it instead and it was likely a wise move to add the kids meal ham and cheese to the bread roll rather than eat the poor chicken panini.

I wasn't disappointed really on a 1 hr flight as I had a fizz refill and coffee as well but for medium routes its a terrible offering.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I can only make a semi-educated guess about this, since I don't know whether (e.g.) they will continue the August menu for the 11 days of September, or rotate as normal. If it is a normal rotation then:
To Almerķa

From Almerķa
Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
To Almerķa

From Almerķa
Hope it not the last rotation, as a group of us are flying LHR-LEI-LHR from 22-25/09!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by puqui99
Hope it not the last rotation, as a group of us are flying LHR-LEI-LHR from 22-25/09!

At which point it will be past 11-09-18 & all bets are off anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.