Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by The Lion
They're using the f-word and it's on page 5 of the slides:

http://i.media-server.com/version/14...tcwm_193504248

I'm all for the corporate world becoming less formal and evolving, but this is ridiculous. It's like they're actually saying this to their customers. As in you'll get a worse product yet we still expect you to pay the same for it. So give us more and we'll give you less.

Show me the money and I'll show you a greedy smile.
But this is a presentation to investors, not to passengers - the intended audience want to hear that the company is trying to make money. Yes, passengers/customers can see it because it's in the public domain, but is this any different to the cigarette company talking about trying to increase smoking incidence rates in the developing world... that is going to prematurely kill people (which some might think is worse than using an expletive) but that is how the company will make more money.

I am surprised by the level of 'shrinking violetness' around here - as Billy Connolly so memorably put it 'they've not only said it, they've done it as well'
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:34 am

If that transcript is true, what an unbelievably stupid bit of Ratneresque trashing of BA 's class image. As an investor and customer who stood waiting for hours at CW check-in recently due to the FLY chaos, I am frankly speechless.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
I've got a screenshot if anyone wants to see it but where can I link it to?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by Bullswood
If that transcript is true, what an unbelievably stupid bit of Ratneresque trashing of BA 's class image. As an investor and customer who stood waiting for hours at CW check-in recently due to the FLY chaos, I am frankly speechless.
Totally agree. It is true however. I've got a screenshot and now posted it on Twitter. Check the slides link above, it's still in there, page 5.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: BA gold

Absolutely staggering indeed. I thought it was a disgruntled employee putting it in and it slipped through by mistake.

For Wee Willie to actually talk about it in such a forum and make another staff member quote ad vertabim is... well I have no words for it. It speaks of utter desperation by those at the helm of IAG.

Just cements my decision earlier this year to not fly BA anymore. A big (expletive) to Willie, I'm showing other airlines my money.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:43 am

Are we living in a universe where the movies Vice Versa or Face Off have become true, and Willie Walsh & Michael O'Leary swapped bodies a couple of years ago?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
But this is a presentation to investors, not to passengers - the intended audience want to hear that the company is trying to make money. Yes, passengers/customers can see it because it's in the public domain, but is this any different to the cigarette company talking about trying to increase smoking incidence rates in the developing world... that is going to prematurely kill people (which some might think is worse than using an expletive) but that is how the company will make more money.

I am surprised by the level of 'shrinking violetness' around here - as Billy Connolly so memorably put it 'they've not only said it, they've done it as well'
I doubt anyone on here cares less about little Willy dropping the F-bomb. We all know IAG is there to make money - it's a publically traded business with a clear mandate and responsibility to its shareholders. It's just the context of it all that seems wrong - ie, I'm the CEO of IAG and I WANT TO SEE THE BLEEPING MONEY. Screw the poor sods who actually have to sit in their new 10 abreast factory-farmed seats for 12 hours. Screw those that queue up for 20 minutes to use the one toilet left on the plane. Screw those who might be hungry and expecting a sandwich or something. Screw them all 'cos Willy wants to see the money.

I'm sorry, but it's a very poor show on their part. I hope the media pick it up and it gets a bit of airtime.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Common, crude, down-market, plebeian and lacking any semblance of dignity ... what next? A slide saying "Where's my F-ing Honorary Knighthood?"

This whole process is becoming akin to the Harrod's Food Hall becoming a self-service supermarket selling Waitrose Essentials produce.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
It just proves what we've known all along really, but to be so blatant about it sums them all up. What a bunch of you know whats!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by peck
I doubt anyone on here cares less about little Willy dropping the F-bomb. We all know IAG is there to make money - it's a publically traded business with a clear mandate and responsibility to its shareholders. It's just the context of it all that seems wrong - ie, I'm the CEO of IAG and I WANT TO SEE THE BLEEPING MONEY. Screw the poor sods who actually have to sit in their new 10 abreast factory-farmed seats for 12 hours. Screw those that queue up for 20 minutes to use the one toilet left on the plane. Screw those who might be hungry and expecting a sandwich or something. Screw them all 'cos Willy wants to see the money.

I'm sorry, but it's a very poor show on their part. I hope the media pick it up and it gets a bit of airtime.
^^ Exactly
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:07 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Calchas
This is most unprofessional. They are supposed to be running an airline, not a playground.

Edit: Is this from last year or is the date on the transcript wrong?
If it's from this year, they've faked the metadata on the PDF to make it look older...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Rust
Download link for anyone after the slides - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbzf02xnx8...lides.pdf?dl=0
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

As a shareholder I look for a competent board, this just makes them look like children who don't give a toss. It's crass and frankly embarrassing.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I've tweeted the magical slide to BA, see if they react to it
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by dsf
If it's from this year, they've faked the metadata on the PDF to make it look older...
Looking at their website, IAG's CMD last year was on the 6 November and so I think this was all in last year's discussion. Clearly the reference to it in today's presentation was supposed to serve as a reminder of the approach that WW et al were going to be pursuing.

Surprised that no one picked up on it from last year's transcript.

GD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.