Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rydad1
Can anyone clarify whether seat 8K on a 77M has a window or not?

It looks like it may on the seat map, but I swear I saw a video on Youtube where they said it did not.
It has one. Check out Aerolopa link below which is the most accurate
https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-77m
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Are 15J/15K on a 777-200 in old CW in a loud spot for an overnight flight? If Im being honest, I want to put myself in 15K to help shield others from my potential snoring as much as possible.

i see 15K (bassinet seat) is unblocked now and may snag it and get my son the seat 15J.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:11 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Row 18 and 24 (77W)

Hi all,
I'm having a difficult time finding seat information for BA 0282 (LAX - LHR); Seat Guru doesn't have this configuration. Rows 18 and 24 look like two secluded-ish seats, does anyone have insight on booking these seats? Are they good for a couple, or should we look for standard business seating. Thank you all.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Hi all,
I'm having a difficult time finding seat information for BA 0282 (LAX - LHR); Seat Guru doesn't have this configuration. Rows 18 and 24 look like two secluded-ish seats, does anyone have insight on booking these seats? Are they good for a couple, or should we look for standard business seating. Thank you all.
You'll find much more accurate layout information at aerolopa.com

This is the 77H. See here:

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-77h
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:23 am

Yes, thank you. I did visit this page previously, but there are no seat recommendations by previous flyers, etc. I'm looking for prior experience opinions regarding these specific seats. Thank you for your reply....cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi all,
Yes, thank you. I did visit this page previously, but there are no seat recommendations by previous flyers, etc. I'm looking for prior experience opinions regarding these specific seats. Thank you for your reply....cheers.
The layout is actually staggered in the rows, so 18 and 24 are almost in line with rows 17 and 23 respectively. As it's Club Suites, all the seats are generally quite private anyway unless people are standing around you.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:55 am

Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:54 pm

Just this morning booked EDI-LHR-LAX, BA281 at T-355, which at the moment is scheduled to be on a 77H.

This will be our first Club Suites trip and I do resent the general concept of paying for seats in J. Whilst the whole seat map is currently open, and I could select/pay for seats in the mini-cabin (5,6,7), I am inclined to wait until check-in on the assumption at least one centre pair will be free, and the further assumption that it doesn't make too much difference to the overall experience no matter where one sits on this daytime flight.

Returning from SFO-LHR-EDI (yet to book) which at the moment is scheduled for the A380, I'd rather pay for seats in Club World on the A380 to secure upper deck bulkhead pairs, seems a better investment.

However, I am also hoping F reward availability opens up on either or both legs, the additional taxes being offset by a refund of seat selection fee if that happens. Equally, the SFO-LHR aircraft could switch to something with Club Suites between now and then - not sure what happens to seat selection fee then - as I might not have chosen to pay for seats had it been Club Suites all along?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FlyingCruiser
Just this morning booked EDI-LHR-LAX, BA281 at T-355, which at the moment is scheduled to be on a 77H.

This will be our first Club Suites trip and I do resent the general concept of paying for seats in J. Whilst the whole seat map is currently open, and I could select/pay for seats in the mini-cabin (5,6,7), I am inclined to wait until check-in on the assumption at least one centre pair will be free, and the further assumption that it doesn't make too much difference to the overall experience no matter where one sits on this daytime flight.

Returning from SFO-LHR-EDI (yet to book) which at the moment is scheduled for the A380, I'd rather pay for seats in Club World on the A380 to secure upper deck bulkhead pairs, seems a better investment.

However, I am also hoping F reward availability opens up on either or both legs, the additional taxes being offset by a refund of seat selection fee if that happens. Equally, the SFO-LHR aircraft could switch to something with Club Suites between now and then - not sure what happens to seat selection fee then - as I might not have chosen to pay for seats had it been Club Suites all along?
I doubt any seats will be free in the mini cabin by the day you travel; they are really popular. But seriously, Club Suites don’t really have any bad seats like the old Club. I think you’re right to pay for your desired seats on the A380. You can get seat fees refunded in case of an equipment swap with no issue.
FlyingCruiser likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc
I doubt any seats will be free in the mini cabin by the day you travel; they are really popular. But seriously, Club Suites don’t really have any bad seats like the old Club. I think you’re right to pay for your desired seats on the A380. You can get seat fees refunded in case of an equipment swap with no issue.
Thank you, and sorry, I didn't express myself correctly reading my post back.

At the moment I could pay for seats in the mini-cabin, or wait until check in to pick from what's left in the rest of the J cabin. When I said 'on the assumption at least one centre pair will be free' I was referring (in my head, never managed to spit it out properly!) to the whole J cabin and not the mini-cabin. I hope it's safe to assume at least one centre pair will be free in the remaining J cabin? If not I might as well bite the bullet now and secure seats in the mini-cabin much as it will pain me,

Thanks for confirmation r.e refund of seat fees for an equipment swap - if I paid for CS and was switched to CW, I'd probably keep the ability to chose - but if paid for seats in CW and switched to CS I'd likely ask for the refund.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by FlyingCruiser
Equally, the SFO-LHR aircraft could switch to something with Club Suites between now and then - not sure what happens to seat selection fee then - as I might not have chosen to pay for seats had it been Club Suites all along?
I imagine your chance of that is greater than mine. I'm doing the exact same open-jaw itinerary, on the exact same types of plane , and I'm also flying CS for the first time on the LHR-LAX leg, but that's in Sept/Oct. I've heard the 380s will be going through a refurb program but I don't know when.

