Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aidy

however isn’t there the unofficial no need for silly security questions if it shows on the boarding pass, I didn’t have any on my last LHR-JFK flight
Sadly no guarantee - had the fun of SSSS even with TSA Pre
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Update - asked check-in agent about the absence of precheck indicator on mobile bp. She tried to print a paper BP and it showed precheck.

TSA people at priority security at T7 are nice, friendly and polite. Precheck rocks. 30 seconds to pass security.

Thanks all!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by KARFA

I have never had the silly security question on ba even pre TSApre. I don’t tend to do the US carriers for TATLs.
I must of mixed up with the US carriers

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Sadly no guarantee - had the fun of SSSS even with TSA Pre
Fully agree however this I meant the stupid questions (notably AA, where do you work, do you have a cat etc), i had intl SSSS for years even with GE, its only just dropped of for me recently
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:45 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
I am trying to apply for TSA PreCheck / Global Entry / Nexus (or whatever I'm eligible for).

I'm a Canadian citizen / passport holder resident in the UK for the last 25 years.

I've been following different links to apply and get stopped at the same stage...asking for a mailing address in the USA...which I don't have.

How can I get TSA PreCheck as a Canadian citizen living in the UK?

(I'm pulling out what's left of my hair)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by LE2
I am trying to apply for TSA PreCheck / Global Entry / Nexus (or whatever I'm eligible for).

I'm a Canadian citizen / passport holder resident in the UK for the last 25 years.

I've been following different links to apply and get stopped at the same stage...asking for a mailing address in the USA...which I don't have.

How can I get TSA PreCheck as a Canadian citizen living in the UK?

(I'm pulling out what's left of my hair)
Not that this is a question for the BA board but only US citizens and permanent residents can apply for stand alone pre check, Foreign national can get it as part of other programmes such as Global Entry.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:27 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Not that this is a question for the BA board but only US citizens and permanent residents can apply for stand alone pre check, Foreign national can get it as part of other programmes such as Global Entry.
I thought it is was relevant to the BA board as I fly BA and I'm trying to find a way that I can expedite through security in the US (and Canada).

Reading through the various sources I can see that I'm not eligible for TSA PreCheck. However, it's my understanding with Global Entry or Nexus I could use the TSA PreCheck security lines.

I have already attempted months ago to apply for Global Entry and Nexus (which uses the same online application site) and I am unable to complete the application because it is asks for an address in the USA in which mail can be sent.

I have contacted the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Information Center...after a month they replied with a link to their FAQ page which did not answer my question.

If there is another thread on this issue, could someone please let me know as I can't find anything via the Search.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LE2
I thought it is was relevant to the BA board as I fly BA and I'm trying to find a way that I can expedite through security in the US (and Canada).

Reading through the various sources I can see that I'm not eligible for TSA PreCheck. However, it's my understanding with Global Entry or Nexus I could use the TSA PreCheck security lines.

I have already attempted months ago to apply for Global Entry and Nexus (which uses the same online application site) and I am unable to complete the application because it is asks for an address in the USA in which mail can be sent.

I have contacted the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Information Center...after a month they replied with a link to their FAQ page which did not answer my question.

If there is another thread on this issue, could someone please let me know as I can't find anything via the Search.
i would apply for Nexus as 1. its 50CAD instead of 100USD and 2. you can use it for the US and Canada.

For the address you need to apply on the Canadian version and if it insists on an address, can you use a families one over there? My wife uses her grandmothers in Northern Ontario with no issues,
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by aidy

however isn’t there the unofficial no need for silly security questions if it shows on the boarding pass, I didn’t have any on my last LHR-JFK flight
My wife and I both had Pre on AA LHR-ORD in September 2017 and still got silly security questions (including "how far is Oxford from Heathrow?")
T8191 and aidy like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As I have observed previously on other related Threads, we get TSA Pre all the time without joining any program[me].... have done for 3-4 years, IIRC. Whether it’s BAEC Gold, OAPs, profiling or just fairly regular US visitors we have no idea. But we are grateful!
nwmgc likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by LE2

The best place to look is the Trusted Travellers sub-forum - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/

I got Global Entry as a UK citizen, having to get a Home Office check prior to the GE process, but your situation is slightly more complicated. I suggest reading the sub-forum and posting there if you can't find the answer.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Does travelling on a AY marketed, BA operated flight (JFK-LHR) prevent you adding KTN to a booking. I don't have the option to add it to the passenger details.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
Does travelling on a AY marketed, BA operated flight (JFK-LHR) prevent you adding KTN to a booking[?]
No idea, but call BA and see if they can add it to the Operating PNR.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
Does travelling on a AY marketed, BA operated flight (JFK-LHR) prevent you adding KTN to a booking. I don't have the option to add it to the passenger details.
Could you clarify where you are trying to do this? On Finnair or BA?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DHS does not care about code shares. All that matters is the operating carrier of the aircraft. Your KTN must be in the PNR of the operating carrier, e.g. BA. As AY participates in GE, entering it with AY ought to cause it to appear for BA, but one can't be certain without checking the operating carrier.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Could you clarify where you are trying to do this? On Finnair or BA?
i had been trying on BA but it wasn’t on Finnair either. I did notice after posting that I have a second PNR for the trip which seems to be linked in some way and I can add my KTN there so I’ve done that and will hope for the best.

The itinerary is a mix of BA, AY codeshare operated by BA and a CX flight which seems to have caused a problem somewhere as BA.com sent me in an endless loop between BA,com and finnair.com for seat selection on the codeshare flight. Gold line had to assign my seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.