Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
I have the following menu for LHR-SEA in a few days:

Im assuming the beef will be cooked until it resembles a poorly made shoe and whomever thought a BBQ Hamburger (also likely cooked until destruction) was an appropriate meal for a long haul FC menu should no longer have any decision making powers. So that leaves me the cod and the torallini - reading the posts above seems the cod was not bad, has anyone had the tortellini? Any picture of either would also be apppreciated.
Here's the burger. Your assumption is wrong (IMO). It's my preferred F meal, always tastes good and doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is

The burger. With plenty of LPGS 🤪
Hilde likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the pics. Very helpful. The family order is 2 x steaks, a burger and the fish.

Looking forward to our YVR trip in a couple of weeks. The flight is long enough to fully appreciate the F experience whilst not being too long that boredom sets in.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:46 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hilde
Here are the beef and the cod
To be fair the beefburger does look more appetising.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
FIRST 8-August LHR-IAD

BA293 London to Washington DC 17:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • Poached baby pear in sauternes with fresh honeycomb, Cashel blue cheese dressing and pecan nuts
  • Asparagus soup with pecorino and chervil
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Baked halibut and fresh linguini in a chive and caper butter sauce
  • Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings
  • Lemon and ricotta tortellini, violet glazed artichoke, shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of black olive marinated tuna with Nicoise salad and warm herbed new baby potatoes

Desserts

• Chocolate Mille Feuille
  • Warm Infused Lemon and almond Semolina Sponge Pudding
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie

BA293 London to Washington DC 17:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • Poached baby pear in sauternes with fresh honeycomb, Cashel blue cheese dressing and pecan nuts
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Surely the Poached baby pear should be a dessert rather than a starter.

Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Not with blue cheese dressing one would think?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:24 pm

BA189 London to EWR 16:55 (11 August 2018 date) - Business Class

Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn soup with piquillo pepper
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
  • Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut

Dessert

• Flourless orange almond and blackcurrant slice served with a vanilla cream and candied hazelnut
  • Chocolate salt caramel Mille Feuille, burnt honey comb cream
  • Raspberry and almond frangipane tart, vanilla sauce
  • Strawberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and quince jelly
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Starters
Main
  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Baked halibut and fresh linguini in a chive and caper butter sauce
  • Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings
  • Lemon and ricotta tortellini, violet glazed artichoke, shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of black olive marinated tuna with Nicoise salad and warm herbed new baby potatoes
Desserts
  • Chocolate Mille Feuille
  • Warm Infused Lemon and almond Semolina Sponge Pudding
I have just seen this in someone's August LHR-JNB in F, with the addition of "Vanilla bean Ice cream" as a dessert, and:-
Cheese Plate
  • Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
All spelling mistakes are in the original.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I have just seen this in someone's August LHR-JNB in F, with the addition of "Vanilla bean Ice cream" as a dessert, and:-All spelling mistakes are in the original.
I have this menu for LHR-BOS in August.

I’m tempted to try the chicken burger to avoid another hockey puck steak.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat

Hmmmm, leaning towards the sole, but I do like indian food so the chicken sounds interesting too...

BA183London to New York (First), Aug '18

Starters

• Medley of beetroot with quinoa salad and greek yoghurt
  • Warm crispy coated King Prawns with cajun mayo
  • Artichoke parmesan soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of creamy tarragon dressing or balsamic olive oil dressing

Main

• Braised Welsh lamb shank, celeriac mousseline, rosemary jus
  • Grilled Dover sole, lemon butter, fresh asparagus and smoked tomatoes
  • Chicken supreme Kashmiri style, mango pilaf and broccoli saag
  • Handmade mozzarella ravioli, rucola, slow roasted tomatoes
  • Main course salad featuring fillet of Loch Fyne salmon and cauliflower tabouleh

Desserts

• Fresh raspberry and Vanilla sponge with chantilly cream
  • Warm cinnamon doughnuts, crème Anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Northumberland Oak smoked cheese
  • Colston basset stilton
  • Somerset camenbert
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I had the lamb shank back in March. It was one of the very best things I've ever had to eat on an airplane.
FeedbirdNiner likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by greg5
I had the lamb shank back in March. It was one of the very best things I've ever had to eat on an airplane.
Thanks for the recommendation ^
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by ready4departure
Hmmmm, leaning towards the sole, but I do like indian food so the chicken sounds interesting too...

BA183London to New York (First), Aug '18

Starters
  • Medley of beetroot with quinoa salad and greek yoghurt
  • Warm crispy coated King Prawns with cajun mayo
  • Artichoke parmesan soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of creamy tarragon dressing or balsamic olive oil dressing
Main
  • Braised Welsh lamb shank, celeriac mousseline, rosemary jus
  • Grilled Dover sole, lemon butter, fresh asparagus and smoked tomatoes
  • Chicken supreme Kashmiri style, mango pilaf and broccoli saag
  • Handmade mozzarella ravioli, rucola, slow roasted tomatoes
  • Main course salad featuring fillet of Loch Fyne salmon and cauliflower tabouleh
Desserts
  • Fresh raspberry and Vanilla sponge with chantilly cream
  • Warm cinnamon doughnuts, crème Anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Board
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese
  • Colston basset stilton
  • Somerset camenbert
We have the exact same menu in First on BA173 on August 25th. Lamb for me, Dover Sole for the wife.....
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bakera
We have the exact same menu in First on BA173 on August 25th. Lamb for me, Dover Sole for the wife.....
As do we on BA177 (LHR-JFK) in 3 weeks-ish. Nothing really jumps out at me, was looking forward to to requesting a medium-rare steak, but will probably go for the sole.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-LAS CW Main next month - thoroughly miserable

Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto

Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.