I've chosen 2 window seats in the mini cabin but my other half would probably prefer a centre pair, should I have consulted him (best not to - I love window seats). I've picked 53 A/B on the 380. I don't have to pay to select, but if I did I think I'd do exactly as you plan to do - pay for the 380 upper deck and take my chances on the CS.

I wonder whether BA would be more likely to assign centre CS pairs to 2 people travelling together who haven't paid to pre-select, than 2 x windows?

FlyingCruiser likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by ttama
I imagine your chance of that is greater than mine. I'm doing the exact same open-jaw itinerary, on the exact same types of plane , and I'm also flying CS for the first time on the LHR-LAX leg, but that's in Sept/Oct. I've heard the 380s will be going through a refurb program but I don't know when.

I've chosen 2 window seats in the mini cabin but my other half would probably prefer a centre pair, should I have consulted him (best not to - I love window seats). I've picked 53 A/B on the 380. I don't have to pay to select, but if I did I think I'd do exactly as you plan to do - pay for the 380 upper deck and take my chances on the CS.

I wonder whether BA would be more likely to assign centre CS pairs to 2 people travelling together who haven't paid to pre-select, than 2 x windows?

Have a great trip! Yes I didn't even want to tempt fate by mentioning the A380 refurb in my first post as not sure it will have happened by mid-April '25 either but one can hope.

We were previously in 53 J/K on the A380 to MIA, the large storage bins are great (and will be sorely missed on upcoming B789 trip to HND in old CW) and of course both have direct aisle access, so another reason I would pay for these again as other seat pairs would be a 'downgrade' from that experience I think. Plus it's overnight on the return so it would be good for at least one of us to not have someone hopping over our legs.

Because the currently rostered 77H has such a massive number of Club Suites I'm hoping some centre pairs will be available to select (or be allocated) and would imagine for those who can choose, the windows would be more popular (as your decision attests to!). We shall see....
ttama likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I tried going through the thread and searching, but haven't been able to locate the information.

I have an upcoming trip LHR-BOS on what appears to be a 77M if I interpreted the seat map on EF correctly. I'm booked in WT+ and currently assigned 21G. The only two seats currently open in the AB/JK sections are 22A and 20J, and most of the middle 4-seat section is currently open

What would people recommend in terms of leg room and comfort? Given the time of the flight I am intending to read, work and/or watch movies.

Also, I do have a co-worker traveling with me, but we're on separate PNRs and my co-worker has no status and so will not be able to select seats without paying. I don't think it is necessary for the two of us to sit together, but if we wanted to, is there any trick to accomplishing that ahead of check-in?

Thank you.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
What would people recommend in terms of leg room and comfort? Given the time of the flight I am intending to read, work and/or watch movies.

Also, I do have a co-worker traveling with me, but we're on separate PNRs and my co-worker has no status and so will not be able to select seats without paying. I don't think it is necessary for the two of us to sit together, but if we wanted to, is there any trick to accomplishing that ahead of check-in?
I greatly prefer window seats and the BOS flight can run quite quickly so it's not as though one needs to get to the aisle that often (or at all in my case). So I would choose 22A, but I'd prefer a K seat to be out of the line of the sun, which may trail the whole flight. Howeverfor legroom, and provided you don't have an ample waist, row 20 has so much space that the window seat - which will probably be blocked rather than used - can get to the aisle without disturbing you. So lots of space. But you won't be able to watch movies end to end since the TV monitor will have to be stored during taxi, take off and landing, whereas all the other seats have end to end use of their screens. Also the storage space is better outside row 20, such as the water bottle rack, and there is plenty of legroom.

At OLCI your colleague may have some options, but it's possible their ticket allows seat selection at 48 hours if it came via an agency in particular. If you choose an unpopular seat it will be easier to sit together, and that realistically means the middle block. Personally I would forget that factor, and see what happens at OLCI, it's possible 20K will be available, for example.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I greatly prefer window seats and the BOS flight can run quite quickly so it's not as though one needs to get to the aisle that often (or at all in my case). So I would choose 22A, but I'd prefer a K seat to be out of the line of the sun, which may trail the whole flight. Howeverfor legroom, and provided you don't have an ample waist, row 20 has so much space that the window seat - which will probably be blocked rather than used - can get to the aisle without disturbing you. So lots of space. But you won't be able to watch movies end to end since the TV monitor will have to be stored during taxi, take off and landing, whereas all the other seats have end to end use of their screens. Also the storage space is better outside row 20, such as the water bottle rack, and there is plenty of legroom.

At OLCI your colleague may have some options, but it's possible their ticket allows seat selection at 48 hours if it came via an agency in particular. If you choose an unpopular seat it will be easier to sit together, and that realistically means the middle block. Personally I would forget that factor, and see what happens at OLCI, it's possible 20K will be available, for example.
Thank you for the details. I really appreciate it. I do like window seats, but decided to switch to 20J for the leg room and ease of aisle access (unlike you, I expect I'll be getting up at least a few times!). Narrowness of the seat doesn't bother me in the least, nor does the TV access. I've got hands-free video glasses that I've been using lately to watch downloaded content when traveling, which means I can use them during takeoff and landing if I'm not reading.

Hopefully space opens up before departure so I can upgrade to J with my AA SWU. And if not, it sounds like 20J will be perfectly fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.