Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
Do you have a link for that .pdf please?
I downloaded it by pressing a button in the corner of the live webcast dialogue box. But I see that it is now no longer available. A copy of the presentation (minus the introductory slides for the IAG CMD including the one I posted) is available on the website at:
http://www.iagshares.com/phoenix.zht...-presentations

GD
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Joely
To the average Y passenger, who probably flies long haul once a year for their holidays, they see BA as a "luxury" brand.
The risk here, as has been mentioned numerous times, is that this perception is unlikely to last forever in the light of already announced changes (e.g. BoB) and potential future changes (which I assume the unbundling in Y refers to). At some point the average Y passenger will realise that there is no "premium".

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Joely
If it only affects Y I don't think IAG really care.

To the average Y passenger, who probably flies long haul once a year for their holidays, they see BA as a "luxury" brand. Their grounds for comparison is easyjet and ryanair plus to some extent BA is recognized as premium by the public as BA market themselves as such and they have the history of being one. Theses pax buy on cost, not value, and so if BA can drive down costs the passengers will become more likely to fly them as they will see a cheap seat on, what they perceive to be, a premium carrier. I have many friends who talk about never flying low cost carriers again and only BA not realising that BA is just as bad these days but they still have the image of BA as better because that is the brand recognition they have built up.

For IAG its a win-win, they make more profits (same aircraft more pax) and it allows them to compete in the LCC market as they offer similar costs but people perceive a benefit of flying them as they think they have a better service.
The once a year traveller is one group. But there are lots of average Y travellers who travel 3-4 times a year visiting family. This group will quickly realise their perception was incorrect.
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Schwann
But how many passengers care/notice about this? Perhaps most don't care if they're getting their £350 returns to Orlando...
Yes they will notice. They did notice on AF, AA, KL, etc just like pax noticed airlines switching to BoB, luggage fees, reduction in number of toilets, reduction in number of hand luggage item etc where they occur. so unless one assumes that BA pax are blinder, deafer, or a bit less gifted intellectually than average, I think we should stop questioning whether pax are dimwits who are unaware of service elements and acknowledge that most do notice the service they get and the comfort and space of their seat. Of course many pax may also 'accept' enhancement, that's another matter entirely, but notice is not really in question.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
in the avios section, there is a worrying slide which states "Through 2017 the
standalone platforms will be migrated to the Avios platform". The definition of "the standalone platforms" seems to be BAEC and Iberia Plus. Not entirely sure what this means ?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:08 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, there have been some posts containing the exact swear word used on a slide alongside a picture of Willie Walsh. Whilst understanding that this is a direct quote from the presentation, and therefore something of a borderline case, FT does not permit the use of expletives and the presentation does not really leave any doubt to the imagination as to the word used.

Please bear in mind that FT may well be viewed in offices and in front of families, and having this unexpectedly pop up may be inappropriate for many. Please just provide a link to any material containing the word, and not quote the word itself.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

/mod
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by A P Yu
The once a year traveller is one group. But there are lots of average Y travellers who travel 3-4 times a year visiting family. This group will quickly realise their perception was incorrect.
Completely wrong. There is a huge group that have to travel in Economy due to Corporate Policies who book at short notice and without a Saturday night stay. That's my case. My flights from Paris to South Africa via London cost averagely £1500 and it is in Economy. With the BoB now and deteriorating customer service, I am going to reduce my BA travel and I am happy to downgrade to Silver (I am Gold and it is all done with Economy Travel). I am happily going to increase my Air France flying as they are now better in all aspects: Better food, no BoB and you can double upgrade from Economy to Business using your Miles if you have the highest Economy Fare Buckets which I usually do have...

Enough of this miserable stingy BA which was my favorite airline.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cosmo74
One thing that may actually be a positive, and I don't think has been mentioned so far, is they are planning to introduce 'self-service rebooking' during disruptions - there's a picture of a mobile phone below that, so I assume this would be via the app.
it might be a positive BUT the next sentence after they announced this was words to the effect of "this will allow us to significantly reduce staff at rebooking counters at airports, and also numbers of staff at our call centres" so lets wait and see what this looks like in practice...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
I'd be quite amused to see this slide - any chance someone could post it somewhere and then link to it?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:14 am

Re the slide with "show me the expletive deleted money" next to photo of WW. Still there on my log in - an unbelievable way to introduce cuts & reports of poor punctuality due recent check-in chaos. Not setting a great example of communication skill to customer service staff either, I'd suggest, but hey, this is the new BA!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Folks, there have been some posts containing the exact swear word used on a slide alongside a picture of Willie Walsh. Whilst understanding that this is a direct quote from the presentation, and therefore something of a borderline case, FT does not permit the use of expletives and the presentation does not really leave any doubt to the imagination as to the word used.

Please bear in mind that FT may well be viewed in offices and in front of families, and having this unexpectedly pop up may be inappropriate for many. Please just provide a link to any material containing the word, and not quote the word itself.

/mod
Thanks for the clarification NWIFlyer. I noticed that the picture had been removed which made me think, perhaps mischeviously, that we were brow-beaten by IAG into removing the image

But the incriminating word in the slide did have a plane replacing one of the letters. Isn't that the same as those posts that we've all seen that include naughty words with a letter/some letters replaced with (an) asterisk(s)??

GD
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold

/mod
Personally I would really like to see the image re-instated on here (it really did have to be seen to be believed). I think if BA/IAG felt it was acceptable to include it in a presentation to their investors then it should be acceptable content on here, particularly as the offending word wasn't fully spelt out. It really did sum up how the company feels about their customers - and I hope gets picked up by the press.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Quite right, but I find this hilarious. If someone can PM a link to it (must be on twitter by now!) i'd love to see it
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Personally I would really like to see the image re-instated on here (it really did have to be seen to be believed). I think if BA/IAG felt it was acceptable to include it in a presentation to their investors then it should be acceptable content on here, particularly as the offending word wasn't fully spelt out. It really did sum up how the company feels about their customers - and I hope gets picked up by the press.
Well said
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Originally Posted by A P Yu
There are a lot of Y-travelers like me, who have a company policy for Y only, unless W is the same price. This is uniform in my company across all levels and regardless of flight length. I fly once or twice each month.

I know there are some companies that are more generous to C-suite executives and for very long haul, but the growing reality is that Y is where a lot of business travel is forced to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.