Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Market not impressed. IAG down nearly 4% (albeit in a generally down day so far).
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:46 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Is it just me or does the page hang when you try to download the PDF?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
10 abreast Y in the LGW 777s confirmed.
Not only LGW - "25 B777s will be converted to 10-abreast"
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
How? Or don't I want to know. Are they going to cut space from CE as well?
I don't think they said
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Reduction in F. I wonder what these routes are and whether planes will be reconfigured, or if 787s (both 8 and 9) will replace existing aircraft over time. Has there been any further information on the reconfiguration of the 772s to remove F?

The 10 abreast LGW 777s look grim. Will they at least be the new seats?

Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Worcester
How? Or don't I want to know. Are they going to cut space from CE as well?
Well, CE is obviously already a flexible product in terms of numbers of seats, but would they dare to use the middle seat?

Or could they remove any cupboards or WCs/gallies?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:53 am

£400m investment in CW: Ambition to create an experience that exceeds that of our key competitors

Transform food & drink - radical improvement in quality and presentation, increase choice through pre-order
Step change in service - premium service training, complete redesign of service routine, performance management
Best night’s sleep - new ambience to maximise sleep, better soft product including bedding, new seat in development
Best ground service - 'First Wing' opening at LHR in 2017, new LGW lounge opens in Jan 2017, new Boston lounge coming soon
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cosmo74
£400m investment in CW: Ambition to create an experience that exceeds that of our key competitors

Transform food & drink - radical improvement in quality and presentation, increase choice through pre-order
Step change in service - premium service training, complete redesign of service routine, performance management
Best night’s sleep - new ambience to maximise sleep, better soft product including bedding, new seat in development
Best ground service - 'First Wing' opening at LHR in 2017, new LGW lounge opens in Jan 2017, new Boston lounge coming soon
Key competitors = Ryanair and Norwegian now?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
What an awful airline BA has become!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Key competitors = Ryanair and Norwegian now?
Seems that way, in terms of 'Traveller' cabins they talk about 'Seat density/unbundling drive price competitiveness' - unbundling is the worrying word there.

However, they plan to differentiate with 'brand, network, loyalty, service, reliability'
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:01 am

Was it my imagination or did anyone else see a flash of a rather tasteless slide ( a photo of WW with an expletive re money) at the beginning of the live feed?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
So 180 seats on an A320 - thats the same as EZY currently - yet ezy dont sell CE. Seems like it will be even tighter on BA in CE now. I didnt think it could get worse.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by ANstar
So 180 seats on an A320 - thats the same as EZY currently - yet ezy dont sell CE. Seems like it will be even tighter on BA in CE now. I didnt think it could get worse.
I would imagine they're removing the cupboards/galley area from the front of the plane like on other LCC. I can't imagine they can continue the current level of CE service with that space gone so I guess CE will get the same service as ET but for free.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
Originally Posted by Bullswood
Was it my imagination or did anyone else see a flash of a rather tasteless slide ( a photo of WW with an expletive re money) at the beginning of the live feed?
Yes

Mod note: Whilst quoting from the presentation, FT does not permit the use of expletives - including when disguised with other characters. This part of the post has been removed.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Nov 4, 2016 at 5:51 am Reason: Remove expletive
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:14 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Really bad news!

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Densification of LHR A320s (from 168 - 180 seats) and A321s (from 205 to 218 seats)
Thanks for sharing that info. With that new low pitch/seat spacing BA is definitely a low cost, no frills carrier.

Even one row more than Air Berlin in it's A321:
https://www.airberlin.com/de/site/se...atTyp=A321_200

and similar to a low cost carrier from Russia. I hope that this is not the new style of BA.....

Will be interesting to see of the customers accept this new low in comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.