Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Routes to/from LGW*/LCY/STN are NOT affected. Only flights to/from LHR* are potentially affected. If you think you may be affected, post 2714 (click here) may be helpful.

*The LGW-JFK flight has seen a lot of cancellations for the current strike period.

Current strike period:
  • None

Next announced strike period:

Previous strike periods:
    • 25th December 2016 from 00:01 for 48 hours. (Strike action was suspended following ACAS discussions and revised offer.)
    • 10th & 11th January 2017
    • 19th January 2017 for 72 hours until 21st January
    • 5th-7th & 9th-11th February 2017
    • 17th-20th February 2017
    • 22nd-25th February 2017
    • 3rd-9th March 2017
    • 16th-19th June 2017 (suspended pending further ACAS talks)
    • 1st-16th July 2017
    • 19th July-1st August 2017
    • 2nd-15th August 2017
    • 16th-30th August 2017

Routes affected:
    As a possible indication, for the fifth strike period BA announced the following cancellations:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27910044-post2131.html as well as flights to and from Doha on all affected days (17 - 20 February).

Mixed fleet routes are listed here, though note that other (non Mixed Fleet) flights from Heathrow are also being cancelled.

Note for context in terms of how many routes might actually be affected: there are about 4000 members of MF (of which ~2,700 are Unite members and therefore eligible to take industrial action) and 15,000 total cabin crew

Background Details from BA:
    Strike 19th July-1st August
    2nd August-16th August

Background Details from Unite:
    http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/br...ty-pay-levels/
    http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/br...refuses-talks/

Latest negotiating position:
    Talks at ACAS in June appear to have failed, with a further two week strike commencing 1st July announced on 16th June.

Key upcoming dates:
    • Latest negotiated position (@ 23rd Oct 2017) between BA & Unite to be balloted. Rumoured that the union is recommending acceptance.

Ballot results for industrial action:
    • First ballot, November 2016: Yes 79.5%, No 20.5%
    • Second ballot, December 2016: Yes 70%, No 30%
    • Third ballot, March 2017: Yes 56%, No 44%, turnout 72%
    Print Wikipost

BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:05 pm
    Suspended

Last edited by simonrp84; Jul 1, 2017 at 6:52 am
    Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:11 pm
    Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
    Originally Posted by Flyingandserving
    In the next few months if I'm lucky I will keep my current job but will work for another company who will find a way to push all long serving staff out so they can backfill the positions with even worse contracts than we have now.
    Thanks very much for posting that here, and indeed for joining up with the BA forum and Flyertalk Flyingandserving. It certainly makes for grim reading and I very much hope your fears are not materialised. It must a worrying time for you and those close to you too.
    Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
    BA management appear to be treating MF crew very badly indeed.
    The same BA management should learn from the excellent BA MF crew that flew swmbo and I lhr to aus on Tuesday 4th. Great crew and great service.
    Pity their management are so incompetent.
    Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: FT
    Guess I'll have to watch this thread now with YYZ a MF route and some May flights.
    Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
    Originally Posted by craigc
    Is there any indication of when the next strike may be - I realise we just had ballot and from announcing it must be +14 days?
    On that basis then, it looks like Unite will have to call another ballot as I haven't seen any dates for another strike..
    Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
    Will they re-ballot and try to strike Around the weekend 27th May does anyone think as that is half term in the UK
    Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
    General Election now called so politics as well as industrial issues will form part of any decision methinks.
    Old May 31, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Does anyone with inside knowledge has an update on this? If I remember right, their strike mandate is still valid, so I'm wondering if there's any development on this?
    Old May 31, 2017, 9:09 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
    They have rejected BAs offer, I think that the next meeting is on the 9th June.
    Old May 31, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
    Originally Posted by Can I help you
    They have rejected BAs offer, I think that the next meeting is on the 9th June.
    is it 1 weeks notice that is usually given before strike action?

With BA management taking a very public bashing over the IT fiasco, could be a good time for staff negotiations!
    Old May 31, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by stewaran
    is it 1 weeks notice that is usually given before strike action?

With BA management taking a very public bashing over the IT fiasco, could be a good time for staff negotiations!
    2 weeks notice (change in legislation). Yes, after all the negative press, more bad news wouldn't be great for BA.

Thanks for the update, going to Helsinki end of June.
    Old May 31, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Anyone fancy joining them?

https://jobs.ba.com/jobs/londonheathrowmixedfleet/
    Old May 31, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
    Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
    2 weeks notice (change in legislation). Yes, after all the negative press, more bad news wouldn't be great for BA.

Thanks for the update, going to Helsinki end of June.
    Thats good news, Im flying 16 and 17th so 1 week would have ruined my travel
    Old May 31, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
    As London Heathrow Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew you will have the potential to earn, on average, a reward package of between 21,000 and 25,000 per annum. This comprises of a starting salary of 12,192 per annum, an hourly payment when you are flying, bonuses for achieving your performance targets and commission for Inflight Retail sales. Annual leave starting at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
    I am not sure if I will apply as it would be important to me to know if I have the potential to earn 21k or 25k and how average I would be. Typical BA wording.

I am only surprised that they did not word it as "the potential to earn, on average, a reward package of between 12,000 and 34,000 per annum."
    Old May 31, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
    Does anyone with inside knowledge has an update on this?
    Maybe waiting for JC to win the election and re-nationalise BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.