Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by babarage

it’s a French desert, egg whites in a custard sauce.
Lovely, thanks. I think the Two Fat Ladies did it once IIRC ^
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Going LHR-IAH, options are beef, chicken, and risotto. Leaning to chicken.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by babarage

it’s a French desert, egg whites in a custard sauce.
That’s what is should be, but that is not what BA’s version is.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

yeah I would have thought an aircraft galley was the last place you would find "floating islands". Don't they get cooked on simmering water?*

* vague memories of a Masterchef skills test
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Does anyone know if the F burger featuring in June/July is pre-assembled or can it be made without the cheese and BBQ sauce?
No problem, the burger and its individual components are separate so the cheese and the sauce can be left off.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC

What is it, then? *curious*
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Hilde
What is it, then? *curious*
Oops, I thought I’d edited my post to include that.

It is a rather underwhelming dish comprising of two rather dry meringues, a little fruit compote and a spoonful of a cream-like substance. Not what anyone (other than BA) would call ‘floating Island’.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:34 am

Oops, I thought I’d edited my post to include that.

It is a rather underwhelming dish comprising of two rather dry meringues, a little fruit compote and a spoonful of a cream-like substance. Not what anyone (other than BA) would call ‘floating Island’.
Wow, that does indeed sound quite underwhelming, yes.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
Has anyone had this menu recently? I currently have the seabass pre-ordered, but curious what the duck roll would be like. The prawn pasta sounds interesting too, but at least I have a reasonable sense of what to expect of it!

LHR-JFK, July 4, F

Starters
  • Buffalo mozzarella grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main
  • Fillet of Heritage beef with gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en papillotte seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Crispy Gressingham duck roll with avocado, plum hoisin sauce
  • Handmade tagliarini king prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous

Desserts
  • Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board
  • Shropshire blue cheese
  • Somerset brie
  • Applewood cheddar
I have the same menu LHR/JFK in F later in the month.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I have the following menu for LHR-SEA in a few days:

BA49 London to Seattle 15:30

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • English asparagus with soft poached quail egg Croxton Manor goat's curd and heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn Velouté with crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet cauliflower pureé buttered kale and curried cauliflower bhaji
  • British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
  • Lemon and Ricotta tortellini violet glazed artichoke shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of mint and yoghurt grilled corn fed chicken and barrel aged feta cheese

Desserts

• Chocolate & Blackcurrant Dome
  • Warm Strawberry & Almond Tart
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
Im assuming the beef will be cooked until it resembles a poorly made shoe and whomever thought a BBQ Hamburger (also likely cooked until destruction) was an appropriate meal for a long haul FC menu should no longer have any decision making powers. So that leaves me the cod and the torallini - reading the posts above seems the cod was not bad, has anyone had the tortellini? Any picture of either would also be apppreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by ryan182
I have the following menu for LHR-SEA in a few days:

Im assuming the beef will be cooked until it resembles a poorly made shoe and whomever thought a BBQ Hamburger (also likely cooked until destruction) was an appropriate meal for a long haul FC menu should no longer have any decision making powers. So that leaves me the cod and the torallini - reading the posts above seems the cod was not bad, has anyone had the tortellini? Any picture of either would also be apppreciated.
I had the tortellini on Wednesday on LHR-MIA. The texture inside the tortellini was dry but the flavors of the veg with the sauce were fantastic. I would gladly order it again
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
Has anyone had this menu recently? I currently have the seabass pre-ordered, but curious what the duck roll would be like. The prawn pasta sounds interesting too, but at least I have a reasonable sense of what to expect of it!

LHR-JFK, July 4, F

Starters
  • Buffalo mozzarella grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main
  • Fillet of Heritage beef with gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en papillotte seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Crispy Gressingham duck roll with avocado, plum hoisin sauce
  • Handmade tagliarini king prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous

Desserts
  • Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board
  • Shropshire blue cheese
  • Somerset brie
  • Applewood cheddar
Same menu for me on LHR-JFK in the second half of July. I find it mildly uninspiring. I can't decide between beef and seabass.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
I had the tortellini on Wednesday on LHR-MIA. The texture inside the tortellini was dry but the flavors of the veg with the sauce were fantastic. I would gladly order it again
Thanks! That does look pretty good.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Can anyone post a photo of the cod with cauliflower puree and the Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter? Many thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Can anyone post a photo of the cod with cauliflower puree and the Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter? Many thanks.
Here are the beef and the cod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.