Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by living near shamu
First time flyer in BA going LHR-AUS pretty soon and currently seating on 40H but can change seats thanks to OWS. Checking thebasource.com it says those seats don't have power and the plane has no wifi. Is this correct?
Aircraft type would help for those of us who don't memorise the timetables and routes prob a 747 from BA source, if so can't offer much advice beyond the fact that if you dont need to be off in a hurry, the pairs at the back are probably worth getting, for the space to the side. Meal choice will be.... Well not a choice
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Aircraft type would help for those of us who don't memorise the timetables and routes prob a 747 from BA source, if so can't offer much advice beyond the fact that if you dont need to be off in a hurry, the pairs at the back are probably worth getting, for the space to the side. Meal choice will be.... Well not a choice
Thanks Bertie! I updated the picture. :-)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:46 pm

Personally, and my experience is limited, if travelling as a 2, I like the rear pairs. Toilet noise is not really an issue, you'll be at the back of the queue for CBP, meal by then will be pasta or pasta. Despite that, the space by the side makes it all worthwhile IMHO. I cut my BA teeth in WT, and I enjoyed my last one in 52 pair, insomuch as you can enjoy WT.

Maybe consider ordering a meal, we did, got served first and chatting to the crew and generally friendly demeanour works wonders for your wine allocation
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct no Wi-fi or seat power, did you choose 40H as it looks like there is more legroom because it’s a standard seat with no extra legroom?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct no Wi-fi or seat power, did you choose 40H as it looks like there is more legroom because it’s a standard seat with no extra legroom?
Bummer on the no wifi/power. I got it auto-assigned by BA though I can move around. I was trying to get an exit row but there's a fee.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu
Bummer on the no wifi/power. I got it auto-assigned by BA though I can move around. I was trying to get an exit row but there's a fee.
Sadly, BA Silver/OWS still need to pay for exit on longhaul. Free to Gold/OWE so go on a tier point run
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:05 pm

Also the cost used to be $85 but now says $95. Price fluctuates?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Gold
Flying on a 747 from JFK to LHR tomorrow night. Any advice on 40C vs 40G?

I'm tall at 6'1" and my principal aim is maximizing leg room.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
can someone help me with better than most seats on the 744 two cabin WT ? are the opposing seats as confined as the 787?

Any help would be appreciated
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by edgewood49
can someone help me with better than most seats on the 744 two cabin WT ? are the opposing seats as confined as the 787?

Any help would be appreciated
Assuming you don't have the ability to grab the exit row, and that you prefer an aisle, I would go for 51/52/53 C or H. (B or K if you like the window). Those are in pairs of two. The complaint in some quarters that they are near the bathrooms is a bit overdone, since those are tucked quite a way back, and you might get lucky and have no one in the seat next to you.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
787-9

Hi,
I will be travelling to SEZ on a 787-9 and we will be 2 persons travelling.
Which one is the ‘least worse’ seat to pick in the WT cabin?
The exit row (30B/C or 30H/J) or the duo seats row 43?
Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Bastien003
Hi,
I will be travelling to SEZ on a 787-9 and we will be 2 persons travelling.
Which one is the ‘least worse’ seat to pick in the WT cabin?
The exit row (30B/C or 30H/J) or the duo seats row 43?
Thanks
Personally I'd take an exit row, the ability to stretch out would more than trump it for me despite the loo being there. Here is a video and you can see the WT cabin and the exit seats at 1:35 and 2:35 as a picture paints a thousand words as the old saying goes

Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CheVive
Flying on a 747 from JFK to LHR tomorrow night. Any advice on 40C vs 40G?

I'm tall at 6'1" and my principal aim is maximizing leg room.
Hi @CheVive. What seat did you go for and how did 40C or 40G compare on board?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
Hi @CheVive. What seat did you go for and how did 40C or 40G compare on board?
I went with 40C. Overall impression was that it wasn't too bad. No one leaning into you, and the bulkhead doesn't fully cover the space in front, so you can stretch your right leg out easily, and your left if you are OK with some stretching. Seat was fairly narrow. Didn't get a good look at 40G. The seat across from 40C (40D?) was definitely worse insofar as the bulkhead fully covered the leg space in front.
gcuk likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:56 am

Economy on 777 seats for 2 or Emergency Exit

Hi

Undecided on taking the seats for 2 at the back of the plane or moving to emergency exit row 32. Two of us travelling to Orlando, I will drop to silver this month and hubby is silver if makes any difference on any potential seat blocking. Not sure if the emergency door sticks out a lot, think its a 777 200 ER. I took the 2 seats at the back recently and was fine but I almost always get someone in front of me who reclines all the way back for the duration of the flight so that's why I'm considering moving.

Glad to hear of opinions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.