Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Hi. Wondering if someone can help here. I'll by flying BDA (Bermuda) - LGW in December and I have currently booked 4 WTP seats. It's for me, my wife and our 2 young toddlers. I have selected the bank of 4 seats in the front row of WTP but, now I'm thinking that might not be a good idea. As far as I recall, the tray tables are in the armrest and so the neat is a bit narrower and the armrest doesn't raise. Is that correct?

Given the ages of our kids, I think we'd prefer a row of 4 seats where the armrests lift up, so they can lean up against us while they sleep. Any thoughts? It's scheduled on a Boeing 777.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

That's correct, the arm rests are fixed in WTP.

How old are the children? If they're over 2 then maybe 2 x twin pairs, assuming they're available, with a parent on the aisle?

Or alternatively a few rows back in a middle 4.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
That's correct, the arm rests are fixed in WTP.

How old are the children? If they're over 2 then maybe 2 x twin pairs, assuming they're available, with a parent on the aisle?

Or alternatively a few rows back in a middle 4.
They're both 2. I was thinking of moving a few rows back, or taking two rows of two on the aisle. But it is just the first row where arm rests are fixed, right?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by the_outcast
They're both 2. I was thinking of moving a few rows back, or taking two rows of two on the aisle. But it is just the first row where arm rests are fixed, right?
Thanks for clarifying the ages, they'll need their own seats then. All WTP armrests between seats are fixed so unfortunately it would be very difficult to have them lie on your lap compared to economy where the armrests do lift up.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
Thanks for clarifying the ages, they'll need their own seats then. All WTP armrests between seats are fixed so unfortunately it would be very difficult to have them lie on your lap compared to economy where the armrests do lift up.
Oh yikes, I hadn't realized they were all fixed. I have booked them their own seats already, but in hindsight, I might not have booked premium economy had I realized. Anyway, I think I'll switch to two rows of two as the bank of four might feel a bit crowded.

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by the_outcast
Oh yikes, I hadn't realized they were all fixed. I have booked them their own seats already, but in hindsight, I might not have booked premium economy had I realized. Anyway, I think I'll switch to two rows of two as the bank of four might feel a bit crowded.

Thanks for your help!
Hindsight is wonderful!

Personally, two rows of two is what I would do too.
the_outcast likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
We usually take the row of 4 bulkhead seats. Makes it far easier as a family.
the_outcast likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
WT+ TLV to LHR to YVR return

I have read the posts (thanks to all).....TLV to LHR is a morning flight. LHR to YVR is an afternoon flight chasing the setting sun all day. Return YVR is a night flight arriving afternoon LHR and an evening flight LHR to TLV

All cabin seats are currently open for the trip early 2020. Suggestions? I am 5 10 so the limited bulkhead seems to be fine. Travelling alone and have Silver to allow me to choose right away. I would like to get this right as I usually fly economy. I chose WT+ because the difference in price between cabins is a $100 USD each way and the tier points increase from 140 to 360. Ticket price was $1165 USD.

Flight is on WT+ with rows starting 11....left hand side first row with first class toilets in front. of the bulkhead...an issue? Other side has first class galley. Bulkheads on A350 which is travelling between TLV and LHR?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:44 am

So I can't help specifically with comments around the toilets or the A350 - but I can speak to the bulkhead.

I'm 5'10" too.

I would choose a bulkhead for a day flight generally for a couple of reasons:
1) You can bring down the bassinet point for extra storage - I find it useful for putting my laptop on while I eat (I tend to bring my own content on my laptop) and then putting my tray on when I'm finished.
2) it's possible to get out of the row without disturbing your seat mate with a little jump (CW style!) over their legs

However, it's entirely possible someone will want the bassinet position for legitimate reasons - so you can end up with a baby.

I wouldn't take one without the bassinet position - the screens have to be put away for take off and landing (which *is* annoying if you don't have your content on a tablet) - and you don't get the foot rest from the other seats.

Night flight - I wouldn't ever take a bulkhead position now. I used to - I always thought they were better until I was forced into a non-bulkhead seat one night. My legs, even when stretched, will push up against the bulkhead (I tend to slip down as I sleep in those chairs) - and the non-bulkhead seats allow unlimited leg room for stretched legs. My knees won't touch the seat in front etc. So it's much more comfortable - and since you're asleep, put yourself next to a window, stretch out, put the sleep mask on and snore away (quietly of course!)

But again - it's horses for courses. I go straight to sleep once we're past 10,000 feet. If you want to watch a movie, eat and then maybe have a wander before getting an hour nap - then it's a different choice.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I am planning to fly London - Vancouver on the 21st of November (BA85) and come back on the 28th (BA84). I have a feeling that this particular 747 has the old WTP with some very old IFE. Can anyone double check if thats the case? Is it the new WTP or old cabin?
Many thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:44 am

See the Wiki in this thread which has more details. Roughly a 50% chance of a refurbished one with the new IFE.

Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh

A few days before you can check which registration is due to fly on your specific dates.
ermis177 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:34 am

77W WTP exit row

Seeing mixed reviews elsewhere for 22A/K on the 777-300. I know in practical terms it lacks a proper window view, but when it comes to legroom is it truly unlimited or is there a protrusion from the emergency slide at the exit?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s unlimited as there is no internal emergency slide bustle on the B777-300 at doors 3.
jk156 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:47 am

Least bad seats - BA55 (A380)

Hi all,

Suspect I already know the reply but worth asking; booked my mum WT+ on a redemption and it looks like there are only really poor seats available to pay for ... 1 middle seat near the front or the poor ones near the toilet.

Available seats are
63E
67DEF
68DEF

Do more sears become available after check in or is this it?

Is 67 better than 68 or still poor? Would it be safe ish to book one then change it?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by TazUK
Hi all,

Suspect I already know the reply but worth asking; booked my mum WT+ on a redemption and it looks like there are only really poor seats available to pay for ... 1 middle seat near the front or the poor ones near the toilet.

Available seats are
63E
67DEF
68DEF

Do more sears become available after check in or is this it?

Is 67 better than 68 or still poor? Would it be safe ish to book one then change it?
Hello TazUK, welcome to FT and to the BAEC forum in particular. If you provide more information someone can take a look at the specific flight and will probably be able to help more.

rb211.
TazUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.