Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BA6501
That post is about GUFs, not Jokers. Jokers can't be used on Comair.
You're quite right. My mistake.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Long time lurker, first time poster... I'm flying from IAD this week for the first time since I hit 5000 tier points, does the CCR card allow use of the first dining area? I used to visit fairly DC regularly but haven't for a couple of years and my memories is the first dining room in Dulles is very small so wouldn't be surprised to find it's first passengers only but wanted to check just in case.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Today I phoned the GGL line to ticket a reservation that they kindly did for me earlier (was not bookable via ba.com, all flights BA operated though). The agent on the phone quoted a higher price than originally but I did not question it that time (first I thought it's maybe due to currency changes, silly me). Then I noticed the price was exactly 100 EUR higher for two passengers and the ticket receipt says "The price of your ticket includes a service centre fee of EUR 100.00".

I thought GGLs would be exempt from the service fee but has this changed?

Last edited by esledo; Mar 20, 2018 at 12:41 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by esledo
Today I phoned the GGL line to ticket a reservation that they kindly did for me earlier (was not bookable via ba.com, all flights BA operated though). The agent on the phone quoted a higher price than originally but I did not question it that time (first I thought it's maybe due to currency changes, silly me). Then I noticed the price was exactly 100 EUR higher for two passenger and the ticket receipt says "The price of your ticket includes a service centre fee of EUR 100.00".

I thought GGLs would be exempt from the service fee but has this changed?
It definitely seems to be the offline service fee of EUR50 per person for Finland https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Looking at some of my offline bookings I seem to be charged the UK equivalent service fee of £10 so it appears these are charged.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by KARFA
It definitely seems to be the offline service fee of EUR50 per person for Finland https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Looking at some of my offline bookings I seem to be charged the UK equivalent service fee of £10 so it appears these are charged.
Seems to be so. Of course it would have been nice if they had mentioned that when they did the initial booking via GGL email. I would have booked it online but indeed was not possible via ba.com. (I don't know about BA but I've heard AY used to waive services fees if the itinerary was not bookable online.)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by farcaster
Long time lurker, first time poster... I'm flying from IAD this week for the first time since I hit 5000 tier points, does the CCR card allow use of the first dining area? I used to visit fairly DC regularly but haven't for a couple of years and my memories is the first dining room in Dulles is very small so wouldn't be surprised to find it's first passengers only but wanted to check just in case.
Hello farcaster and congrats on your first post. Hopefully the first of many.

Here's a thread for you to look at in relation to Concorde Dining at IAD. In summary, the answer is probably no unless of course you're traveling in First.

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello farcaster and congrats on your first post. Hopefully the first of many.

Here's a thread for you to look at in relation to Concorde Dining at IAD. In summary, the answer is probably no unless of course you're traveling in First.
In the end I got an opup to first that I spotted on the app just before I went to the club dining so it worked out well. The menu was the same as at JFK a couple of weeks ago but I thought the portion sizes were much more generous so this was much appreciated compared to the buffet.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Quick question : Gifted BA Silver travelling on BA Staff Concession from Canada to London in Economy

Does the Silver card holder still get the Silver Baggage allowance as below even if travelling on Staff concession?
  • A checked baggage allowance of two bags when travelling in economy
  • For everyone in your booking, except on hand baggage only (Basic) fares*
  • A weight allowance of 32kg (70lb) per checked bag
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
BTW in terms of soft landing from GGL, I got Gold.

It hurts less than the Silver I had points for....
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Banana4321
BTW in terms of soft landing from GGL, I got Gold.

It hurts less than the Silver I had points for....
That’s interesting, how many TPs had you earned in your collection year?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

That’s interesting, how many TPs had you earned in your collection year?
360. So not even Silver...
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks for the reply @Banana4321 so not even close to Gold. I wonder if this is a change in policy? Hitherto the soft landing from GGL has been to Silver as you say.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmm interesting to know. I am currently above 1500 TP but not sure whether to stretch to the 3000 TP required to renew GGL (for what I think would be my 7th continuous year of GGL) based on the rumours elsewhere on the forum. If it's going to be a certain soft landing to Gold, I might go for the 3k again this year to protect 2020 which is looking much lighter for flying currently..

Wouldn't it be nice if 10 continuous years of GGL got GGLfL?!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hmmm interesting to know. I am currently above 1500 TP but not sure whether to stretch to the 3000 TP required to renew GGL (for what I think would be my 7th continuous year of GGL) based on the rumours elsewhere on the forum. If it's going to be a certain soft landing to Gold, I might go for the 3k again this year to protect 2020 which is looking much lighter for flying currently..

Wouldn't it be nice if 10 continuous years of GGL got GGLfL?!
I'd always believed the soft landing from GGL was to Silver. If it is to Gold that changes my planning considerably. I've renewed GGL until April 2019, soft land to Gold until April 2020, then TP run(s) in May 2020 to get gold back until April 2022. I think my days of GGL are coming to an end, unless I find another client who wants to fly me all over the globe, at their $ in CW
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:25 pm

Well I was Gold this morning, now Silver...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.