Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Deleted
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GK1981
BA193 LHR-DFW Club world 11/10/2018
  • Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
  • Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Guess it'll be the pork then
Any feedback on the pork? I've chosen this for my flight on Saturday, but its not too late to change!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Whenever I’ve taken the main course salad option I’ve found it to be satisfying.
Agreed. I often have the main course salad when flying F, and often find it the best option (not always, but often). I have never had an issue with size. Obviously, I am not an ogre, but in F, you can easily have a starter, a soup or salad, the main, cheese, and dessert so it's not as though anyone was going to be particularly hungry after the main meal!
LoneGroover likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
BA48 F SEA-LHR (sept 27th)

Starter was duck breast, main was sea bass with lobster bisque and crab. Starter was a bit dry, main was OK also a bit dry but the sauce helped, FWIW the menu had monkfish but the FA explained they swapped it for sea bass which worked out since I was in the mood for something light and leaning towards seafood and had picked the monkfish for the return.

BA49 F (oct 6th)
French onion soup starter, monkfish with lobster bisque main. I was wondering how they were going to pull off french onion soup on a plane...spoiler alert they didn't and it was certainly not what one traditionally expects with french onion but tasted OK. Fish was nice, I opted to eat about 2.5 hours into the flight and it was still moist and tasty.

Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:38 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
BA251 London to Santiago November
Starters
Smoked Scottish salmon with crayfish tails and Marie Rose sauce
Spiced Butternut squash soup with parmesan sourdough crouton
Lamb lettuce and red chard salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seeds

Main course
Seared fillet of British beef with roasted potatoes, parsnips and horseradish jus
North Atlantic sea trout with crushed new potatoes, wilted spinach and a white wine beurre blanc
Paneer, sweet potato, cauliflower and chick pea korma with Jasmine rice
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA57 LHR to JNB NOV in F

Starters
  • Kinglass smoked salmon picked Devonshire crab and avocado puree
  • Baked herb crusted camembert pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Autumn spiced butternut squash soup with chestnuts and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette or Caesar dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Lobster Thermidor herb buttered new potatoes minted peas with lemon
  • Chicken leek and ham hock pie parsley mashed potato and honey and mustard sauce
  • Puy lentil and orzo ragù with Crottin de Chavignol grilled king oyster mushroom and fresh truffle shaving
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
Desserts
  • Strawberry & Black Pepper Cheesecake
  • Warm Chocolate Nut Tart
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red
  • Bleu D'Auvergne

Last edited by Reemondo; Oct 10, 2018 at 11:58 am Reason: add flying class
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by LPQ
BA251 London to Santiago November
Starters
Smoked Scottish salmon with crayfish tails and Marie Rose sauce
Spiced Butternut squash soup with parmesan sourdough crouton
Lamb lettuce and red chard salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seeds

Main course
Seared fillet of British beef with roasted potatoes, parsnips and horseradish jus
North Atlantic sea trout with crushed new potatoes, wilted spinach and a white wine beurre blanc
Paneer, sweet potato, cauliflower and chick pea korma with Jasmine rice
i have the same menu for a LHR-SEA in CW in November.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

i have the same menu for a LHR-SEA in CW in November.
Yep, same here for the mains at least to LAX. I have chosen the sea trout.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reemondo
Starters
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette or Caesar dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Chicken leek and ham hock pie parsley mashed potato and honey and mustard sauce
  • Puy lentil and orzo ragù with Crottin de Chavignol grilled king oyster mushroom and fresh truffle shaving
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
Desserts
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
That's a nice-sounding set of mains. ^
Reemondo likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's a nice-sounding set of mains. ^
I have the same choices for BA0197 LHR-IAH at the beginning of November. The Chicken Pie has swayed me away from risking the beef. Fingers crossed the starters are the same too, as I haven't asked YF for the menu yet, just seen the pre-order in MMB.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by weebo15
I have the same choices for BA0197 LHR-IAH at the beginning of November. The Chicken Pie has swayed me away from risking the beef. Fingers crossed the starters are the same too, as I haven't asked YF for the menu yet, just seen the pre-order in MMB.
If the pre-order is available in MMB then you will be able to see the whole menu. It’s on the same page!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

If the pre-order is available in MMB then you will be able to see the whole menu. It’s on the same page!
In the words of an Italian Captain last seen in the 80s "What-a mistake-a to make-a!" Completely missed that it was clickable - Thanks for the heads up.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Reemondo
Starters
Main
Desserts
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
This is the same as for my flight to DEL in a couple of weeks. Has anybody here tried the lobster?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by chance88088
BA 213 LHR to BOS, 2 nd October in business:

Starters

Chicken liver parfait with redcurrant jelly and apple chutney
Rosary Ash goat's cheese with baby pear caramelized walnuts and marinated beetroot
Creamy cauliflower soup with pickled girrole and hazelnut salad
Waldorf Salad served with your choice of Balsamic or Pesto dressing
Main

Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Dessert

Toffee apple pecan slice with crème anglaise
Chocolate profiteroles with chocolate sauce
Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
Clementines and Pommegranete
Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuit and fig relish
Had the soup and salad and both tasty if tiny.

Had the pasta which was ok (bland)

finished with the pecan slice which was lovely
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold

BA5 London to Tokyo Narita in Club World on 19/10. Technical error means that pre-ordering is not available according to MMB. Any idea if this sort of technical error will be resolved pre-flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.