Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Off topic, what does joker mean?
Gold Guest List BAEC members get 2 "Jokers" per membership year, which allow us to use Avios to book seats even when there is no availability on those flights.

For example, if I book LHR-SIN-SYD return in CW and there's no Avios availability to upgrade to First, I can use my Joker for up to 5 people on the booking and pay the Avios for those F upgrades on all 4 of those long haul sectors.

There are some T&Cs and limitations but ultimately that's what it is. Basically the one shining benefit of being loyal to BA, these days.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Off topic, what does joker mean?
See under "GGL Redemption/Jokers" in post #1 of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-s-guide.html
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Is that to IAH? Would you mind me asking how you get to 720TP? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Mind if I enquire what routing got you to 720 TP's? I can force multiple stop-overs in both directions getting to / from Houston, but given it's less than the >2000K mileage sweet spot, I just am adding lots of 40 TP's to my account.

Pilot37
as others have already said, you can force routing via PHX - or even LAX for just over a grand. so I was looking at AMS LHR JFK LAX IAD / IAD LAX JFK LHR CDG for just over a grand (or same routing via PHX rather than LAX for 970 quid ish).
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by chris1979
as others have already said, you can force routing via PHX - or even LAX for just over a grand. so I was looking at AMS LHR JFK LAX IAD / IAD LAX JFK LHR CDG for just over a grand (or same routing via PHX rather than LAX for 970 quid ish).
Thanks Chris1979 (and the other responders), found it, but the fare I had at £992 has suddenly jumped £1k to just under £2k round trip - seems the fare has been pulled already!

Pilot37
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Fare to IAH is gone from Expertflyer, now base fare is £1440 + taxes
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by chris1979
Do you have an example Google Flights link to show this?

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
AMS-LHR-JFK-PHX-IAH-PHX-JFK-LHR-CDG is what I've got. If you want to add more, you can also route via DUB and/or MAN for an additional 40 or 20 respectively.
Can't replicate these routings and it looks like the fares have now gone from Expert Flyer, so I'm afraid it appears to be dead
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Fare to IAH is gone from Expertflyer, now base fare is £1440 + taxes
That would explain why I'm struggling to route it!

Bugger!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Can't replicate these routings and it looks like the fares have now gone from Expert Flyer, so I'm afraid it appears to be dead
Weekend in SIN to cheer you up, instead?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Well, this should be amusing as I've got it on hold so I can use a voucher from that HNL jaunt ... let's see if they'll ticket it at LHR later!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
sorry, posted on wrong thread!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Indeed, the fare has been pulled from EF; was just looking it up and the second time the new fare was displayed. Oh well
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Well, this should be amusing as I've got it on hold so I can use a voucher from that HNL jaunt ... let's see if they'll ticket it at LHR later!
If it is "on hold" in the sense that you have a PNR priced using the fare, and the fare was pulled [rather than expired at the expiry time], it should still be ticketable.

However if the fare was designed to expire, then the PNR will usually be set to expire together with the fare.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
See under "GGL Redemption/Jokers" in post #1 of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-s-guide.html
Thanks Karfa.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:24 am

The ex AMS and Paris fares seem to have been pulled, Can anyone see any of the sub 1200 prices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.