Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by dakaix
First - LHR-HKG - BA31 Late September

None of the main courses particularly excite me on this menu; has anyone tried the Wonton soup?
This is an extremely anti-carnivore menu, I have to say - 3 vegetable and 1 seafood starter choices, then only 1 main course with red meat (which is, unfortunately, a steak which totally rules it out in my opinion) and one with a little bit of pork in some wontons...

I have had a BA F wonton soup out of HKG before and it was fine, edible but nothing better and somewhat lacking in flavour for a wonton soup made in Hong Kong. Can't comment on the ex-LHR version.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
LHR-SIN August CW menu. I know it is late but may still help. This is the menu which wasn't available in advance of my flight.
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
LHR-SIN August CW menu. I know it is late but may still help. This is the menu which wasn't available in advance of my flight.
Hmm... that's really weird because it is completely different from the LHR-SIN CW menu I had twice this month! Can you confirm what were your travel dates, as I almost wonder if it was a delayed or early start to the monthly rotation?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:51 am

BA31 LHR-HKG (London-Hong Kong) Sept Club World Menu

Any Recommendations or do these menus not exist until sept?

Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GGla
BA31 LHR-HKG (London-Hong Kong) Sept Club World Menu

Any Recommendations or do these menus not exist until sept?
The vast majority of menu dishes get recycled every few months. Occasionally, one disappears or another reappears or one gets changed for whatever reason, but the beef fillet with smoked mashed potatoes has been a regular. I tried it once despite my natural worry towards steak on planes because the alternatives I had did not tempt and I loved smoked things generally, but it was really poor, with the cabbage proving an unwelcome watery base to everything else. I find BA risotti invariably overcooked which makes them feel stodgy though I tasted this one and the taste itself was fine. I'd personally choose the pork rib as Chinese mains are usually decent (I believe that they are prepared by a separate caterer).
adrianlondon and GGla like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This for October 2 departure in J

BA273 London to San Diego 15:30

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Chicken liver parfait with redcurrant jelly and apple chutney
  • Rosary Ash goat's cheese with baby pear caramelized walnuts and marinated beetroot
  • Creamy cauliflower soup with pickled girrole and hazelnut salad
  • Waldorf Salad served with your choice of Balsamic or Pesto dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
  • Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Dessert
  • Toffee apple pecan slice with crème anglaise
  • Chocolate profiteroles with chocolate sauce
  • Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Clementines and Pommegranete
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuit and fig relish

Last edited by endoman; Sep 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:31 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by endoman

This for October 2 departure.

BA273 London to San Diego 15:30

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Chicken liver parfait with redcurrant jelly and apple chutney
  • Rosary Ash goat's cheese with baby pear caramelized walnuts and marinated beetroot
  • Creamy cauliflower soup with pickled girrole and hazelnut salad
  • Waldorf Salad served with your choice of Balsamic or Pesto dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
  • Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes

Dessert

• Toffee apple pecan slice with crème anglaise
  • Chocolate profiteroles with chocolate sauce
  • Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Clementines and Pommegranete
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuit and fig relish
Is this J or F? I really don’t fancy any of the starters except the soup.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Slightly the wrong thread but it’s pointless me starting a new one.

Can someone advise what the meal service in club will be on the BA117?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Breakfast and afternoon tea.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GLA

Is this J or F? I really don’t fancy any of the starters except the soup.
Apols, it's J.
GLA likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Breakfast and afternoon tea.
will it be a 3 course breakfast like the normal meal service?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The service is from the trolley like the lunch/dinner service so plenty of choice and excellent quality food.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The service is from the trolley like the lunch/dinner service so plenty of choice and excellent quality food.
thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's

For departure September 5th in J

BA79 London to Muscat 19:55

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with Burford hens egg shallots dill crème fraiche and pumpernickel
  • Creamy celeriac soup with pine nuts and chives
  • Superfood Salad

Main

• Grilled chicken in dakous sauce and roasted vegetables with Freekeh
  • Seared fillet of British beef with potato dauphinoise honey roasted butternut squash and peppercorn jus
  • Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with wild mushrooms cherry tomatoes and Roquefort sauce

Dessert

• Lemon Fondant topped with pistachio, crème anglaise
  • Warm chocolate almond and butterscotch sponge pudding with crème anglaise
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar Cenarth Brie Stilton served with apricot walnut biscuits and sweet apple croxton chutney
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold

BA31 London to Hong Kong 18:40 > Class J

Starters

• Smoked breast of Gressingham duck with plum & ginger chutney radish and crispy shallot
  • Beancurd roll filled with oyster mushroom green bean & carrot with grilled king oyster mushroom soy & sesame dressing
  • Butternut squash and rosemary soup with a orange creme fraiche and toasted pumpkin seeds

Salad

• Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of mustard dressing or creamy basil dressing

Main

• Pork rib jin-du sauce with egg fried rice Kailan sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Seared fillet of West country beef smoked mashed potato braised savoy cabbage carrot and red wine jus
  • Butternut squash risotto roasted squash pumpkin seeds and an orange and hazelnut butter

Dessert

• Caramelised orange tart with cherry coulis
  • Light & dark chocolate delice with caramel sauce
  • Sticky toffee pudding with a vanilla anglaise
  • Strawberries and raspberries
  • Kidderton Ash Shropshire Blue Butler's Secret served with Fig Chutney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.